More Miles Feline news...

Old November 30th 03, 11:08 PM
Helen Miles

Default More Miles Feline news...

Hi Folks,

Haven't been around in a while, things have been horribly busy and
hectic, but now I'm BACK! Mwhahaha!

Feline News.... Well.....THE FLIGHTS HOME ARE BOOKED!!! HRFL Tiger and
Pandora are flying out of the USA and will be arriving in the UK without
having to do quarantine on 8th Januray!!! WOOHOO!!!! HaPpY DaNcE! They
will be going into a friends cattery in London overnight to recover from
the transatlantic journey, and travelling up to Edinburgh with me the
next day. My vet is meeting us all at Heathrow when we land, to check us
through customs & sort us out at the Heathrow animal reception &
quarantine center. I am SOOOOO happy that they'll be coming back with me
after Xmas ). It's been a very long 18 months.

We have had all sorts of panic over the rabies protocols and feline
passports, but the USDA have finally (knock on wood) got everything in
order after 4 months. I have never seen so many bits of paper in my life
- even when I took 13 Margays to BElize!

What else? The d*g has settled well - she'll be in for one hell of a
shock when himself (HRFL Tiger) arrives - he's a known d*g hater and
doesn't hesitate to tell them who is "da boss". (I'm sure he was a mafia
godfather in a previous life).

Robbie has elected to stay in the USA with my father. The pair of them
are inseperable - to the extent my father makes Robbie marmite on toast
every morning for breakfast. For a cat who was so utterly terrified of
men, and had so many issues with people when he came into the house 4
years ago, he is now unrecognisable as the same cat. He is cheerful and
out-going and loves being the center of attention . I'm sorry not to
have him in the UK, but ultimately we had to make the best decision for
him - and that was staying with dad.

But I'm happy - the kids are coming home!!

Helen M

Old December 1st 03, 12:30 AM
Victor Martinez

Helen Miles wrote:
Feline News.... Well.....THE FLIGHTS HOME ARE BOOKED!!! HRFL Tiger and
Pandora are flying out of the USA and will be arriving in the UK without
having to do quarantine on 8th Januray!!! WOOHOO!!!! HaPpY DaNcE! They

That is great news! I look forward to reading again about the adventures
of HRFL Tiger...

Ewww... marmite... Robbie likes it? Must be a british thing...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 1st 03, 03:13 AM
Christine Burel

Super news, Helen! Really good to hear from you, too!
Christine
news:13659617504a817b2b05d09962fd4726.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old December 1st 03, 03:15 AM
lrulan

GReat news, Helen. Please let us know how the furkids make it through the
journey. Are you planning to stay in Scotland? Much hugs and well wishes.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old December 1st 03, 05:05 AM
Marina

"Helen Miles" wrote

But I'm happy - the kids are coming home!!

Yay! Finally! I'm so happy for you. D*ggie, look out!

Purrs for the trips to go well.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 1st 03, 08:09 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

This is good news!

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 1st 03, 08:44 AM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:13659617504a817b2b05d09962fd4726.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Hi Folks,

Haven't been around in a while, things have been horribly busy and
hectic, but now I'm BACK! Mwhahaha!

Feline News.... Well.....THE FLIGHTS HOME ARE BOOKED!!! HRFL Tiger and
Pandora are flying out of the USA and will be arriving in the UK without
having to do quarantine on 8th Januray!!!

snip

But I'm happy - the kids are coming home!!

Helen M

I'm happy too You are welcome to stop off for a break at my place if you
want to.

Jeanette

Old December 1st 03, 10:55 AM
badwilson

That's great news! I can see why you're so excited :-) Do you know if they
are planning on having this pet passport for Australia too sometime? Would
be great if it got instated in the next 3 years or so.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 1st 03, 02:27 PM
Helen Miles

Astralia is already part of the pet passport scheme, but the Pet
Passport scheme only applies to certain countries that are members of
it. I think that Vino, coming from Thailand would still have to do
quarantine, however - if you took him back to the USA for 6 months and
sorted his passport there, THEN took him to AUS from USA you'd be OK.

Helen M

Old December 1st 03, 06:13 PM
SUQKRT

In article lgate.org, "Helen
Miles" wrote:

But I'm happy - the kids are coming home!!

Helen M

I'm glad you'll finally be reunited.

Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette