The Move is ON!

Old June 12th 15, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default The Move is ON!

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

So I'm waiting for my lawyer to tell me the closing date and when I
have to get out, so I can arrange the mover. What a mess this is going
to be.

Packing is now going into overdrive,and I have to finalize how I'm
getting three (more liley four) cats into a mini-van and drive for two
days.

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

This will be an interesting few weeks.
Old June 12th 15, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/12/2015 8:58 AM, dgk wrote:

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

Great timing.

So I'm waiting for my lawyer to tell me the closing date and when I
have to get out, so I can arrange the mover. What a mess this is going
to be.

Moving is no fun. When I moved I rented a small dumpster. I was amazed
at how much junk I'd accumulated. No way was a regular curb-side trash
bin or two going to hold all the stuff I'd managed to acquire over the
years and suddenly discovered I really didn't need.

Some things I donated to the Salvation Army. Some things I set out by
the curb and people just took them (I call it curb-cycling). Other
things I just got rid of. That's where the dumpster came in handy.

Packing is now going into overdrive,and I have to finalize how I'm
getting three (more liley four) cats into a mini-van and drive for two
days.

Check out pet-friendly motels. http://www.petswelcome.com/

They generally charge a $15-25 per pet fee. Oh, and they make small
travel litter boxes which might help.

It should be quite an adventure with three (or four) cats.

Funny story. When we were bringing Persia here we thought she'd gone
missing at a motel. They knew we had a cat with us but just to be safe
we hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. We walked across the
street to get a bite to eat. Got back, where's the cat? We had
*everyone* looking for her. The maid swore she had not opened the door.
I thought for sure I'd lost my cat somewhere in Alabama. She had
managed to squeeze herself into a tiny ball behind the night stand next
to the bed. That was quite a feat since Persia was not a small cat.
But she was grey so she was nearly invisible.

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

Surprise, Baby! Guess what? The great indoors really *is* great. No
bugs, no threats from other animals, no rain, no cold, no excessive
heat. Just food & water and a nice place to sleep readily available.

This will be an interesting few weeks.

I wish you the best. I appreciate the reason for the move (your
mother). The cats will get over it... eventually.

Jill
Old June 12th 15, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/12/2015 5:58 AM, dgk wrote:

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

So I'm waiting for my lawyer to tell me the closing date and when I
have to get out, so I can arrange the mover. What a mess this is going
to be.

Packing is now going into overdrive,and I have to finalize how I'm
getting three (more liley four) cats into a mini-van and drive for two
days.

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

This will be an interesting few weeks.

If you feel that way about Florida in July, why are you moving there?
I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Good luck with the move, and especially with Baby.
Old June 12th 15, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/12/2015 1:58 PM, Joy wrote:
On 6/12/2015 5:58 AM, dgk wrote:

[...]

He's moving there to be closer to his elderly mother.

Jill
Old June 14th 15, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

Well, it was *your* idea to move there grin

So I'm waiting for my lawyer to tell me the closing date and when I
have to get out, so I can arrange the mover. What a mess this is going
to be.

Packing is now going into overdrive,and I have to finalize how I'm
getting three (more liley four) cats into a mini-van and drive for two
days.

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

Good luck with the move. Purrs for Baby to accept the inside; it's very
kind of you to take her with you.

This will be an interesting few weeks.

I think so too ;-)

Tweed

Old June 14th 15, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
"dgk" wrote in message
The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

Well, it was *your* idea to move there grin

Better Florida than Arizona (I think - Arizona gets hotter, but until
the monsoons get started, at least it's not so humid.)
Old June 14th 15, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/12/2015 7:58 AM, dgk wrote:

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

Hopefully, you will have a good air conditioning system.

MaryL

Old June 14th 15, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot[_2_]

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"dgk" wrote in message
The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

Well, it was *your* idea to move there grin

Better Florida than Arizona (I think - Arizona gets hotter, but until
the monsoons get started, at least it's not so humid.)

Evelyn you're a trouble making old stupid slag, for making the stupid post that caused all this trouble, I replied to.

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!

My God is better than your god!!!!

Old June 15th 15, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"dgk" wrote in message ...

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

Good for you! Otherwise poor Baby would be abandoned. More people should
treat feral cats as you're doing.

Old June 15th 15, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/12/2015 7:58 AM, dgk wrote:

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

This will be an interesting few weeks.

Were you able to bring Baby inside? I hope it was successful.

MaryL

On the move again Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 5 April 16th 07 10:29 PM
The move Bridget Cat anecdotes 7 September 6th 06 02:39 AM
don't even try to move a can Mike Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:11 AM
there, go move a hen Norma Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:39 PM
MIL on the move Stacey Cat anecdotes 2 August 30th 03 03:20 PM