Sumfing weerd happined

Old January 31st 19, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Sumfing weerd happined

I wuz sleepin on da spinny chair at Meowmie's desk, den da nextest fing I knew I wuz on da flor an felt awl funnee. Meowmie wuz standin over myownself awl wurried. She watched me fur a kupple of minnitz, den made a phone kall.. I heered her say a word I dont know, "seezhur", an a kupple of minnitz later I wuz in da karrier bokz an ended up at a TED I hadnt bin to befur. Dey taked me away frum Meowmie, an poked an prodded myownself, den dey put me bak in da bokz and taked me bak to Meowmie an we kame bak home.

I duznt know whut happined, but I hope it duznt happin agin!

Sundance

[Frazzled hoomin note: He was sleeping on my desk chair in the living room. I went to get something from the kitchen, and when I got back he was on the floor seizing. I think it lasted 20 or 30 seconds. I called the local emergency vet to see if I should have him seen right away. They asked what his gums looked like. When I said they looked pale, they said to bring him in, so I did. By the time we got there, he was pretty normal again, and they didn't find anything remarkable. They can't say if it will happen again, of course. If it happens again, they said he doesn't necessarily need to be seen every time, only if a seizure lasts more than five minutes or he has three or more within 24 hours.]
Old February 1st 19, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fangu, Sammy, my ol fren. I didnt meen to skare Meowmie. I duznt evin know whut happinned, so I duznt know how to not do it agin.

Sundance
Old February 2nd 19, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 1:59:12 AM UTC-8, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
I wuz sleepin on da spinny chair at Meowmie's desk, den da nextest fing I knew I wuz on da flor an felt awl funnee. Meowmie wuz standin over myownself awl wurried. She watched me fur a kupple of minnitz, den made a phone kall. I heered her say a word I dont know, "seezhur", an a kupple of minnitz later I wuz in da karrier bokz an ended up at a TED I hadnt bin to befur. Dey taked me away frum Meowmie, an poked an prodded myownself, den dey put me bak in da bokz and taked me bak to Meowmie an we kame bak home.

I duznt know whut happined, but I hope it duznt happin agin!

Oh mine D-Z Darlink!!! Yur Meowmee iz soosoo klevver!
Mine meowmee shud fynd owt bowt un 'mergency TED owt mine way.
Ya neffurr kno!
I wyll port sum TZikkin soop yur wae.

P2oonya

Old February 2nd 19, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fangu, Sweetee. Soop wud be furry nice, espeshullee rite now kuz I juss got bak from yet anuther trip to TED! Dey poked me an prodded me an evin ultrasowndid me. Also, Meowmie duznt know I seed it, but dey givved her more needulz to bring home, an yoo know doze needulz iznt fur her! An da werst of it is dat befur we went, Meowmie DRUGGED MYOWNSELF so dat I wud let da TED steel my blud. Such trecheree!

But fur rite now I will juss sit an injoy dis furry nice soop. Den maybe take a nap. Will yoo keep myownself kumpanee?

Yur Sunnydanse

[Hoomin note: The emergency vet recommended having his regular vet do bloodwork to look for anything that might have caused the seizure. They gave me gabapentin to give him before such a visit so he wouldn't get so stressed. That seemed to help because today the regular vet got blood and urine from him without too much trouble. They didn't find anything that stuck out as a possible cause of the seizure, but they did find some concerning kidney values and that he's slightly anemic. They're having me give him subq fluids for a couple of weeks to see if the kidney values improve.]
Old February 3rd 19, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 7:22:39 PM UTC-8, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
Fangu, Sweetee. Soop wud be furry nice, espeshullee rite now kuz I juss got bak from yet anuther trip to TED! Dey poked me an prodded me an evin ultrasowndid me. Also, Meowmie duznt know I seed it, but dey givved her more needulz to bring home, an yoo know doze needulz iznt fur her! An da werst of it is dat befur we went, Meowmie DRUGGED MYOWNSELF so dat I wud let da TED steel my blud. Such trecheree!

But fur rite now I will juss sit an injoy dis furry nice soop. Den maybe take a nap. Will yoo keep myownself kumpanee?

Yur Sunnydanse

I will stay wiff yu az long az yu gneed me.
Mine Meowmee gibz me gabapentin tuu, tu try tu make me stop night tyme HOWELINK...but it hazzint woikt. Den hur azkt attid PettyCo, an hur bot uh koller datz spozt tu smell likka meowmee cat, an relax me...I tink datz stoopid,
an I sez so by howlink inna daytyme an at nite too. Da koller sez it shud woik in lezz den uh munff...we wyll see... ... ...

I du hoap yur meowmee duzzint poke yu tuuu tuu mutsh wiff doze gneedulz. An mine meowmee sendz hur catdolenses bowt da big big buckz yur meowmee gave tu TED.

Yur P2nya

Old February 4th 19, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[Sammy soon appears, wearing a chef's apron and pushing a serving cart.]

Here yoo are, two bowls of chickum soup. And here's some liddle appetizers in case you feel like you could eat - some mini ears of sooven barbequed wif catnip marindade, and some lovely chicky breasts stewed in a reduction of red wine.

Sammy
Old February 4th 19, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fangu, Sammy, yoo iz a gud fren.

[Sundance tries a little of everything.]

Dus iz all furry gud! Sammy, I didnt know yoo kud cook dis gud!

Sundance
Old February 4th 19, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

I learned a liddle bit from FluffyKitz. But just a liddle bit.

Sammy
Old March 9th 19, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

It happinned agin! I was sittin on da cowch wif Meowmie juss havin a gud rest, den suddinly I wuz ober at da bottim of da starez feelin funnee an a liddle sore. Dis iz reely weerd. It's like I looz part of da day.

Kan sumkittee pore me anudder kup of dat nip tea?

Sundance

[Hoomin note: He had another seizure, much stronger than the other one. One second he was on the couch, then he was streaking across the room and partway up the stairs. When the seizure took over, I think he fell back down the stairs, but I don't know how many.]
Old March 11th 19, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 2:58:58 AM UTC-8, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
It happinned agin! I was sittin on da cowch wif Meowmie juss havin a gud rest, den suddinly I wuz ober at da bottim of da starez feelin funnee an a liddle sore. Dis iz reely weerd. It's like I looz part of da day.

Kan sumkittee pore me anudder kup of dat nip tea?

Sundance

[Hoomin note: He had another seizure, much stronger than the other one. One second he was on the couch, then he was streaking across the room and partway up the stairs. When the seizure took over, I think he fell back down the stairs, but I don't know how many.]

Ooooh Noooo....I wyll be purring for mine Darlink!!