OT - Homeopathic Pain Relief?

Old September 25th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

Default OT - Homeopathic Pain Relief?

I am at the maximum dose of pain killers that I'm allowed by my doctor, but
my pain level feels like I've taken nothing at all. Also, the pain is
keeping me from sleeping (I literally woke up screaming at one point last
night - scared the sh*t out of DH) - so any home remedies for sleep would
also be appreciated. Homeopathic, 'old wives' remedy', *anything not
prescription would be welcome. It's at the point where I had to give my
pain and sleep medications to DH just to be doubly sure I don't given in to
temptation when my pain outweighs my power of reasoning, such as it is).
Topical or oral, it doesn't matter (though I'm already using Lidoderm
patches with no effect. Heat doesn't help and ice is totally out of the
question with RSD.

TIA.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old September 25th 10, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

go onto a health food naturalopathic site, look at the herbal teas see if
there is anything for pain, i know there are several for relaxing/sleep, Lee

Old September 25th 10, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
go onto a health food naturalopathic site, look at the herbal teas see if
there is anything for pain, i know there are several for relaxing/sleep,
Lee

Camomile tea (camolmile is also nice in a hot bath to ease aches and pains).
Lavendar promotes sleep. And it smells nice, too.

Jill

Old September 25th 10, 07:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried breathing exercises? When I had bad surgical pain after
abdominal surgery, the nurse taught me some breathing exercises to
calm me down and zone the pain out. I still knew it was there, but I
could cope with it. Most pharmaceutical remedies are concentrated /
refined doses of natural remedies, but you could try a natural remedy,
it might be worth it for the placebo effect, which can itself be very
powerful, our minds have a lot of control over what our bodies feel.

I don't know what kind of pain you have, my mother has a lot of back
pain, and has a TENS machine which electrically stimulates the pain
area and soothes it.

Jeanette
Old September 25th 10, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^^=[_3_]

You've probably developed a resistance to your painkillers. .
It happens to a LOT of people, NO, you're NOT an addict!!!
Not at all. Nope,
I drink nice chamomile tea to help me sleep, and there are several natural
things you can take for stress, Calms Forte, for instance, and like Lee
said, look for a natural something for pain as well.
Ask a person who works there to help you decide.
They are professionals on these things. Purrs for it to help you
Love,
Kyla
..

Old September 25th 10, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 25/09/2010 12:03 PM, CatNipped wrote:
I am at the maximum dose of pain killers that I'm allowed by my doctor, but
my pain level feels like I've taken nothing at all. Also, the pain is
keeping me from sleeping (I literally woke up screaming at one point last
night - scared the sh*t out of DH) - so any home remedies for sleep would
also be appreciated. Homeopathic, 'old wives' remedy', *anything not
prescription would be welcome. It's at the point where I had to give my
pain and sleep medications to DH just to be doubly sure I don't given in to
temptation when my pain outweighs my power of reasoning, such as it is).
Topical or oral, it doesn't matter (though I'm already using Lidoderm
patches with no effect. Heat doesn't help and ice is totally out of the
question with RSD.

TIA.

There is a herb that is very well known for releiving pain, relieving
nausea and stimulating appetite. Alas, I think its still illegal in
Texas. However, if you were to move to California, and had a doctor's
prescription for it, you could get it legally.

There may be legal pharmaceuticals that mimic its psycho-pharmacological
function, but you'll have to ask someone in the know over there.

Down here and around these parts, the cops generally don't give a hoot
if you have an amount small enough for 'personal use' and otherwise keep
out of trouble - its the ones who 'deal' and / or break other laws
whilst under the influence that they tend to worry about.

Yowie
Old September 25th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Sep 24, 10:03*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

I heard melatonin and valerian help you sleep. The latter is stronger
than chamomile and has a very strong smell. Celestal Seasoning has a
Sleepytime Extra tea that contains both chamomile and valerian. See
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...eepytime-extra

I have seen it sold at WalMart here in Canada.

Melatonin come in pills form. It is a naturally occuring compound
(actually a hormone) in humans and is sold in many supermarkets here.

I have use pure essential lavender oil and it does helps me sleep. I
put a few drops on my pillow.
It helps you relax.

Acupuncture may help with your pain if you don't mind needles. But be
sure to find a qualified acupuncturist. It may take more than one
session.

Winnie
Old September 25th 10, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

Thank you, all of you, for your suggestions and help. I'm going to try to
get out and about today to, if nothing else, try to get my mind off of
myself and on to something pleasantly distracting. I'll top at GNC and look
at their teas and other remedies.

And Yowie, I could only wish - I think Texas, being Texas, may still have
the death penalty for any amount of 'herb - even a roach! Still, I'd use it
if I knew anybody to buy it from - if I went "shopping" in the part of town
most likely to have it I'd probably end up dead rather than relieved.

Old September 25th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

LOL

Stick with lavender to help you sleep. I have a spritz I spray on my
pillows. And Valerian root. It won't help with the pain but it helps with
sleep. And lavender just smells nice

Jill