First Jellicle Stories-Meowchat-The Beginning

Old November 5th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
fuzzmonsters

Default First Jellicle Stories-Meowchat-The Beginning

Welkum Efurrykitty.

Ize just going to tell a liddl bit about sum of our past year. Der
will be more storeez later on.

Meowchat began a liddle mor dan a year ago. Der wer sum messijes
alredy in September so it wuz befur dat. According to Anti Kate and
Rors, they wuz reeding in da dog newsgroop and a messij frum Kimmy sed
he'd meowed in rpc but nobuddy ansered her. So Anti Kate found dat
furst kommunikayshun and and Finn and Rors meowed bak. I fink I
menshund befor dat I furst saw a meowchat frum Finn and he wuz talking
all funny. Sumbuddy askd him if he had a cold kuz he sounded all
stuffed up. Deze are da furst memries of meowchat. Things reely tuk
off after dat!

Wun of da furst big eventz wuz da Cadbury Hunt. Here is Anti
Melinda, HC, telling how she rememberz it:

"Last Easter, one of the cats (I think it was Shu) mentioned
that he'd got to lick some of the yllow stuff in the inside of a
Cadbury Easter Egg. He wrote to the other cats about it and wondered
what kind of creature a Cadbury was that had laid the egg. Spike
mentioned in response that in the ocean waters around here (Victoria,
B.C.) there is a kind of sea monster, kind of like the Loch Ness
monster, that hoomins sometimes see. This monster is called a
Cadborsaurus by the hoomins here. It is named after a bay where it
is seen, Cadboro. So the Cadborosaurus immediately became the
Cadbury Monster and planning for a hung just sort of took off. In
the middle of the planning, there was an article in the local paper
here that the Cadborosaurus had been spotted. Spike reported this
development and the hunt was on. The hunt was conducted from the deck
of a tuna boat that Newton "liberated" from the tuna fleet in San
Diego. A good time was had by all the cats and there was a big feast
at Newton's house after the hunt."

Dis wuz immortalizd in da Song of the Great Cadbury Hunt, which we
will sing later on tonite.

I alzo haz a quote frum My Diary (property of Sir Issac
Neutered)--dat's Newton--which I hope I kin quote wifout bein sood by
his Meowmie:

"Apurril 23,1996--Major an Spike an Fraidi an Shu an
KitsenKat an Rors an Boris an Sigmund an I all went out to sea onna
tuna boat to hunt the Cadbury monster (Igotsta be captain cause it
was my boat). Cadbury lays choclit eggz that Bunny delivers to
hoomins effury year. We heer the monster is gud eetin, so we wanna
bag one for partee. After somekittys gets a little bombed on
hairycrowbangers and maybe a little green around gils (not me....I
gud sailor), we finally see monster. I borrow Meowmie's camera an
take piksure of Cadbury, just before we kill it (we shot wif cannon),
and haul aboard boat (wif winch). Cadbury is heavy, slimey and smell
awful (but we heer it taste gud)!!

Pauline stow away on boat....she chase Shu an Major an Spike
aroun boat (bother em no end!!) We decide not to make Pauline walk
plank (but we sure fink about it a while!)

Now we just gots to park tunaboat and cut Cadbury into
kitty sized pieces. Meomiw prolly not like smell of dead Cadbury in
her kitchen...but thaz life I guess!"

I remberz reedin a sekret post frum da boykitties befor da hunt dat
dey wuz gonna shoot Pauline out of da cannon (which dey bilt
demselfs) and wen she landed on da Monster it wud knock him out and
da girlkitties wud swim out an drag him in. Well, it nefer happend
like dat cuz da girlkitties figgered out dat wile dey wuz doin da
werk and gettin wet, da boykitties wud be on da boat laffin and
partyin.

It wuz all a furry furry brave effort and a wunnerful feest
afterwards.

Da next big hunt wuz Da Great Souven Hunt. I dont haf any deetayls
about it, so maybe sum udder kitty kan fill it in. I onlee haf wun
messij frum Major which sez,

"Orion, somecatz were having a stand to sell things at the party
last weekend. They sed they wuz gonna sell souven-eerz. So....I
asked what a souven was. The rest of the catz decided ta go hunt
one. And the rest shall be history.....

Major (packing......again.....)"