Jellicle Ball WELCOMING CEREMONY Pt 2

Old October 28th 04, 11:22 PM
Arlene Knop

Default Jellicle Ball WELCOMING CEREMONY Pt 2

Gretchen Marie continues.....

Here is the story of thuh Furst Jellicle Ball as told by Bonnie, The
Black Panther. Thuh tradishuns hav chanjed a bit since then, but it was
kwite a spektakular beginning!

"Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens and cats
have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But -- as we know
since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather the
beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a period of protracted
mourning, but rather as a period of celebration -- this is more-or-less
in keeping with the poet T. S. Eliot's works about CATS: We gather once
a year to select the cat that can come back to a new Jellicle Life. Love
is a binding force that transcends both time and space, and we will all
reunite at the Rainbow Bridge. In recognition that there are so many
kittens and cats deserving of a new Jellicle Life this year we pay honor
to all who have gone before; to celebrate their lives in story, song,
and memories. The MC will rule over the Ball. This is a very HIGH HONOR.
The cat selected should be our oldest inhabitant. The next to last song
will be Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball (Sir Galaxy and
myself, Bonnie) will have the whole floor unto themselves for the first
few measures, they will then invite all other cats to then join them. At
the end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving of a New
Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam splitters to
fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround the
puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now be shown
one final time en mass. They will reamin projected for 30 seconds before
the start to revolve around the gathered assemblage, first rather
slowly, but then faster and faster until they become one indistinct blur
where upon they will start to rise towards the curved peaks of the
projection screens....the names will meet in a final blast of light, and
the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks fade the Band
will begin to play a medly of "The Power of Love" and "Everybody Wants
to be a Cat." The dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the
various cats leave, we can then reflect on the meaning of the Jellicle
Ball: to remember what happiness is; to love one another, so a new day
can begin. Bonnie, The Black Panther"
Old October 29th 04, 01:16 AM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Arlene Knop wrote:
Gretchen Marie continues.....

Here is the story of thuh Furst Jellicle Ball as told by Bonnie, The
Black Panther. Thuh tradishuns hav chanjed a bit since then, but it was
kwite a spektakular beginning!

Dat's bootiful, Bonnie! Fangu for telling us all dis. I had no idea
about the historical tradishun of da Jellicle Ball.

Sammy

Old October 29th 04, 04:20 AM
Heather

"Arlene Knop" wrote in message
[...]

Matthias, Maestro an liddle Clyde sit an listin in awe az da storee uv da
furst Jellicle Ball

Old October 29th 04, 06:15 PM
Ray or Fran

Weze rememfurs that furry First Jellicle Ball. It was quite powerful.

Punkins & Puddi Cat
(Seems like a long time ago... so many friends have gone to the Bridge, many
more have yet to be met)
--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old October 29th 04, 06:17 PM
Heather

Hihi Harri! Ize Matthias! An dis iz mine broffur Maestro. Dis liddle
oranj fella iz Clyde. Clyde an Ize ar speshul; weez brayn damijed! Wanna
play?