not looking good for Muriel

Old June 17th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default not looking good for Muriel

About October last year, I found a lump between Muriel's front
legs. She's about 17 so, figuring that if it was cancerous it
needed immediate action, I took her to the vet straight away.
The vet removed a greyish blob, couldn't guess what it was - she
initially thought it might have been an airgun pellet - but took
away the adjacent breast tissue and one nipple just in case. It
turned out to be an adenocarcinoma (i.e. much the same as the
commonest type of human breast cancer). This has a very bad
prognosis, but for a few months it looked like she'd dodged the
bullet. She developed a couple of what felt like skin warts or
moles over the next few months but they didn't enlarge. She's
been perfectly fit, you'd never guess her age.

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

Old June 17th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
[...]

Purrs for a good prognosis for Muriel.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 17th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:39:20 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
yodeled:

[...]

Purrs for Muriel. She's a game girl.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 17th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

Lost of purrs for the best outcome.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 17th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 17 Jun, 14:39, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all.

Purrs coming for Muriel

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 17th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Jun 17, 3:49 pm, Kreisleriana wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:39:20 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
yodeled:

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done.

I'm sorry to hear that. Purrs for Muriel and her family.

PatM

Old June 17th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

PURR BEING SENT
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
[...]

============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk
==============
Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660
4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554
975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739
557

Old June 18th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for Muriel, and for you.

--
Joy

Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary,
how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how
to combine them.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

Old June 18th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

[...]

Purrs that Muriel can stay with you for a good long time yet.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 18th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-06-17 16:39:20 -0500, Jack Campin - bogus address
said:

[...]

I'm sorry to hear this, but it sounds like at an advanced age, overall,
she is doing well.

What's good for the cat is good for the baby, and VV Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 4 May 30th 07 10:31 PM
[OT] Me good boy. Me get hug. polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 0 February 28th 07 09:56 PM
[OT] Me good boy. Me get hug. Ketzl's Dad Cat anecdotes 0 February 26th 07 03:15 PM
A Good Day Marina Cat anecdotes 13 October 14th 05 03:27 PM
Good Job UTB rulz Cat health & behaviour 1 September 14th 05 08:35 PM