Boyfie knows how to look after himself

Old November 21st 15, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Boyfie knows how to look after himself

The New Other Guy wrote:

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 20:14:47 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

But if he sees them again now- they are dangerous. Why?
Because he will accept other people feeding him in dire circumstances but I
am the only one he wants.

GLyN is pretty much the same. If someone has fed him, preferably more
than once, he is more receptive to them, but otherwise, he's in the wind
if anyone comes into the yard, let alone into HIS house.

There was one person who came by who he didn't run from, he climbed into
the new lap within minutes of the visitor coming in.

And that person didn't like cats, right? Or they were allergic.

--
Joyce

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old November 21st 15, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

wrote:

But if he sees them again now- they are dangerous. Why?
Because he will accept other people feeding him in dire circumstances but I
am the only one he wants.

GLyN is pretty much the same. If someone has fed him, preferably more
than once, he is more receptive to them, but otherwise, he's in the wind
if anyone comes into the yard, let alone into HIS house.

There was one person who came by who he didn't run from, he climbed into
the new lap within minutes of the visitor coming in.

And that person didn't like cats, right? Or they were allergic.

No, surprisingly enough.

That person had 3 cats of his own. GLyN didn't seem to be bothered by
that.

Old November 21st 15, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

But if he sees them again now- they are dangerous. Why?
Because he will accept other people feeding him in dire circumstances but
am the only one he wants.

GLyN is pretty much the same. If someone has fed him, preferably more
than once, he is more receptive to them, but otherwise, he's in the wind
if anyone comes into the yard, let alone into HIS house.

There was one person who came by who he didn't run from, he climbed into
the new lap within minutes of the visitor coming in.

I can't imagine that Boyfie would "ever" do that.

I'd prefer he was like that all the time, I've HAD cats who were,
but he is what he is, and I can't change that (unlike most dogs).

I won't change Boyfriend, either. it's not possible. Even today when my
sister in law Claire came for us to go on the Big Saturday Walk with Lennie,
he jumped off my knee and wanted to escape via the back door asap. I
refused. He knows her very well, she looked after him for weeks and visits
twice a week. I told him not to be so silly - not least because the
temperature has dropped 10C in two days and being out when we are on the big
walk means he will be cold by the time I get home.
I'd lit the woodburner early (it was 5C in my bathroom when I got up) and
when I got home he was sitting near it. It took him until last year to
realise that he can sit next to it and bathe in the warmth. so I said to
him when I got hom "glad i didn't let you go out, then?"
We only did two miles today, despite dressing up in scarf, bobble hat and
gloves, the wind-chill made it like minus 2
and even dressed like that, I was cold. Plus Lennie went to the poodle
parlour last Wednesday so he doesn't have much wool on. He had a coat on,
but even so it was more than nippy for all of us so we chickened out at 2
miles. We usually like to do 3. Claire & I have said "no matter what the
weather, we do a big walk on Saturdays" and we will but there was so much
wind and it was so cold we couldn't do the full 3 miles.
Boyfie was pretty glad that I'd refused his request to go out. He was
meatloafing in front of the woodburner when I came home and said"You are
cold? I'm not" which is why meowmie always knows best about taking care of
her cat . ;-)

Tweed

Old November 21st 15, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

But if he sees them again now- they are dangerous. Why?
Because he will accept other people feeding him in dire circumstances
but I
am the only one he wants.

GLyN is pretty much the same. If someone has fed him, preferably more
than once, he is more receptive to them, but otherwise, he's in the wind
if anyone comes into the yard, let alone into HIS house.

There was one person who came by who he didn't run from, he climbed into
the new lap within minutes of the visitor coming in.

And that person didn't like cats, right? Or they were allergic.

--
Joyce

I think that's a stereotype. Kitty Farmcat, despite spending at least 7
years outside, liked people, she always thought they'd come to visit her but
I don't think she bothered them much if it was clear to her that they didn't
share her enthusiasm for them with enthusiasm for her.

Boyfriend is whole different kettle of fish. It took me 4 months to feed
him into the house in 2003 when he was lost and even now he's scared of
everyone except me (even if he knows them)
It might be because something dreadful happened to him once, or maybe he was
once a feral kitten..Kitty FC brought him here saying "here's a cat you
might like to adopt" and if you knew her, let's just say that was more than
unusual. No cat was ever allowed in her garden but she allowed Boyfie
there, taught him to hunt, and insisted I took him into the house. So I
did. She did bat him about the ear a lot then but he took it fine..never
retaliated. Just looked surprised "what did I do?"

Old November 22nd 15, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:53:34 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I told him not to be so silly - not least because the
temperature has dropped 10C in two days and being out when we are on the big
walk means he will be cold by the time I get home.

GLyN has a thick silky coat this year, so I'm expecting it to be cold.
But today, the high was 89 (32c), and the overnight low was 52 (11c),
so quite a long thermometer.

By Thursday, Thanksgiving day here in the States, a major holiday,
the high is expected to only be 62 (17c), and the low 47 (8c).

GLyN will be in more, and might even sleep on the bed for 3-4 hours,
when it's that cold, but then it will be back to his cat duties in the
yard.