Friday is the day

Old April 12th 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Friday is the day

The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

-L.

Old April 12th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:24:03 GMT, "-L." wrote:

The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

Peewee is very fortunate that you love him enough to let him go. I'm so
sorry you have to go through this.

--
Lynne
Old April 12th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On 11 Apr 2007 23:24:03 -0700, "-L." wrote:

The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

-L.

It's clearly the right thing to do. I hate this, but it's the price we
pay for the time that we get to host the furballs. It's nice that your
vet will come to the house, I'd love to spare my fbs that final trip.
Purrs.
Old April 12th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

-----------
I'm so, so sorry. Having been through this with Molly last October (she was
also my baby before I had a baby), this is just too fresh in my mind and
very painful. Peewee has been very lucky to have someone who has loved him
as much as you have.
Purrs to you and Peewee. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old April 12th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On Apr 12, 2:24 am, "-L." wrote:
The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

-L.

I'm very sorry. This is the hardest thing we have to do for our furry
family members. Peewee is lucky to have you.

Lis

Old April 12th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Hugs to you and Peewee.

Rene

Old April 12th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

Oh, Lyn, I hate that you have to go through this. It's so hard, but the
right thing to do for Peewee, it is clearly time to help him through.
When I had to let my 20-year-old girl go, it was so terrible. Just
like with you, she was there before I got married, there when both
my parents were still alive--she was the creature I held in my arms
and cried to when my parents died. I'm so sorry.

Old April 12th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 12 Apr, 07:24, "-L." wrote:
The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

I am devastated for you....

Peewee is so lucky to have a mummy who loves him enough to make the
ultimate sacrifice on his behalf.
I know it is killing you. Cuddle him, cry & scream if you need to, &
live in the knowledge that you loved him enough to let him cross
over...

Soothing Purrs & healing thoughts for you too
S.

Old April 12th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty

On 11 Apr 2007 23:24:03 -0700, -L. wrote:

The vet is going to come to the house and help Peewee cross over.
He's weak, skin and bones, and suffering - it's time. He still has
some quality of life, will purr when I hold him or scratch his head,
and still likes to go out with the dog, but isn't eating much and is
weak. I can't let him starve to death - it's the humane thing to do,
but dammit, it's killing me. :*( I will report back when I can.
Thanks to everyone who sent support over the last few weeks - it means
a lot. Pee was my baby before I had a baby - heck, before I was even
married. It's like losing a kid.

-L.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now. But, PeeWee is very
fortunate to have someone love him enough to let him go. I went through
this with my Grady in January, and it was the hardest thing I've ever done
in my life. He was my baby too (after my baby grew up and moved away from
home *S*).

Hugs to you.

Patty

OT Black Friday Matthew Cat anecdotes 30 November 24th 06 08:36 AM
Some Friday fun ceb Cat health & behaviour 0 June 24th 05 09:38 PM
OT - Friday was a Sad Day Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 8 May 28th 05 04:33 PM
Gone Friday and Saturday Tanada Cat anecdotes 6 September 24th 04 04:04 AM
Lester: Friday Arthur Shapiro Cat anecdotes 8 November 29th 03 02:26 PM