Cross-posting: Here she goes again

Old July 17th 05, 11:34 AM
Charlie Wilkes

Default Cross-posting: Here she goes again

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 05:08:26 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Someone (MARY) has some serious mental health issues.

???

Jill, we would like to reach out to you in a positive way, but you
slam the doors.

This snippet was
copy/pasted from here, cross posted to rec.food.cooking and rpca by our
beloved (yet again) Mary:

Right. She cross-posted it because it's commentary from cat fanciers
who share an interest in regional food. Now, how many food
enthusiasts are also cat fanciers? Probably there are some. Why not
welcome the possibility of new participants in your stagnant,
self-absorbed newsgroup?

I'm afraid Dan has brainwashed you with his happy horse****. I'll bet
he's had your pants off, too, in the back seat of whatever car he is
living out of these days.

Charlie

Mary wrote:

"W. Leong" wrote in message
m...

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:24:44 GMT, Kitkat
wrote:

Nan wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:33:23 GMT, tanada wrote:

This is aimed mainly at us Merkins, but I think we'd all find it
interesting and if the answer to a question about your home country,

or

one you know about is wrong, you can let us know.

Pam S.

http://tinyurl.com/cocqz

I got 9 out of 11. I'm ready to travel.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan

I got 8/11 and am also ready to travel. I'm embarrassed to admit that I
got the one about Spain wrong and I am a Spanish teacher. LOL.

There is a steakhouse chain (a chain of informal restaurants
specializing in beef dishes, particularly steaks) here in the USA,
called Logan's Roadhouse, that places a tin bucket of peanuts on each
table as an appetizer. You are expected to drop the shells onto the
floor, and they sweep the shells up at closing time each night. I
haven't seen that custom at any other restaurant chain; perhaps
someone got the idea from a trip to Spain?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Oh yes I remember there was such a roadhouse across from work many years.
We used to like to go over at lunch or after work
and eat the peanuts while waiting for our orders.
The restaurant has sinced changed many hands .Don't think it was Logan
though. I haven't seen any Logan here in Ontario, if not in
Canada.

Hushpuppies are served in lots of southern places before meals.

In 48 years of eating in Southern places I've never been served a
hushpuppy before a meal.
I'm interested...Where are these places?

Bubba

Old July 17th 05, 01:36 PM
whitershadeofpale

"Charlie Wilkes"

Why not
welcome the possibility of new participants in your stagnant,
self-absorbed newsgroup?

Charlie, Jill has already submitted to me. I controlled her by her anger.

I'm afraid Dan has brainwashed you with his happy horse****. I'll bet
he's had your pants off, too, in the back seat of whatever car he is
living out of these days.

Hey! Her shirt too!

Old July 17th 05, 03:17 PM
Philip

In ,
Charlie Wilkes stated unanimously:
wrote:

Someone (MARY) has some serious mental health issues.

???

Jill, we would like to reach out to you in a positive way, but you
slam the doors.

This snippet was
copy/pasted from here, cross posted to rec.food.cooking and rpca by our
beloved (yet again) Mary:

Right. She cross-posted it because it's commentary from cat fanciers
who share an interest in regional food. Now, how many food
enthusiasts are also cat fanciers? Probably there are some. Why not
welcome the possibility of new participants in your stagnant,
self-absorbed newsgroup?

I'm afraid Dan has brainwashed you with his happy horse****. I'll bet
he's had your pants off, too, in the back seat of whatever car he is
living out of these days.

Charlie

Charlie, at the very least, that was uncalled for. Furthermore, after the
Conan affair, ANYTHING questioning Bloody Mary's mental state is fair game.

Old July 17th 05, 04:51 PM
Mary

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Someone (MARY) has some serious mental health issues. This snippet was
copy/pasted from here, cross posted to rec.food.cooking and rpca by our
beloved (yet again) Mary:

Thank you, Jill. I missed Bubba's reply.

wrote:

[...]

Hi Bubba! I live in Raleigh, NC--still southern by some standards,
but if you are in the Mississippi delta I imagine not.

Every Mom and Pop seafood house between here and the actual coast
serves a basket of hush puppies before the meal. Captain Stanley's,
in Garner NC had the best, but they have gone out of business.

There is also a very old place in Raleigh called 42nd Street Oyster
Bar (it was there during the Great Depression and is still there but
has been made "upscale') that serves a basket of hush puppies
with a ramekin of whipped butter for dipping. It's the
bypass-before-you're-fifty special.

Now then, whereabouts are you?

Old July 17th 05, 04:51 PM
Mary

wrote:

Someone (MARY) has some serious mental health issues.

???

Jill, we would like to reach out to you in a positive way, but you
slam the doors.

This snippet was
copy/pasted from here, cross posted to rec.food.cooking and rpca by our
beloved (yet again) Mary:

Right. She cross-posted it because it's commentary from cat fanciers
who share an interest in regional food. Now, how many food
enthusiasts are also cat fanciers? Probably there are some. Why not
welcome the possibility of new participants in your stagnant,
self-absorbed newsgroup?

I'm afraid Dan has brainwashed you with his happy horse****. I'll bet
he's had your pants off, too, in the back seat of whatever car he is
living out of these days.

Jill likes me when I agree with her. She's very deep.

Old July 17th 05, 04:52 PM
whitershadeofpale

hlink.net...
wrote:

[...]

I'm just using this post to step on for a second, Ill be right done!

With Monica and Dan, and Conan?

IF IT WAS ANYTHING BUT A CAT, I'D TELL THEM TO CRAM IT UP THIER BEEEEPS
AS FAR AS THEY CAN.

I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS TWO CENTS WHAT EITHER OF THEM HAVE TO SAY.

For 10 cent, I'd stick my beep ALL up in their little lying mouths!

They are just plain ol ****ty.

Where I come from, we woulda kicked Dan's ass first time we caught him by
the shirt!
And the worst we woulda done to Monica, is just called her names, like
strumpet or weed monkey whore.
Nah, I take that back, she woulda got her tail kicked too!

You don't do people that.

AND **** YOU PHILIP for antagonizing everyone who actually cared.

**** you, AND YOUR ****ING COMPUTER You bleeding flaming asshole!

NOW CARRY YOUR SORRY BAGGIN ASS TO CHURCH, MAYBE YOU'LL GET SOME LOVE ABOUT
YOURSELF.

Old July 17th 05, 05:04 PM
Trish

news:1121615500.2379075efb073b8b834a677e88ae0c72@t eranews...

wrote:

Someone (MARY) has some serious mental health issues.

???

Jill, we would like to reach out to you in a positive way, but you
slam the doors.

This snippet was
copy/pasted from here, cross posted to rec.food.cooking and rpca by our
beloved (yet again) Mary:

Right. She cross-posted it because it's commentary from cat fanciers
who share an interest in regional food. Now, how many food
enthusiasts are also cat fanciers? Probably there are some. Why not
welcome the possibility of new participants in your stagnant,
self-absorbed newsgroup?

I'm afraid Dan has brainwashed you with his happy horse****. I'll bet
he's had your pants off, too, in the back seat of whatever car he is
living out of these days.

Jill likes me when I agree with her. She's very deep.

yeah, about as deep as the imprint my shoe leaves when I accidentally step
in dog sh*t , ooops almost forgot the smiley

Old July 17th 05, 05:08 PM
Mary

wrote:

[...]

Barry--I'm sorry, but I must agree with Philip. My insanity is clear to all
who have
followed this saga. I only with I could be more like Philip. (Except for
the
bleeding hemorrhoids and that one-foot-in-the-grave thing, of course.)

Old July 17th 05, 05:16 PM
Mary

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Gabey8 wrote:
[[This snippet was
copy/pasted from here, cross posted to rec.food.cooking and rpca ]]

I had a feeling something like that would happen, after I saw this
particular post last night:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c6a7d823b1ecd8

I guess it's a mixed blessing that accessing Usenet via the WWW
doesn't
provide the ability to killfile. It means that all posts, threads, or
whatever are available, and it's for the user to decide which things
read and which to avoid.

I happened to read that particular item last night and thought, "Oh,
great. Now the cooking people are going to wonder what's going on."

I guess the cooking group regulars will be doing some plonking before
long.

Donna

What's with these people?! Do they even *like* cats? I'm getting the
feeling they care more about flaming and being disruptive than they do
anything else.

Now, now, Jill, as you know we have been talking about our
own beloved kitties for months in these groups. Among the other
things you need to learn is the fact that hyperbole and wild claims
that are completely unfounded in reality do nothing to advance
your credibility.

We long for harmony and happiness between the groups, and we
know how much you love good cat stories there in anecdotes, so
out of the pure love and goodness of our hearts we are going to
do our best to provide more Wonderful Cat Stories just to reward
you all for your kind natures and broad-minded intelligence.

By the same token, when you discuss cooking, why not bring
in the cooking groups? The more the merrier, and all on-topic.
Do you see some down side in this? I thought the cooking
folks would have great insights into pressure cooking and indeed
they did. I enjoyed their input. Didn't you?

Old July 17th 05, 05:23 PM
Trish

"Mary" wrote in message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]