Is Salmonella in "Corn" Kitty Litter?

Old April 19th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
harry

Default Is Salmonella in "Corn" Kitty Litter?

Hello,

I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
when wet.

Truly

Truth will set you free John 8:32
Old April 19th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"harry" wrote in message
Hello,

I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
when wet.

What does your vet say?

Old April 19th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
harry

On Apr 19, 10:50*am, "cybercat" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

Hello,

I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
when wet.

What does your vet say?

Hello,

First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
is Salmonella in the kitty litter, as itis a Government problem; a
community problem/a public problem, an Arm and Hammer problem. Here in
the Internet (you must be new to the Information highway) we try to
solve problems that Vets cannot and willnot. Where is your community
spirit anyway? This is the web and youare in the wrong place for that
rude statement . . . i think maybe i donot like you . . . further
mo been there, done that . . . more than once; more than twice,
more than three times . . . One more thing, Bubba, donot make me mad
or i will tell everyone the truth about what you and your ilk
are . . .

Old April 19th 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

The freak "harry" wrote in message
Hello,

First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
is Salmonella in the kitty litter, as itis a Government problem; a
community problem/a public problem, an Arm and Hammer problem. [blah blah
blah}
Truth will set you free John 8:32

So you have a dead kitten and nobody every saw a vet?

Old April 19th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"harry" snipped

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Than you must be a lying POS than

Old April 19th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"harry" wrote in message

Hello,

I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
when wet.

What does your vet say?

Hello,

First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
is Salmonella in the kitty litter,

It certainly *is* a problem that requires a vet. The symptoms of
salmonellosis and panleukopenia are almost indistinguishable. You'll never
know if the kittens died of salmonellosis or panleukopenia- which is *far*
more likely- without bacterial cultures of rectal swabs or fecal samples
and/or blood cultures. Bring a sample of fresh litter to your vet so he can
culture the litter in the *highly* unlikely event the kittens died of
salmonellosis from contaminated litter.

Phil

Old April 20th 09, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

I tried the new Arm and Hammer kitty litter. It's light weight (easy to
carry), is a different color and texture and smells very different from the
regular kitty litter. I put it next to the regular kitty litter. The cats
wouldn't go near the new stuff. Whoever invented it does not know cats!

Barb

Old April 20th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S.Smith

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

First of all, for all that is sacred, change the litter brand before you
have zero kittens.
Paloma's Mom