A new friend

Old April 17th 04, 02:27 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default A new friend

A new friend

Saturday, 17 April 2004

This morning was yet another gloriously sunny Spring morning in deepest rural
Norfolk. So once again I nagged, encouraged, Vernon and Nathan that we really
should make the most of the pleasant weather to go for a short jaunt on the
bikes. I got Vernon to raise the saddle on Luigi for me, as yesterday I found
it a tad low. Saddle adjusted, we set off, for a pootle. Nathan sped off for a
fast pootle, Vernon an intermediate pootle and yours truly a slow pootle.

Riding Luigi is really comfortable now I have the saddle to the correct height.
That, combined with birdsong in the air and lambs in the fields, made for a
lovely jaunt. Almost back home, in the neighbouring village of Beeston, is a
small corner shop with post office. This has now become a stopping place as
outside the shop I noticed something new; a table, chairs and parasol for
shade. A new coffee stop! Vernon, Nathan and I were the very first customers.
One must support local businesses, even though home is only a few minutes away
;-) Vernon and I shared a cafetiere of strong, freshly brewed coffee whilst
Nathan had a glass of cola. I then found I had a new friend. Along came a
little tabby. She meowed, she purred, and she head-butted my shins and blinked
her lovely green eyes at me whilst twitching her white whiskers. So I gave her
an ear-scritch, purred and chirruped back at her. I then got the feline
wide-eyed look of "Good grief, it speaks cat!" which was followed by her giving
me even more head-butts with even louder purrs. This, in turn, led to me giving
her even more ear-scritches. If I stopped for a second, I was reminded that I
should continue by her giving a little meow and putting her head in my hand.
The she decided she was going to inspect me closely and jumped up. A cuddle
resulted where I was the recipient of multitudinous feline nose-touches and
head-rubs on my cheek. The cat is owned by the people who have the shop and
she's a rescue cat named "Torville". She is a sweet-natured little thing and I
think I've made a new friend. Torville is very good PR for her humans' coffee
shop :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 17th 04, 08:02 PM
Yoj

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message ...
[...]

What a lovely bonus added to a nice ride!

Joy

Old April 17th 04, 11:00 PM

...The cat is owned by the people who have the shop and
she's a rescue cat named "Torville". She is a sweet-natured little
thing and I think I've made a new friend. Torville is very good PR
for her humans' coffee shop :-)

I'll say! I love to stop in bookstores and other places when there's
a friendly cat on the premises. (Or even a not-so-friendly cat. )
She sounds like a winner. And she'd obviously hit the jackpot with a
cat-lover like you.

Joyce

Old April 18th 04, 12:32 AM
Christine Burel

Awwww, so sweet!
Christine
[...]

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched

off--

Old April 18th 04, 12:10 PM
Jeanette

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote in
message ...
A new friend

. Torville is very good PR for her humans' coffee
shop :-)

Cheers, helen s

Cats ARE good for business. She sounds lovely.