no takers on the annoying siamese behavior?

Old May 25th 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter[_2_]

Default no takers on the annoying siamese behavior?

we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

any suggestions?

peter
Old May 25th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"peter" wrote in message
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

No, she'll likely be dead soon anyway.

Old May 25th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, peter exclaimed (5/25/2009 8:18 AM):
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

any suggestions?

peter

I posted my suggestions today.

jmc

Old May 26th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter[_2_]

cybercat wrote:
"peter" wrote in message
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

No, she'll likely be dead soon anyway.

???why do you say that
Old May 26th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"peter" wrote in message
news
cybercat wrote:
"peter" wrote in message
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

No, she'll likely be dead soon anyway.

???why do you say that

You put her outside where anything can happen to her.

Here is what I did when I had a loud cat: I waited until she began
vocalizing then put her in a room with bed, box, food and water, some toys,
and shut her in there. The breakfast room was a good ways from the bedroom,
and I had a large HEPA filter in my bedroom so I could not hear her.

After a while, she stopped because she didn't want to be in there.

Good luck. And please don't put your cat outside.

Old May 26th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter[_2_]

cybercat wrote:

You put her outside where anything can happen to her.

point taken

Here is what I did when I had a loud cat: I waited until she began
vocalizing then put her in a room with bed, box, food and water, some toys,
and shut her in there. The breakfast room was a good ways from the bedroom,
and I had a large HEPA filter in my bedroom so I could not hear her.

hmmm, might be a good idea, i wonder if it will cause more of the "bad"
behavior due to frustration...we'll see

After a while, she stopped because she didn't want to be in there.

Good luck. And please don't put your cat outside.

they go out many times during the day anyway, because they want to.
i understand your concern, it is sorta like not wanting your daughter
going to nyc, (or many other issues with any kid growing up), with my
dughter, something unpleansant did happen, and now she listens a little
more to our advice

i have seen inside cats hurt by climbing a book case which fell over,
chewing toxic things which were well secured...there is danger inside too.
i understand your position and respect your choose,,,lets be friends??

peter
Old May 26th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"peter" wrote
i have seen inside cats hurt by climbing a book case which fell over,
chewing toxic things which were well secured...there is danger inside too.
i understand your position and respect your choose,,,lets be friends??

Okay.

Old May 27th 09, 09:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

On May 25, 5:18*am, peter wrote:
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

any suggestions?

peter

She's Siamese. You should have done your homework before you
purchased the LOUDEST and MOST DEMANDING breed of cat there is.

You're not going to be able to "modify" her behavior - it's innate.
The sooner you learn to live with it, the better.

-L.
Old May 27th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
On May 25, 5:18 am, peter wrote:
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

any suggestions?

peter

She's Siamese. You should have done your homework before you
purchased the LOUDEST and MOST DEMANDING breed of cat there is.

Well, look who it is!!! You've been missed!

discouraging unwanted behavior in 1yo siamese peter[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 9 May 31st 09 04:42 PM
still no takers? Irulan Cat anecdotes 5 July 12th 07 02:35 AM
Something's up with my cat...takers? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 November 18th 06 09:36 AM
Odd Fits of Behavior Siamese Tommy rsjordan Cat health & behaviour 4 March 22nd 04 07:04 PM
Seal Point Siamese behavior way off! It's always something Cat health & behaviour 8 November 1st 03 01:45 AM