LitterMaid ML800

Old June 1st 05, 08:44 PM

Default LitterMaid ML800

I can not find this model on littermaid.com. I bought it yesterday. It
is still in the box. Is the LM800 an older model that had problems? Are
the newer versions better and worth buying? I also bought the tent,
still in its box too, is the $35 us dollars I paid for it worth it?

Anyone have any stories about the LM800?

Thanks in advance.

L.

Old June 1st 05, 09:02 PM

The model is the LM500. Sorry about that, I had LM800 in my head
because that was the model number the store manager told me over the
phone and it stuck.

Old June 1st 05, 09:12 PM
Pat

Don't remember which model I had, but I got rid of mine. It was only a
couple of inches tall and my cats always seemed to pee 'over' the sides
which meant, of course, the "tent" I also bought got pee all over it.
A nightmare to clean in my opinion. I got rid of it and just got
covered litter boxes.

Old June 1st 05, 09:18 PM
Phil P.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I can not find this model on littermaid.com. I bought it yesterday. It
is still in the box. Is the LM800 an older model that had problems? Are
the newer versions better and worth buying? I also bought the tent,
still in its box too, is the $35 us dollars I paid for it worth it?

I don't like LitterMaids because I can't *see* if there's blood or other
abnormalities in the poop and pee- unless I dump the bin and check- which
defeats the purpose.

Covers for litter boxes aren't a good idea, either because you can't *see*
if the cat is straining to eliminate. Covers also retain odors which some
cats find offensive and could stop a cat from using the box. Covered boxes
also allows other cats (or dog) to target the cat as she exits the box-
which can also cause the cat to stop using the box.

Scoop. Its not a big deal.

Phil

Old June 8th 05, 03:28 PM
Linda Terrell

It is if you're arthritic

LT

Scoop. Its not a big deal.

Phil

Old June 9th 05, 03:24 AM
Mary

"Linda Terrell" wrote in message
It is if you're arthritic

LT

Jesus. If you can't scoop a cat box what CAN you do?

Old June 10th 05, 05:46 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:28:27 GMT, Linda Terrell
wrote:

It is if you're arthritic

Is it the act of scooping or bending down. It may seem strange, but
you can put the litter box up on something so that you don't have to
bend down. You can put a little stairway or ramp up to it if the cat
needs it. Then it would be at a workable height so that you don't have
to get down on your knees.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 11th 05, 09:34 AM
Linda Terrell

In article , "Mary"
wrote:

"Linda Terrell" wrote in message
It is if you're arthritic

LT

Jesus. If you can't scoop a cat box what CAN you do?

If Jesus scooped my 4 boxes it would be so much
easier.

Come back to me when you're 60 and arthritic.

LT
Old June 11th 05, 11:13 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:33:35 GMT, Linda Terrell
wrote:

wrote:

It is if you're arthritic

Is it the act of scooping or bending down. It may seem strange, but
you can put the litter box up on something so that you don't have to
bend down. You can put a little stairway or ramp up to it if the cat
needs it. Then it would be at a workable height so that you don't have
to get down on your knees.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

For *one* box I *might* consider it. But
I have 6 cats and 4 LitterMaids. LM have made life
so very much easier all around.

It's MY choice, by the way. Not yours.

It was never my intention to insult you. I never even saw the original
post. You stated that you had arthritis and had trouble with the
litter box. Somebody else said something mean, so I thought I would
mention a valid reason why it would be hard to scoop daily, as well as
a possible solution.

I was never attacking your choice. Just trying to make a helpful
suggestion.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography