Sleepy cat

Old August 12th 03, 08:04 PM
Dan Mahoney

Default Sleepy cat

My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.

Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
must be a dead cat.

I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

Dan
Old August 12th 03, 08:26 PM
Victor M. Martinez

That is too funny!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 12th 03, 10:25 PM
JBHajos

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:04:44 -0700, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.

Too funny!! (But it brought *me* up short - our Hobo also uses the
front porch to sleep away lazy summer days - even until dark. We'd
better keep *our* eyes open for the cat control!!!)

Jeanne
Old August 12th 03, 11:22 PM
Stacey

British accent for effect "I'm not dead!!!! I feel fine!!!!! I think I'll
go for a walk!!!"

Stacey

Old August 13th 03, 02:45 AM
catsruleok

"Stacey" wrote in message
British accent for effect "I'm not dead!!!! I feel fine!!!!! I think I'll
go for a walk!!!"

Stacey

Or , if Samantha's not feeling energetic enough to go for a walk, Pat could put a sign up in front
of her which reads::

"Not dead, just meditating" :^)

Sheenah.

Old August 13th 03, 03:59 AM
Tanada

Dan Mahoney wrote:

My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.

Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
must be a dead cat.

I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

That is so funny and reminds me of one of my MIL's favorite stories. I
posted it after reading this.

Pam S.

Old August 13th 03, 05:34 AM
Marina

"Dan Mahoney" wrote

I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

ROFL! Scritches to Sammie. She is just leading a real cat's life.

--
Marina
Old August 13th 03, 05:11 PM
Adrian

Dan Mahoney wrote:
My brother's elderly Siamese kitty Samantha has always been fond of
sleeping, and it's not unusual for her to stay in bed for 12 hours at
a time. But yesterday and today things hit a new peak.

Yesterday Samantha spent all day sleeping on the front porch. This
morning the county animal control guy showed up at my brother's front
door saying he had received reports of a dead cat on the porch.
Apparently a neighbor saw Sammie sleeping there all day and decided it
must be a dead cat.

I told Pat he needs to get a big, bright label to go on Sammie's
collar, reading "I'm not really dead, I just look like it".

Dan

Reports of my death are greatly exagerated.:-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.