cat peeing outside the litter box - solution

Old June 13th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default cat peeing outside the litter box - solution

My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
extra-high sides.

-L.

Old June 13th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
extra-high sides.

-L.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

Old June 13th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
extra-high sides.

-L.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

You meant "the simplest solution is the best solution," right?

The simplest is always the easiest.

Old June 13th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
extra-high sides.

-L.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

You meant "the simplest solution is the best solution," right?

The simplest is always the easiest.

Sorry old man moment

Old June 13th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote

Sorry old man moment

I was just pickin'.

Old June 14th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

cybercat wrote:
"Matthew" wrote

Sorry old man moment

I was just pickin'.

Pickin' and grinnin'...

-L.

Old June 14th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Matthew wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat Mimi has stuck her butt outside the litter box and peed off and
on for a couple of years. I have had her urine checked multiple
times, and it's always negative. So since Peewee died, she has peed
outside the litter boxes every day!! I figured they must still smell
like him to some degree, so I removed those boxes completely, and
replaced them with an Jumbo hooded litter box from Van Ness. I also
switched to an unscented litter. Finally - problem solved - no more
peeing outside the litter box!! I think the key was the hood and the
extra-high sides.

-L.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest solution

Yep. Gotta try low-tech first.

-L.