Disturbing News

Old April 25th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Hairstyles

There is a poem that is something like. A couple of years ago I stopped
looking in the mirror, this old lady moved in with me but only shows up when
I pass a mirror. I try to ignore her but she won't go away.

So long as the heart is young and still believes in the magic of life you
got a chance.
wrote in message
Sherry wrote:

Yes, it makes an amazing difference. I buzzed off DH's a few years
ago. I think he looks great. He thinks I look great. Neither one
of us can see without our glasses, so that's probably a blessing too.

I think of it as "good news and bad news". The bad news is, you're
getting older. The good news is, your eyesight is going, which softens
the blow when you look in the mirror.

Until you get glasses!

I recently got driving glasses, and it's amazing how much clearer
everything looks at a distance. I didn't even realize how fuzzy my long-
distance vision had gotten because it was so gradual. I can actually see
the leaves on the trees!

I'm also able to see myself very clearly now, when standing at a distance
from a mirror. OMG, is *that* what people with good eyesight can see
when they look at me??

Kind of back to cats, it's startling how old Yoda's face looks when I
look at photos of him taken years ago. Cats do show age in their faces.

I know what you mean. Smudge has been showing signs of age for the past
few years now. Mostly what I notice is bags under her eyes. Seriously!
It's not darker under her eyes, but there's a little curved line beneath
each eye that didn't used to be there. My little granny cat. A friend
of mine joked about "kitty botox", LOL.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 25th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message

Sherry wrote:

Yes, it makes an amazing difference. I buzzed off DH's a few years
ago. I think he looks great. He thinks I look great. Neither one
of us can see without our glasses, so that's probably a blessing too.

I think of it as "good news and bad news". The bad news is, you're
getting older. The good news is, your eyesight is going, which softens
the blow when you look in the mirror.

Until you get glasses!

I recently got driving glasses, and it's amazing how much clearer
everything looks at a distance. I didn't even realize how fuzzy my
long- distance vision had gotten because it was so gradual. I can
actually see the leaves on the trees!

I'm also able to see myself very clearly now, when standing at a
distance from a mirror. OMG, is *that* what people with good eyesight
can see when they look at me??

It always surprises me when I see my reflection when I don't expect it -
what is my mother doing here? Then I realise that the woman in the
reflection Ithought was my mother is me. Oh dear. Thankfully Joel doesn't
see me that way - he still thinks I look "hot".

Kind of back to cats, it's startling how old Yoda's face looks when I
look at photos of him taken years ago. Cats do show age in their
faces.

I know what you mean. Smudge has been showing signs of age for the
past few years now. Mostly what I notice is bags under her eyes.
Seriously! It's not darker under her eyes, but there's a little
curved line beneath each eye that didn't used to be there. My little
granny cat. A friend
of mine joked about "kitty botox", LOL.

It was that dimple between rib cage and haunches that gives age away for me.
Fluffy has one, but since her eyes are bright, she still seems to get great
joy in scaring the cr*p outta unsuspecting visitors (they see a big,
snarling, barking black beast. I see a total lovebug who wouldn't hurt a
fly. LOL) and destroying socks,a nd she's still got theat pepertual goofy
grin, I figure she's still got a few years left yet.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old April 25th 09, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Disturbing News `

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message

If I were losing hair I would shave it all off.

I do that - ten minutes with a set of electric clippers about once
a month. The last time I went to a barber was for a shave in Turkey
sometime in the early 90s, since Turkish barbers make their job into
a performing art.

We often joke that Joel doesn't get a haircut, but rather he lets me 'mow'.
Whilst we are onto our third set of electric clippers, we've still saved a
heck of alot of money by me giving him a 'number 2' rather than paying the
$25 for one, and even though I may not be as good, my errors are unnoticable
in a few days anyway :-)

I have often wished I could do the same with my hair, but as Joel points
out, I am already as a tall as a man and most of the time I have to wear
men's clothing and shoes for work so its not that difficult to confuse my
gender. If I shaved off my hair I'd look more like a bloke than he would,
and he's not having that :-)

Yowie

Old April 25th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Thank you for that Granby....there's still hope for me then?
Kyla of the Gray Hare

"Granby"
There is a poem that is something like. A couple of years ago I stopped
looking in the mirror, this old lady moved in with me but only shows up
when I pass a mirror. I try to ignore her but she won't go away.

So long as the heart is young and still believes in the magic of life you
got a chance.

Sherry

Old April 25th 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

It always surprises me when I see my reflection when I don't expect it -
what is my mother doing here?

LOL. I used to keep my hair very short, with the front part swept back
off my face. I also left the color natural, a salt & pepper color. But a
couple of years ago, I decided I wanted a change, so I grew my hair out
a little and styled it a bit differently, so that I had bangs, and longer,
more wavy sides.

One day I looked in the mirror, and what I saw was not "Every Woman's
Fear" (ie, my mother), but my *grandmother*! My mother's mother. YIKES!
She wore her hair a lot like I'm wearing mine and had those grey bangs.

And people ask me why I now color my hair!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 26th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Hairstyles Disturbing News `

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:26:20 +0100, Adrian wrote:

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
I have very fine limp shoulder length hair that I usually wear in a
pony tail.
It doesn't curl on it's own. Ever. It takes forever to grow. and I
trim it myself.
You're right about bald being good on the right man but not when you
get that bald spot on top, part your hair real low and comb a few hairs
over the bald spot. Yuck.
DH has beautiful thick shortish curly hair and a moustache and beard.
I'm not fond of beards without a moustache at all.. He trusts me enough
to trim his hair for him. Kyla

A friend of mine used to do the 'comb over' it looked ridiculous. I
don't see so much of him these days as I now live 300 miles away but
when I went down for his 50th birthday in March he had a sensible short
haircut. It actually made him look younger.

My hairline started receding at age 16, and now (at age 51) the top of my
head is completely bald. I have never bothered with a comb-over, feeling
that it never looks convincing. I have also seen too many men where the
comb-over had flopped in the other direction, which really looks
ridiculous.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old April 26th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"John F. Eldredge"

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
[...]

Good for you. I've seen the 'comb-overs' go really all over the place
in a high wind. LOL.
Ladies, anyone remember the days of the Beehive? Horrid..
Kyla

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 26th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

"John F. Eldredge"

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
[...]

In the late 1970s, there was a lady whom I used to see on a city bus
every day. She apparently had a collection of wigs, one for each day of
the week, and each a different color. You could tell what day of the
week it was by her hair color. All of them were the beehive shape,
extending upwards seven or eight inches above the top of her head,
varying only in the hair color.

This lady, who was perhaps in her mid-to-late 70's, also wore very pale
makeup except for bright red rouge circles on her cheekbones. The result
was rather clown-like, but she always had a very prim and proper
expression on her face. I don't think she realized how strange she
looked.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from