Well... off to an interesting start

Old July 16th 10, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Well... off to an interesting start

I was driving to work this morning, down a busy street. A white German
Shepard is trying to cross the street.

I slow down and the silly thing steps out in front of me. I've already
slowed to a near stop, so no problem. Traffic behind me is also careful, so
no rear-enders either.

The dog puts its front paws on the hood, so I open the car door. The dog
scrambles in (across my lap - OUCH! - this dog needs a nail trim) and sits
down in the passenger seat, on top my computer bag.

I quickly pull out of traffic into a Kroger parking lot.

Bless owners who tag their pets! Lola (the dog's name) licked my face as I
read her tags. I called the number on the tag and apparently woke someone
up.

I asked, "Do you know your dog is out trying to cross MacArthur in busy
traffic?"

"Lola? You saw Lola?!"

"Yeah, she's sitting in my car. We're at the Kroger."

I gave him the location, and in 20 minutes, another red car, similar to my
little Escort, pulls into the parking lot. Lola wags her tail and paws at
the window to get out.

Seems she's been missing for three days.

Yay! Happy reunion, and I wasn't even late for work!

Hugs and Purrs and a couple of Woofs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 16th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 06:46:26 -0500, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

Wow, something nice to start the day for us also.
Old July 16th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Bless you, Mark! And bless the owners for bothering to tag (and hopefully
microchip) their dog! Thank goodness she was friendly, eh? You got a kiss
for helping her out

Jill

Old July 16th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 16 July, 12:46, Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

Bless you Mark for a lovely story- it's so nice to have a happy ending

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 16th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

You're a good man, Mark. :-)

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old July 16th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Good to hear something good for a change. Bless you for taking the time to
sort it out and not just shove the dog out the door.

Old July 16th 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

For some reason I did not see the original post from Mark, but this made my
day.

Tweed

Old July 16th 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Bless you for your good deed, and happy dance for Lola and her person
(people)!

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old July 16th 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

What a great story! You saved the day for Lola and made her human very
happy this morning. Me, too.

I wonder if she was keen to jump into your car because it resembled her
person's car?

Joyce

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old July 16th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Probably because of the car and I bet Mark has "sucker" written across his
forehead and the dog knew this human would help her.