BW--The Bane of Greeblings

Old November 8th 03, 04:41 AM
Karen

Default BW--The Bane of Greeblings

in article , CATherine at
wrote on 11/7/03 10:30 PM:

Robin has discovered that over the years, the older cats have gotten
lazy. In other words, greeblings have gotten out of hand!

They particularly like to hide under the scatter rugs by the stove and
in the hall. But one day they got careless and Robin spotted them. He
was meatloafing in the livingroom with a view of the rug by the stove.

All of a sudden he took a flying leap and landed in the middle of the
rug, which went twisting and sliding across the floor. But he didn't
care as he was busy slapping and kicking at greeblings under it.
Presently he had them subdued and he went back to the livingroom and
started a liesurely washup.

I straightened the rug and got myself busy with something. Pretty
soon, Robin took another flying leap to the rug, sliding across the
room again. Then I watched his technique of greebling control.

He would land on one at a time on his tippy-toes with claws extended,
and do a dance with all four feet on the little greebling! The rug
would get ruffled during this process and the greebling would run
under the ruffle and Robin would bounce over to the new hidey spot and
snatch and kick the rug and what was under it.

This process goes on everyday. I am kept constantly busy straightening
out the rugs. But at least I can rest assured the greeblings are under
control. Although once in awhile, one tries to crawl into my bedroom
booties while I am wearing them. Robin to the rescue! After the first
time, he learned not to use his claws on bootie greeblings. G

CATherine

LOL! My mom's two boys regularly moved the runner in the hall two feet,
which she then moves back and they do it again. And again. Great fun.

Karen

Old November 8th 03, 05:51 AM
Marina

"CATherine" wrote
Robin has discovered that over the years, the older cats have gotten
lazy. In other words, greeblings have gotten out of hand!

ROFL! What a good cat Robin is! I suspect that my cats have gotten lazy, as
well, since they hardly ever chase greeblings nowadays. The flat is probaböy
infested with the vermin. I should bring in a younger, more alert cat.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 9th 03, 06:01 AM
Marina

"CATherine" wrote

I wonder how Frank and Nikki would react to a youngster.

So do I, and I'm really tempted, now that I have a larger flat. Frank is
usually friendly towards new cats, and Nikki has mellowed a bit in her old
age. She doesn't get the terrible hissy fits she used to when she meets a
new cat, but she doesn't like anyone else than Frank.

The biggest problem would be getting them out to the island. I can carry two
cats in one big Sherpa bag, but three is too many to fit into one, and with
my shoulder problems, carrying the two is challenging enough. So I don't
think there will be a new kitten in the household in the near future.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 9th 03, 02:09 PM
Adrian

CATherine wrote:
[...]

Where would we be without cats to protect us from the greeblings?
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 12th 03, 12:18 PM
Adrian

CATherine wrote:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:09:02 -0000, "Adrian" wrote:

CATherine wrote:
Robin has discovered that over the years, the older cats have gotten
lazy. In other words, greeblings have gotten out of hand!

Where would we be without cats to protect us from the greeblings?

In greebling land? :-))

LOL