Sam chillin' tonight

Old July 31st 13, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Sam chillin' tonight

He really has no fear. I don't like that he sleeps literally all day
but I should have gotten the hint when his previous people told me he
comes out for some attention at around 9pm like clockwork. So this is
not new behavior. I'm hoping some of it might have been boredom related
since he only had a dog to interact with. My other cats sleep all day
too, but they wake up and want attention around 5pm.

http://i44.tinypic.com/211qu4z.jpg

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old July 31st 13, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/30/2013 10:32 PM, Cheryl wrote:
He really has no fear. I don't like that he sleeps literally all day
but I should have gotten the hint when his previous people told me he
comes out for some attention at around 9pm like clockwork. So this is
not new behavior. I'm hoping some of it might have been boredom related
since he only had a dog to interact with. My other cats sleep all day
too, but they wake up and want attention around 5pm.

http://i44.tinypic.com/211qu4z.jpg

Oh, and yes, that's Rhett on the chair to the right. And yes, those are
socks on the dining table set on my hardwood floor. lol

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old July 31st 13, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/30/2013 10:32 PM, Cheryl wrote:
He really has no fear. I don't like that he sleeps literally all day
but I should have gotten the hint when his previous people told me he
comes out for some attention at around 9pm like clockwork. So this is
not new behavior. I'm hoping some of it might have been boredom related
since he only had a dog to interact with. My other cats sleep all day
too, but they wake up and want attention around 5pm.

http://i44.tinypic.com/211qu4z.jpg

Wow! Sam is one big beautiful gorgeous cat!

Jill
Old July 31st 13, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Cheryl wrote:
On 7/30/2013 10:32 PM, Cheryl wrote:
He really has no fear. I don't like that he sleeps literally all day
but I should have gotten the hint when his previous people told me he
comes out for some attention at around 9pm like clockwork. So this is
not new behavior. I'm hoping some of it might have been boredom related
since he only had a dog to interact with. My other cats sleep all day
too, but they wake up and want attention around 5pm.
http://i44.tinypic.com/211qu4z.jpg

Oh, and yes, that's Rhett on the chair to the right. And yes, those are
socks on the dining table set on my hardwood floor. lol

Your house seems to be turning into a B. Kliban cartoon. And I'm sure
he could have done something with the idea of furniture growing paws.

Old July 31st 13, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jack Campin wrote:

Your house seems to be turning into a B. Kliban cartoon. And I'm sure
he could have done something with the idea of furniture growing paws.

Some antique furniture already HAS paws! (Or at least claws, clasped
around a ball.)
Old August 1st 13, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/31/2013 4:27 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

He's lovely. What a good idea with the socks.

He is lovely! And, the socks are those that are made for furniture
feet, not human feet. They slide nicely on the floor without
scratching, yet not slide so much that you'd worry about the chair
sliding out from under you when you sit down. Great, cheap invention.

I think that he's routine will change as he begins to fit in with every
one else's. He'll want his share of attention when the others are getting
some.

I hope so. I just want him to be happy. I'm giving him as much time as
he needs and I'm glad that everyone here seems to understand that the
guest room is his safe spot even with the door open. For now I mostly
have to go in that room to give him lovins and attention. And that boy
just loves canned cat food. He eats every bit of it in one sitting.
I'm only giving him a couple of spoonfuls at a time while transitioning
the dry food to CA Natural. I wouldn't be surprised if he could be
transitioned to just canned food only, and that's the plan but not too
much change all at once.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 4th 13, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/31/2013 3:58 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:

Your house seems to be turning into a B. Kliban cartoon. And I'm sure
he could have done something with the idea of furniture growing paws.

Some antique furniture already HAS paws! (Or at least claws, clasped
around a ball.)

Claw & ball feet is a signature of Chippendale furniture. Quite expensive!

Jill
Old August 4th 13, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
b.com...
He really has no fear. I don't like that he sleeps literally all day but
I should have gotten the hint when his previous people told me he comes
out for some attention at around 9pm like clockwork. So this is not new
behavior. I'm hoping some of it might have been boredom related since he
only had a dog to interact with. My other cats sleep all day too, but
they wake up and want attention around 5pm.

http://i44.tinypic.com/211qu4z.jpg

Wow - what a gorgeous boy, and isn't he huge? !!
He's a stunner.

Tweed

Old August 4th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
b.com...
He really has no fear. I don't like that he sleeps literally all day but
I should have gotten the hint when his previous people told me he comes
out for some attention at around 9pm like clockwork. So this is not new
behavior. I'm hoping some of it might have been boredom related since he
only had a dog to interact with. My other cats sleep all day too, but
they wake up and want attention around 5pm.

http://i44.tinypic.com/211qu4z.jpg

Wow - what a gorgeous boy, and isn't he huge? !!
He's a stunner.

Tweed

Maine Coons are known for their spectacular size and their fur.
Beautiful cats. I'm glad he's fitting in so well.

Jill
Old August 4th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Wow - what a gorgeous boy, and isn't he huge? !!
He's a stunner.

Tweed

Maine Coons are known for their spectacular size and their fur. Beautiful
cats. I'm glad he's fitting in so well.

Jill

Maine Coons are not common over here. If I wanted to buy one, they'd be a
whole lot of money, as would all pure bred cats. I'm surprised also that
another USA poster has found a Siamese at the side of the road.

Even a domestic shorthair moggie kitten, if you want to buy one rather than
go to a shelter will cost you £30. The shelters will charge you a similar
amount to adopt one. Even the RSPCA who will put older cats down if they
are crowded, they are the only kill shelter I know here (and that's only one
of the reasons I would never support them with a donation.)
They promote themselves on the TV all the time though, but although they do
good work in some cases, my dog Trim was one day away from the needle when I
adopted her.
I can't say she was an easy dog at first, but what rescue dog or cat is?
Eventually she became a lovely dog with training and kindness and I had to
let her go at 14 with liver cancer. I have a picture of her up on the wall
of my living room.
I remember how she broke into my fridge and ate absolutely everything in it.
Everything..bacon, cheese, lard, butter, margarine, milk plus more. She did
of course vomit it everywhere.
She also broke into my food cupboards and opened the tins. Not the peaches
and fruit tins of course, only the meaty ones..
And how she did that I will never know.
Anyway her history was she was running wild and found herself a shed in
someone's garden to live in at night quite near the centre of a big city
near me. Unfortunately she got hit by a car and was reported by someone,
but it wasn't so unfortunate as I adopted her. One day before her time was
up.

It might be different now. Maybe they allow strays a long time?

Anyway, I soon found out why her previous owners didn't want her and that is
often the case with shelter animals. What I can't excuse is them abandoning
her in the heart of a big town maybe they hoped she'd be killed by traffic?
well she nearly was, not only by the car but by the RSPCA.
Yes, she was a horrible thief and no food was safe from her, but I don't
know whether that was a result of being abandoned or whether she was always
like that and she got abandoned because of it.
I have a photo of her somewhere which I will scan and put on my Flickr page
if I can find it. If I can't, imagine a dog that looks like an Irish
wolfhound but smaller.
I still miss her. Once we'd got the fridge with a nail drilled into the top
in it to prevent her opening it and put suitcase latches on the food
cupboards, we got on fine.
TBH, she never got over being hungry and I could never trust her around
food.
She went missing from the garden one day (out for a wee) and I took my eyes
off her. Gone.
I spent hours looking for her and when I found her she'd been dustbin
hunting and her tummy was massive. I used something to make her vomit and
up came elastic from chicken/turkey carcases, it was just after Christmas,
glad that came up, eh?
I can say that Trim was one of the most challenging dogs I ever had, but I
never regretted the time to get her right.
She became obedient with training and would protect me with her life, but I
never could trust her around food. Not surprising.

Tweed

Chillin' With Friends CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 January 3rd 08 10:32 PM
Chillin' With Friends CatNipped[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 2 December 28th 07 03:46 PM
Tonight Pat Cat anecdotes 0 December 14th 06 05:02 AM
Hi all. Just chillin and hope you are all fine. Sandra Cat anecdotes 0 November 13th 05 05:16 PM
Ha! We set them up tonight ensoul Cat health & behaviour 0 September 8th 05 02:59 AM