Pictures of Selina

Old August 13th 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Pictures of Selina

Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here if
you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

The close-up view is lighter in the picture than in reality, but I like the
view of her eyes. Depending on the light, they are sometimes yellow and
sometimes light green.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then select an
album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow Bridge album.

MaryL

Old August 13th 13, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/13/2013 2:41 PM, MaryL wrote:
Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here
if you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

The close-up view is lighter in the picture than in reality, but I like
the view of her eyes. Depending on the light, they are sometimes yellow
and sometimes light green.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then
select an album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow
Bridge album.

MaryL

Selina is gorgeous! Her fur looks slightly longer than Persia's. But
Persia has that same little spotted catnip mousie!

I hope the integration goes smoothly. It sounds like things will work
out just fine.

Jill
Old August 13th 13, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 8/13/2013 2:41 PM, MaryL wrote:
Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here
if you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

The close-up view is lighter in the picture than in reality, but I like
the view of her eyes. Depending on the light, they are sometimes yellow
and sometimes light green.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then
select an album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow
Bridge album.

MaryL

Selina is gorgeous! Her fur looks slightly longer than Persia's. But
Persia has that same little spotted catnip mousie!

I hope the integration goes smoothly. It sounds like things will work
out just fine.

Jill

~~~~~~
I think they are cousins! And, yes, the integration has gone smoothly.
Selina now has the full run of the house, and she has learned how to lead me
around. Duffy and Selina are not buddy-buddy (and I would not expect it so
soon), but they get along very well. No problems at all.

MaryL

Old August 13th 13, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/13/2013 3:03 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

They could be cousins.

It sounds to me like they'll be buddies soon. Do you think Selina knows
Duffy can't see? Duffy seems to do everything a sighted cat can, and
then some! But there might be some instinctual recognition that he's a
little different. Or maybe they'll have a kitty-chat about it.

Jill
Old August 13th 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

It sounds to me like they'll be buddies soon. Do you think Selina knows
Duffy can't see? Duffy seems to do everything a sighted cat can, and
then some! But there might be some instinctual recognition that he's a
little different. Or maybe they'll have a kitty-chat about it.

Jill

~~~~~~
I have often wondered about that. I even wondered if Duffy's blindness
meant anything to Holly. They were together for years, but Duffy does just
about everything that a sighted cat can do except leap from one ledge to
another. He loves to climb and is fearless about jumping to familiar
places, but he can't see where he's landing, so he does not try to jump to
unfamiliar places. For example, Holly used to jump to the fireplace mantel
and to the top of tall bookcases, but Duffy doesn't try that. On the other
hand, he will feel his way around by reaching out to things to see "what's
there." So, back to your question, I don't know how to interpret my cats'
thoughts to determine if they are aware of another cat's blindness. I have
heard of cats and dogs acting as "seeing eye" companions for another animal,
but Duffy has never needed that.

MaryL

Old August 13th 13, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:41:00 -0500, MaryL wrote:

Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here
if you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

The close-up view is lighter in the picture than in reality, but I like
the view of her eyes. Depending on the light, they are sometimes yellow
and sometimes light green.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then
select an album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow
Bridge album.

MaryL

She feels "right at home"!
She is a lovely little girl. Congratulations to you, Duffy and Selina.
MLB
Old August 14th 13, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/13/2013 2:41 PM, MaryL wrote:

Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here
if you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

The close-up view is lighter in the picture than in reality, but I like
the view of her eyes. Depending on the light, they are sometimes yellow
and sometimes light green.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then
select an album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow
Bridge album.

MaryL

Oh, she's beautiful! I see her getting out a little because she's on the
couch. Great! and she looks so relaxed there.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 14th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 8/13/2013 2:41 PM, MaryL wrote:

Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here
if you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

The close-up view is lighter in the picture than in reality, but I like
the view of her eyes. Depending on the light, they are sometimes yellow
and sometimes light green.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then
select an album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow
Bridge album.

MaryL

Oh, she's beautiful! I see her getting out a little because she's on the
couch. Great! and she looks so relaxed there.

~~~~~~

Yes, she's getting out and around now. She spends most of her time with me
or relaxing in various areas around the house. She and Duffy are getting
along fine. Right now, she's crawling around the computer hutch while I
type. I had a visitor awhile ago, and Selina went right to her for
attention.

MaryL

Old August 14th 13, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/13/2013 10:08 PM, MaryL wrote:

Yes, she's getting out and around now. She spends most of her time with
me or relaxing in various areas around the house. She and Duffy are
getting along fine. Right now, she's crawling around the computer hutch
while I type. I had a visitor awhile ago, and Selina went right to her
for attention.

I'm happy to read this. She is a lucky kitty to be slave and co-slave
to you along with Duffy.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 14th 13, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

Selina now has a photo album with just a few pictures. Please go here if
you would like to look at them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24419867

What a pretty girl! And it's great that she's so confident and trusting.
She must be really happy to be settling into a nice place with a doting
human and friendly cat. Congrats to all of you.

You can view additional albums if you click on "homepage" and then select an
album. I have added two of Holly's pictures to the Rainbow Bridge album.

She was such a lovely black kitty.

--
Joyce

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
-- Paula Poundstone

Life with Selina MaryL[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 August 16th 13 03:39 AM
PICTURES!!!!! CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 11 June 27th 07 12:30 AM
Pictures of BK Marina Cat anecdotes 0 December 1st 06 06:42 AM
cat pictures [email protected] Cats - misc 10 November 19th 03 11:41 PM
pictures *~*SooZy*~* Cats - misc 1 July 11th 03 07:48 PM