Making Herself Comfy

Old December 1st 15, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Making Herself Comfy

A couple of days ago I got up and did my usual morning routine. Gave
Buffy a scoop of Purina One kibble then went to the kitchen to dish up
her wet food. I scooped her litter box. Took a shower. I checked
email at my desk in the living room. I puttered around doing things in
the bedroom, the bathroom, the kitchen, the laundry room. Every room
except the den/TV room.

By the time I went into the den it was late morning. Oh boy! Looks
like someone had a party!

The pillow that resides on the recliner was on the floor. The couch
cushions were a kilter. The throw I toss over my legs when I'm reading
was practically tied in knots. In short, the room looked like a small
furry cyclone hit during the night.

I must have been sleeping really soundly because I sure didn't hear
Buffy having a party. All that was missing from the scene was her
sitting on the couch with a beer bottle and the TV remote. LOL

Buffy is certainly making herself at home. It's hard to believe she's
only lived with me since June. She's finally starting to realize this
is her house and she can do pretty much whatever she wants. It didn't
take but a minute to put things back in order in that room. She has my
permission to party on!

Jill
Old December 2nd 15, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 12/1/2015 8:26 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

So good to hear she has settled in.

Ann
Old December 2nd 15, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/2/2015 7:08 AM, ann791 wrote:
On 12/1/2015 8:26 AM, jmcquown wrote:
A couple of days ago I got up and did my usual morning routine. Gave
Buffy a scoop of Purina One kibble then went to the kitchen to dish up
her wet food. I scooped her litter box. Took a shower. I checked
email at my desk in the living room. I puttered around doing things in
the bedroom, the bathroom, the kitchen, the laundry room. Every room
except the den/TV room.

By the time I went into the den it was late morning. Oh boy! Looks
like someone had a party!

Jill

So good to hear she has settled in.

Ann

Thanks, Ann! She's certainly come into her own. I feel bad she was
bullied by the other cat, Frankie, in her former household. She's still
shy about going in some rooms unless I'm right there with her.

The woman who was taking care of the cats after the owner died said
Frankie beat up on her all the time. The woman was amazed to hear Buffy
plays with toys. Are you kidding me? Give her a golf ball and she'll
bap it around for an hour. Then she takes a nap in the sunshine. She
also loves her little catnip-filled toys. She's not exactly a fan of
mylar balls. (Persia, RB 2014 loved those things.)

I do see the skittish side of her occasionally. She still can't believe
there isn't a cat waiting to pounce on her when she least expects it.

Jill
Old December 3rd 15, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 09:50:50 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

[...]

tt's nice when they start fitting in. I think Baby is taking a few
small steps. She comes out from under the bed more often and sits up
on the night table looking out the window. I have that one cracked
open a few inches so she can smell the outside.

The other cats have been doing all they can to make her feel welcome.
They don't pounce on her and often just ignore her. Sometimes they'll
come up to her and sniff or, infrequently, engage in a bit of play but
it never seems mean spirited.

It's been better for the last week or so. I don't know if she'll ever
be totally adjusted to being inside, but I'm starting to think that
she won't spend her whole life under the bed.
Old December 3rd 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Baby not spending her life under the bed sounds like a positive step.
And really, who would have been left to care for her, feed her, etc. if
you hadn't brought her with you on the move to Florida? Thank you for
doing that.

A short while ago I realized the house went very quiet. When I'm usuing
the computer Buffy is usually on her crackle sack or the cat cradle if
she's not in my lap.

No sign of her. So I went looking. The first place I looked was the
bedroom. Because, well, that's where the food & water dishes are. I
flipped on the light switch and there she was sitting on the bed just as
pretty as you please. A check a while later found her curled up on the
bed having a nap.

I've never seen her get up on the bed unless I'm about to get into it.

Hi Buffy! Feeling right at home, are you?

She's finally figuring out this is her house, too. I love it.

Jill

Who's comfy now? (another Buffy pic) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 17 June 7th 15 01:44 PM
This can't be comfy Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 6 August 19th 06 05:33 AM
Comfy? Marina Cat anecdotes 11 October 12th 05 04:32 AM
Otis is comfy and Chester is not Susan M Cat anecdotes 13 March 30th 05 04:27 AM
Comfy Nikki Marina Cat anecdotes 10 November 22nd 03 11:55 PM