Laptop

Old December 8th 15, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Laptop

Although I like it, I will probably only use it to read rpca facebook, which
it is brilliant at. Otherwise I will use my old desktop(which is useless at
that) to read Usenet rpca and do emails. which I'm doing now. I like this
old machine more than my laptop :-)
Tweed

Old December 8th 15, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Although I like it, I will probably only use it to read rpca facebook, which
it is brilliant at. Otherwise I will use my old desktop(which is useless at
that) to read Usenet rpca and do emails. which I'm doing now. I like this
old machine more than my laptop :-)
Tweed

It takes time. I've been using a laptop instead of a desktop for many
years. It can do anything your desktop could do, just takes getting
used to. There will be a learning curve to configure it to do
everything the desktop did.

Jill
Old December 8th 15, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Although I like it, I will probably only use it to read rpca facebook,
which
it is brilliant at. Otherwise I will use my old desktop(which is useless
at
that) to read Usenet rpca and do emails. which I'm doing now. I like
this
old machine more than my laptop :-)
Tweed

It takes time. I've been using a laptop instead of a desktop for many
years. It can do anything your desktop could do, just takes getting used
to. There will be a learning curve to configure it to do everything the
desktop did.

Jill

My friend Simon will configure it for me, but he says get used to it first.
He doesn't want to put email etc on it because then they will be gone from
my desktop and he wants to be sure that's what I want.
ATM I I prefer to stay with desktop for Usenet and emails and use the laptop
for anything that needs to be updated. I hate the pad. I've bought a mouse
fot it.
Boyfie hates the laptop. He never minded the desktop but the laptop
interferes with the lap.

Old December 9th 15, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Although I like it, I will probably only use it to read rpca facebook,
which it is brilliant at. Otherwise I will use my old desktop(which is
useless at that) to read Usenet rpca and do emails. which I'm doing now.
I like this old machine more than my laptop :-)
Tweed

I'm staying with my PC desktop with XP.
I am careful going to the internet, but always was.
I use Outlook Express and newsgroups with in it on my deskop,
witth TWC (Time Warner Cable) bunched.
Never could use an online email program,
not enough options, like folders and flowers,
or deliver from this person highlighted in bright pink...et many cetras.
My hubby hburned his hard drivedisc on his laptop,
so had to get a new laptop that had Windows 10. Grrrr....
We managed to drag quite a few icons to desktop, though.
Even the new Word hides things from us.
Some things are hard to find, then hard again to remember where we found it
;-(

just noticed that even posting to this newsgroup brings up an email with
lots more entry lines than it did even yesterday!

Sylvia

Old December 9th 15, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Although I like it, I will probably only use it to read rpca facebook,
which it is brilliant at. Otherwise I will use my old desktop(which is
useless at that) to read Usenet rpca and do emails. which I'm doing now.
I like this old machine more than my laptop :-)
Tweed

I'm staying with my PC desktop with XP.

So am I; but the problem is that it can't update any more and
Is not able to keep up with how the internet is now,

I am careful going to the internet, but always was.
I use Outlook Express and newsgroups with in it on my deskop,
witth TWC (Time Warner Cable) bunched.
Never could use an online email program,
not enough options, like folders and flowers,
or deliver from this person highlighted in bright pink...et many cetras.
My hubby hburned his hard drivedisc on his laptop,
so had to get a new laptop that had Windows 10. Grrrr....
We managed to drag quite a few icons to desktop, though.
Even the new Word hides things from us.
Some things are hard to find, then hard again to remember where we found
it ;-(

just noticed that even posting to this newsgroup brings up an email with
lots more entry lines than it did even yesterday!

Sylvia

I loved XP, still speaking to you from it, but do remember that that every
windows program is designed to expire after a few years, so you have to buy
another. It's how they make their money. If you don't like the idea of
that, you have to buy a Mac. Which is a computer that costs up to a
thousand pounds and it's capable of doing a lot more than usual people want.
The good thing about a Mac is that you will never get a virus on it. My
German friend has one. Debbie has one but both need it for what they do.
For ordinary people to have a Mac, it's what i will call "overhorsed".
Anyone who has ridden a big horse that they cannot control will know what I
mean. It's too much for them and so is a Mac for usual folks.more than you
need.
I am slightly overhorsed by the laptop.

Old December 13th 15, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_5_]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

A Mac Mini starts at £399 in the long run they work out cheaper than
Windows PCs.

--
Adrian
Old December 13th 15, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 12/12/2015 4:55 PM, Adrian wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Yes, but if you've always had a PC you have to learn a lot of new stuff.
Some of us are old enough not to want to go through that.
Old December 14th 15, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Sylvia and P2nya" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message
[...]

Going from XP to Windows 10 is hard for us. So many things not where we are
used to finding it, even going to file to print. (I'm happily sitting at my
XP PC typing this. (-;

Old December 15th 15, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

they are not compatible with much either. Macs never get viruses and they
last for years, I will give you that. My German friend loves her Mac but
she uses it for more than I would need a computer for.

Old December 15th 15, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Not only that, but a Mac is capable of more than I need.
Tweed