Attic Cat Is Out

Old May 4th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
gfc

Default Attic Cat Is Out

Finally she came out but not by being trapped. This is what
happened: I was gone most of the afternoon and after I came home, I
checked the traps and they were empty. I went grocery shopping and
when I got home around 9:30, I sat at the computer and checked my
email. While I was sitting at my desk, I heard a meow. I turned
around and there she was on the floor about four feet away from me. I
had to stop for a minute and think whether I was seeing things, but
then I realized that she was THE cat. I only have one orange and
white cat and that was the one. So I went upstairs and found out that
the attic door was open again! We piled about 40 lbs in front of it
and I don't know how the cats can open that door. Now she is walking
around the house meowing and looking for a way out. It looks like
she's forgotten that this is the house where she lived for four
years. Hopefully, she'll settle down soon.
Needless to say, I am very relieved.
I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and support.
Gwen
Old May 4th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

Yeah! What a relief that she is out.

Hope she calms down soon. At least she's getting close to you.

Rhonda

Old May 4th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"gfc" wrote in message
[...]

YAY!!! So, as it turns, out, even though she was scared, she got over it
enough
to come out of the attic. You know, this seems really good, an indication
that she
is coming around to humans. I mean, she came out and talked to you, she did
not just
come out and hide downstairs. I hope you keep her, and keep her in. I don't
think she
has forgotten that this is her home, she is just getting over the trauma.

Old May 4th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

gfc wrote:
So I went upstairs and found out that
the attic door was open again! We piled about 40 lbs in front of it
and I don't know how the cats can open that door.

One of my cats can turn door knobs. He does it right in front of me to
show off. I'm afraid he will figure out the locks soon.

I'm glad everything worked out okay!

Old May 4th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On May 3, 10:40*pm, gfc wrote:
[...]

That's great news!

Candace
Old May 5th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
gfc

On May 4, 3:40*pm, Candace wrote:
On May 3, 10:40*pm, gfc wrote:

[...]

Candace- Hide quoted text -

Thank you to all of you who have given me advice and support.
Orangina thanks you too!

Gwen
Old May 5th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On May 4, 8:37*pm, gfc wrote:

Thank you to all of you who have given me advice and support.
Orangina thanks you too!

Gwen

"Orangina," cute name. I hope she somehow gets over her feral-ness so
she can have a happy life with you.

Candace

Old May 5th 08, 09:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Lover

On May 4, 8:56*am, Lynne wrote:
gfc wrote:
So I went upstairs and found out that
the attic door was open again! *We piled about 40 lbs in front of it
and I don't know how the cats can open that door.

One of my cats can turn door knobs. *He does it right in front of me to
show off. *I'm afraid he will figure out the locks soon.

I'm glad everything worked out okay!

Thats funny. I have a cat that likes to turn the knob to get back
inside, sometimes it scares me but usually I know its him and let him
in. take care, Judy
Old May 5th 08, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
. ..
I am so glad that she is finally out of the attic! What a relief!

S.

Yes, Sue, what a relief. The cat did exactly what I said she would do if
left alone, and there was no need for any panic, rescue groups, pulling up
floor boards etc. I am wondering how someone who lives with cats, and had
this particular cat in their house for four years, could have not known
that.

So the answer to the question I asked is, the thing to do was leave her
alone, leave the food downstairs and the attic door open and all would be
fine.

What a colossal waste of energy.

---