Unattended cups of ice water as entertainment...

Old November 28th 04, 09:41 PM
Zorin the Lynx

Default Unattended cups of ice water as entertainment...

So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check on
something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

He was sitting there playing with the ice in the cup for around 15
minutes! Plenty of time for me to grab the camera and try to get a cute
shot. Oddly enough, he didn't try to drink the water... He just found
the ice cubes fascinating!

Of course, knowing where those paws have been (in the litterbox,
particularly) I poured myself a new glass of water. But darnit, it was
one of the most adorable things I'd seen!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Dip paw in water to push down ice.
2. Watch ice cube float back up.
3. Shake paw vigorously to remove cold water, spraying catslave and camera.
4. Redo from start.

-Z
Old November 28th 04, 10:05 PM
Takayuki

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check on
something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

What a cute picture! And is that really Lynxie!? He's just
beautiful, so much bigger than before, and he looks like he's
developed into a more adult coat pattern, too. Also, you seem to be
developing a very dramatic style now when taking pictures of him.

Old November 28th 04, 10:09 PM
jmcquown

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check
on something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

(singing) "You put your left paw in you take your left paw out, you put your
left paw in and you shake it all about! You do da floaty ice cube and turn
yourself about.... dat's what it's all about!"

Jill

Old November 28th 04, 10:26 PM
Zorin the Lynx

I've started reading photography books. I'm trying to make my pictures
interesting composition-and-lighting wise, and am learning how to
compose better. I think.

I'm also working more with existing light and avoiding the flash; this
really makes pictures look better, though it presents some challenges.

Hope you all like it!

-Z

Old November 29th 04, 02:45 AM

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

I've started reading photography books. I'm trying to make my pictures
interesting composition-and-lighting wise, and am learning how to
compose better. I think.

It definitely shows! The pictures are great. Looks like you have a really
nice camera, too.

Of course, you have an extremely handsome subject, as well!

Joyce
Old November 29th 04, 04:28 AM
Marina

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check on
something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

LOL! I sometimes put some ice in the cats' water dish in the summer.
They think it's fascinating. It's like... like water... but it's solid!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old November 29th 04, 01:41 PM
Helen Wheels

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check on
something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

He was sitting there playing with the ice in the cup for around 15
minutes! Plenty of time for me to grab the camera and try to get a cute
shot. Oddly enough, he didn't try to drink the water... He just found
the ice cubes fascinating!

Of course, knowing where those paws have been (in the litterbox,
particularly) I poured myself a new glass of water. But darnit, it was
one of the most adorable things I'd seen!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Dip paw in water to push down ice.
2. Watch ice cube float back up.
3. Shake paw vigorously to remove cold water, spraying catslave and camera.
4. Redo from start.

-Z

Wow, what a handsome grown-up cat he's turned into. Not that there was
ever any doubt.
Old November 29th 04, 03:00 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:41:31 -0500, Zorin the Lynx
yodeled:

So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check on
something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

He was sitting there playing with the ice in the cup for around 15
minutes! Plenty of time for me to grab the camera and try to get a cute
shot. Oddly enough, he didn't try to drink the water... He just found

Woo-hoo! What a cutie! What's his name?

Theresa
Old November 29th 04, 06:24 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , Helen Wheels
wrote:

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
[...]

For a different sort of amusement, give a raccoon a sugar cube. For
those who live in countries without raccoons, they rinse their food in
water before eating it.

I remember one tame raccoon licking his paw, finding it sweet, and going
on an intense search of the water bowl...the cube HAD to be here
somewhere...
Old November 29th 04, 10:19 PM
Denise Clere

teehee !
"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message ...
So I got a cup of water today, and left it on the counter to go check on
something else. When I returned, well...

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kitten..._5489.jpg.html

He was sitting there playing with the ice in the cup for around 15
minutes! Plenty of time for me to grab the camera and try to get a cute
shot. Oddly enough, he didn't try to drink the water... He just found
the ice cubes fascinating!

Of course, knowing where those paws have been (in the litterbox,
particularly) I poured myself a new glass of water. But darnit, it was
one of the most adorable things I'd seen!

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Dip paw in water to push down ice.
2. Watch ice cube float back up.
3. Shake paw vigorously to remove cold water, spraying catslave and camera.
4. Redo from start.

-Z

Gobble Gobble Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 46 November 28th 04 03:20 PM
Cats and Water Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 36 October 24th 04 12:11 PM
Water question TJ and The Dust Cat anecdotes 10 February 18th 04 05:51 AM