Caring about wild cats

Old October 30th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

Default Caring about wild cats

How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark

Old October 30th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:46:07 -0500, "Mark Earnest"
wrote:

How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark

Lots of info about outdoor cats he

http://www.alleycat.org
Old October 30th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...
How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they can
breed and make more cats that will suffer.

Old October 30th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...
How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
the dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
can breed and make more cats that will suffer.

It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that animals
in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no longer support
them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.

Old October 30th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

wrote:

How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all the
dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark

Lots of info about outdoor cats he

http://www.alleycat.org

Neat site, thank you.

Mark

Old October 31st 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"cybercat" wrote in message

[...]

I invited you to correct me. If all you can do is throw insults, you must
agree with me.

Old October 31st 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Mark Earnest exclaimed (10/30/2009 5:47 PM):
"cybercat" wrote in message
"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
netamerica...
How much do you have to pay to keep from feeding your cat
animal digest (ughh!)?

I am helping the neighborhood cats out right now...and there are a lot
of them...and I refuse to feed them animal manure as seem to be in all
the dry food I have come across!

Anyone know of any clean dry cat foods that don't cost too much, so I can
help out more wild neighborhood cats?

Mark, is there a trap, neuter, release program in your area? You are not
really helping the big picture if you are supporting these cats so they
can breed and make more cats that will suffer.

It is my current observation (correct me if this is not right) that animals
in the wild tend to multiply until their environment can no longer support
them. This has worked on Earth for millions of years.

Not really. What tends to happen is they overpopulate terribly, then
die off in droves from diseases caused and easily spread by
overpopulation and sickness when the food supply cannot support the
population.

The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
the wild equation out the window.

Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with cats.

jmc
Old October 31st 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Earnest

"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

I just can't see this. There are animals all over the world living just
fine
in their given environments. Especially protected animals, like our cats.

The availability of food from humans and around human habitation throws
the wild equation out the window.

Humans are just a part of the ecosystem to the cats.
Humans are just as likely to provide sustenance to the cat
as a totally wild environment.

Seen this in deer and rabbits, can't see it'd be any different with cats.

Cats are a *lot* smarter than deer and rabbits.
See how quickly they figure out just who to come up to, to ask
for a helping hand.

A group of them have already outsmarted me with their purrs
and tranquil eye gazes!

I firmly believe felines know how to judge the ecosystem before
getting it on with other felines.

Old October 31st 09, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

On Oct 30, 7:53*pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
"cybercat" wrote.

Right. Moron.

I invited you to correct me. *If all you can do is throw insults, you must
agree with me.

You're right that all she can do is throw insults.

WILD Halloween cats! Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 3 November 1st 08 10:03 PM
Stray Wild Cats DanaD Cats - misc 1 April 8th 07 01:16 AM
cats gone wild on the 'nip' yepp Cat anecdotes 3 May 13th 05 12:39 PM
If you like wild cats, don't miss this... Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 05 03:30 PM