VH-1 Promos

Old August 23rd 03, 03:30 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default VH-1 Promos

I haven't watched VH-1 for a long time until this evening, so I have
no idea how old these are... Has anyone seen the "kitty" promos
they're running?

One of them has animated kitties dressed up as Joan Jett and her band
singing "I Love Rock 'n' Roll". Another has the animated kitties
dressed up as the Ramones (and fans) performing "Blitzkrieg Bop"

Funny!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Anime/Manga Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/anime ***
Old August 23rd 03, 05:22 AM
Hopitus2

As one whose last "animated kitty" enthrallment - ongoing - is with the
Viking Kittens of rathergood.com, I would love to watch what you speak
of....*but* all I seem to see on VH-1 is those "I Love the 70's" ongoing
stuff, which although amusing if you did "live through" the 70's, is so
"non-stop" I had finally to change channels from sheer boredom after viewing
about 4 years' worth of nostalgic goings-on! Were these kitties on tonight?

:

Old August 23rd 03, 02:57 PM
Stacey

Ahh.. Hop... they ARE the viking kittens, I believe, less the viking
costumes... it's DURING the 70's promos

Stacey

Old August 23rd 03, 04:48 PM
bewtifulfreak

Hopitus2 wrote:
As one whose last "animated kitty" enthrallment - ongoing - is with
the Viking Kittens of rathergood.com

LOL....oh, no, those are great, as are all the others! I'd only ever seen
the punk kitties....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 23rd 03, 09:28 PM
Hopitus2

Sorry I missed them! "Bam-ba-bam-ba-bam, bam-ba-bam-ba-bam, I wanna be
sedated!"
long-time Ramones groupie here thanks you for the clarification.( RIP Joey
R.) If anyone wants to check out the Viking Kittens in various genres:
www.rathergood.com but be warned: the website is *not* for the kiddies,
folks.

"Stacey" wrote in message
: Ahh.. Hop... they ARE the viking kittens, I believe, less the viking
: costumes... it's DURING the 70's promos
:
: Stacey
: "Hopitus2" wrote in message
: ...
: As one whose last "animated kitty" enthrallment - ongoing - is with the
: Viking Kittens of rathergood.com, I would love to watch what you speak
: of....*but* all I seem to see on VH-1 is those "I Love the 70's" ongoing
: stuff, which although amusing if you did "live through" the 70's, is so
: "non-stop" I had finally to change channels from sheer boredom after
: viewing
: about 4 years' worth of nostalgic goings-on! Were these kitties on
: tonight?
:
:
: "Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
: ...
: : I haven't watched VH-1 for a long time until this evening, so I have
: : no idea how old these are... Has anyone seen the "kitty" promos
: : they're running?
: :

Old August 24th 03, 04:31 AM
Hopitus2

Thanks for the url....it had everything but the Ramones clip and BTW: they
*are* the Viking Kittens with new props and songs; I liked the Snoop Dogg,
too, bleeps and all.

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
: I don't know if they're the viking kittens, but it's the same style.
: You can see some of the VH-1 kitties at
:
: http://www.vh1.com/shows/hot_spots/
:
: Culture Club Kitties ("Karma Chameleon"), Snoop Dogg Kitties ("Who Am
: I (What's My Name)?"), Iron Maiden Kitties ("Run to the Hills"), and
: Fischerspooner Kitties ("Emerge") are represented there. Wish I could
: find the Joan Jett and Ramones kitties (all of these are only 30
: second clips)
:
: Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha
:
:
:
: On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:57:35 GMT, "Stacey"
: wrote:
:
: Ahh.. Hop... they ARE the viking kittens, I believe, less the viking
: costumes... it's DURING the 70's promos
:
: Stacey
: ...

Old August 24th 03, 06:38 AM
TJ and The Dust

Oh, thanks for that link. I have searched VH-1's site on and off for them for
months. I think they may have just put those up for the public 'cause I
searched my heart out. Now I can send them on to my friend who doesn't have
cable and has never seen these. She loves the White Stripes one!

TJ

Old August 24th 03, 05:19 PM
Victor M. Martinez

I finally saw them, they're awesome! Pretty much like the viking kittens too.
I was annoyed today though, when I saw they were showing the 1971 show. I
assumed next up would be 1972, the best year of that particular decade, if
you ask me...
But NO! They SKIPPED to 1973!!!???? What gives???

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 24th 03, 06:53 PM
Hopitus2

Victor, the first one I saw re the "I Love the 70's" series *was* 1972! It
was pretty good; you have plenty to do with those kittens, etc. and less
time to veg out at the tv - it requires hours of watching to catch any given
year.....keep on lookin'.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
: I finally saw them, they're awesome! Pretty much like the viking kittens
too.
: I was annoyed today though, when I saw they were showing the 1971 show. I
: assumed next up would be 1972, the best year of that particular decade, if
: you ask me...
: But NO! They SKIPPED to 1973!!!???? What gives???
:
: --
: Victor M. Martinez
: