Treacle's story

Old March 31st 14, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Niel H

Default Treacle's story

Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty 10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

http://treacle.moonfruit.com

--

Cheers
Niel H

Old March 31st 14, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matsav

Awww. Thank you Niel.

--
MatSav

Old March 31st 14, 08:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Niel H

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:06:23 +0100, "Niel H" wrote:

Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty
10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's
the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

If you REALLY loved her, you'd find her real name, and it's CLEARLY
NOT 'treacle'!

Oh look, I've found the group's resident troll already.

Old March 31st 14, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/31/2014 3:06 AM, Niel H wrote:
Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty 10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

http://treacle.moonfruit.com

Thank you for taking her in.

Jill
Old March 31st 14, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:06:23 +0100, "Niel H" wrote:

Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty 10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

http://treacle.moonfruit.com

Cute. I can't understand how someone can move and leave their cat
behind.
Old March 31st 14, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/31/2014 9:51 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:06:23 +0100, "Niel H" wrote:

Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty 10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

http://treacle.moonfruit.com

Cute. I can't understand how someone can move and leave their cat
behind.

I don't understand it either. I think that's what happened to Persia.
When she showed up at the back door of my apartment (2001) demanding to
be let inside, I tried to find out where she came from. I put up
posters. I called all the area vets and shelters. No luck. I called
the apartment manager. She said, sadly, some people just move away and
don't take their pets. Absolutely mind boggling!

I took her to a vet. The first thing they did was look for a microchip.
Nope. (She's chipped now. IMPORTANT: if you move, contact the chip
company so they can update their database!) She had been spayed and
front-declawed (I did NOT declaw her!) so she'd obviously been someone's
pet.

Oh well, their loss was my gain. They missed out on this wonderful,
sweet, snuggly, loving cat with fur as soft as a bunny.

http://tinypic.com/m/i4ps9i/4

Jill
Old March 31st 14, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

dgk wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:06:23 +0100, "Niel H" wrote:

Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty 10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

http://treacle.moonfruit.com

Cute. I can't understand how someone can move and leave their cat
behind.

Unfortunately it happens all the time! My Cendrillon was abandoned in
an apartment with no outdoor access, when a California neighbor moved.
A friend of mine lives in a resort area of Northern Minnesota, and every
fall she finds herself with the task finding homes for a bunch of
abandoned cats. Some of the summer people get them for their kids to
play with during the summer, then abandon them in the woods when they
return to the cities in the fall. Unfortunately, although hunting may
be instinctive to cats, how to kill and consume their prey must be
taught by the mother cat.
Old March 31st 14, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 3/31/2014 6:51 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:06:23 +0100, "Niel H" wrote:

Treacle came to me as a heavily pregnant, terrified & abused foster kitty 10
months ago from the local shelter.....now she's decided to stay. Here's the
story of how she re-found her trust in at least one human again from her
point of view.

http://treacle.moonfruit.com

Cute. I can't understand how someone can move and leave their cat
behind.

I can't either, but that's how I got my heart cat, Nanki-Poo (RB).

Joy

cat story foo Cat health & behaviour 0 June 26th 06 02:32 PM
my story bob Cats - misc 0 October 8th 05 10:39 AM
my story bob Cat community 0 October 8th 05 10:37 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM
I Have a Story... Sherry Cat anecdotes 9 March 29th 04 05:19 PM