The dinner party continues...

Old April 27th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default The dinner party continues...

[The dance band begins playing a variety of tunes as the serving staff
continues carrying wonderous gourmet dishes out of the kitchen and
delivering them to the dining kitties.]

Mine handsome winkwink, please keep the cushion warm. I need to run
belowdecks for a minute.

[With that Cleo stands and heads for the stairs. She disappears, then
reappears a minute or two later. She is accompanied by the Havana Brown
kitty, who looks around nervously.]

Monsieur Lenoir, please allow me to introduce you to the others at this
table. This is my handsome wink, Sir TV. These are Mme. Anais and her wink
Tiger. This is Trudi, and this is BK. And this is Rebecca. There is a
space at the table beside Rebecca, so why don't you make yourself
comfortable there?

[M Lenoir]: Merci, Mme Cleopatra. Greetings to all ov you. Mine name is
Lenoir. Greetings, Mmme Rebecca. I would be honored to join you.
Old April 27th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:26:51 -0700, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra
Silvercat's nimble, little paws typed:

[...]

Ahhh, M. Lenoir - the famous feline composer and violinist! Enchante!
I'm so glad that you could join us. The fuds heer are wunderful, and
the Inspektor, who has a nose for the finer things has been
choreographing a wonderful meal. Tis shud be a wunnerful efeenink!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
4/27/2006 1:16:23 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old April 27th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Ahhh, M. Lenoir - the famous feline composer and violinist! Enchante!
I'm so glad that you could join us. The fuds heer are wunderful, and
the Inspektor, who has a nose for the finer things has been
choreographing a wonderful meal. Tis shud be a wunnerful efeenink!

Indeed, Mme Anais! Ze foods all smell wonderful. And I see some eggzelent
wines on ze table - mine compliments to you, M. Inspector! It's always a
pleasure to meet a true gourmand.

Sigh

I hear the band playing some egzellent dance music. That makes me remember
mine youth, when I was still young. I used to really enjoy danzing, but a
few years back I was infolfed in an accident, and lost ze sight in mine
right eye. And in ze same accident I lost most of ze use of mine right
hind leg, but I've learned to walk smoothly wifout ze use of all mine
legs. But I hafen't asked any girlcats to danze wif me, because I'd be
ashamed to ask zem to danze wif mineself.

But ze band is indeed eggzelent, aren't they?

M. Lenoir
Old April 27th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Ahhh, M. Lenoir - the famous feline composer and violinist! Enchante!
I'm so glad that you could join us. The fuds heer are wunderful, and
the Inspektor, who has a nose for the finer things has been
choreographing a wonderful meal. Tis shud be a wunnerful efeenink!

Indeed, Mme Anais! Ze foods all smell wonderful. And I see some eggzelent
wines on ze table - mine compliments to you, M. Inspector! It's always a
pleasure to meet a true gourmand.

Sigh

I hear the band playing some egzellent dance music. That makes me remember
many years ago, when I was still young. I used to really enjoy danzing,

Old April 28th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:55:19 -0700, RPCC Adventure cats's little,
agile paws typed:

Indeed, Mme Anais! Ze foods all smell wonderful. And I see some eggzelent
wines on ze table - mine compliments to you, M. Inspector! It's always a
pleasure to meet a true gourmand.

Why zank yew, M. Lenoir - or may I cawl you Hercule? Zees eez my
wink, Bridget! Here are sum amuse-gueule provided by zee Chef while
we wait fur zee offur kitties to come up. Zey are liddle bokses ov
egg-pastry - sum are filled wif wild mushroomz, offurs wif shrimpees
and scallops offurs yet wid zee escargot - and awl are swimmink in
butter an truffles! Do try sum!

[He deftly slips one in his mouth as he pulls a corkscrew from an
inner pocket, and ceremoniously removes the cork from a bottle of
wine]

Ahhh zees eez a Chateaneuf de Pape from my own cellar [pours wine for
all, and munches yet another pastry]

I see zat you are sittink nekst to Mlle. Rebecca - she eez an opear
buff, and seengs kwite well, you know...

Sigh

I hear the band playing some egzellent dance music. That makes me remember
many years ago, when I was still young. I used to really enjoy danzing,
but a few years back I was infolfed in an accident, and lost ze sight in
mine right eye. And in ze same accident I lost most of ze use of mine
right hind leg, but I've learned to walk smoothly wifout ze use of all
mine legs. But I hafen't asked any girlcats to danze wif me, because I'd
be ashamed to ask zem to danze wif mineself.

But ze band is indeed eggzelent, aren't they?

Ahh. M'sieu! Zee tings are irrelefant in zees life - eet eez zee
inner kitty zat eez important, non?

So do tell us: are you working on sumfink new. or just heer to relaks
wif usses?
--
à bientôt,

Jacques
Old April 28th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Why zank yew, M. Lenoir - or may I cawl you Hercule? Zees eez my
wink, Bridget! Here are sum amuse-gueule provided by zee Chef while
we wait fur zee offur kitties to come up. Zey are liddle bokses ov
egg-pastry - sum are filled wif wild mushroomz, offurs wif shrimpees
and scallops offurs yet wid zee escargot - and awl are swimmink in
butter an truffles! Do try sum!

[He deftly slips one in his mouth as he pulls a corkscrew from an
inner pocket, and ceremoniously removes the cork from a bottle of
wine]

Ahhh zees eez a Chateaneuf de Pape from my own cellar [pours wine for
all, and munches yet another pastry]

Mine goodness, what egzellent food, and wunnerful wine! I have not eaten
and drank zis well in years. Perhaps mine reclusive lifestyle has cost me
more than I knew...

I see zat you are sittink nekst to Mlle. Rebecca - she eez an opear
buff, and seengs kwite well, you know...

Non - eez zees true? I am quite impressed! I haf found furry few kitties
truly interested in ze opera, and fewer still who sing opera.

Ahh. M'sieu! Zee tings are irrelefant in zees life - eet eez zee
inner kitty zat eez important, non?

So do tell us: are you working on sumfink new. or just heer to relaks
wif usses?

I came along on zees voyage in ze hope of breaking through a bad case of
le composer's block. Zere is a furry large piece I am working on, and I
haf it almost complete. But - as strange as zis sounds - I am stuck on ze
*beginning*. I haf written ze three final movements, but ze first movement
eludes me still. I haf ze first dozen or so bars, but zen I lose mine
thread...

[M. Lenoir begins to hum his composition, but stops after only a few bars.
He tries again, with a slight change near the middle, but again stops
short. A third try results in no better luck.]

You see? I am not able to break past zat point. I am doomed! I had hoped
to complete zis work in the next few weeks, but it now appears zat I won't
be able to do so. I can't even find ze orchestra to perform mine work
until it is complete!

Old April 28th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

[M Lenoir]: Merci, Mme Cleopatra. Greetings to all ov you. Mine name is
Lenoir. Greetings, Mmme Rebecca. I would be honored to join you.

Ahhh, M. Lenoir - the famous feline composer and violinist! Enchante!
I'm so glad that you could join us. The fuds heer are wunderful, and
the Inspektor, who has a nose for the finer things has been
choreographing a wonderful meal. Tis shud be a wunnerful efeenink!

Mr. Lenoir, please allow us to introduce ourselves: I am Cousin Rosco
P. Catrane, Grocery & Laundry Inspector, and this is my friend,
Stormmee, Kitten In Residence. We are pleased to make your
acquaintance. [extends snoot as a gesture of friendship and good
intentions]

May we join you if we promise to behave ourselves?

Cousin Rosco
Old April 28th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Dat wud be furry nice, M. Lenoir. I shud tell yoo dat itz Mlle. Rebecca,
not Mme.

Rebecca, wondering why she felt she needed to clarify that

"Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat" wrote in
message news

Old April 28th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

[Rebecca is speechless for a moment]

My gunness, I had no ideer yoo had similer challinjiz like I haz! I, too,
had a aksident sum yeerz ago, and losted my right eye, and got my sholder
hurtid so dat mine right frunt leg is shorter dan da utherz an makez me
limp.

[Rebecca thinks about this.]

Yoo know, da kitteez heer in da kommyunitee haz hewped me feel bedderer bowt
myownself, an evin teeched me how to danse! If yoo wud like to gib it a
try, I wud be happee to be yur partner, but if yoo preferz to stay at da
table I wud also be happee to keep yoo kumpannee. Purrhapz we kud tawk
abowt yourown travvelz.

Rebecca

news

Old April 28th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"RPCC Adventure cats" wrote in message
news

I see zat you are sittink nekst to Mlle. Rebecca - she eez an opear
buff, and seengs kwite well, you know...

Non - eez zees true? I am quite impressed! I haf found furry few kitties
truly interested in ze opera, and fewer still who sing opera.

Well, M. Inspektor iz purrhapz overstating fingz, but I duz enjoy singin
sumtimes. Will yoo be wif us when we arribe at da kowntess's kassel? She
iz goin to arrange to hab a groop uv trabbelin opurra kitteez I haz herd
purrform fur ussez. Yoo mite enjoy dat.

You see? I am not able to break past zat point. I am doomed! I had hoped
to complete zis work in the next few weeks, but it now appears zat I won't
be able to do so. I can't even find ze orchestra to perform mine work
until it is complete!

Why dont yoo spend sum time wif us kommyoonitee kitteez? Purrhapz bein
arown diffurint kitteez will gib yoo a diffurent vyoopoint.

Rebecca, starting to have a bit of a different viewpoint herself

Dinner party dilemma (not OT) Susan M Cat anecdotes 32 April 11th 06 05:58 AM
(OT) Humor: The Hallowe'en Party Pat Cat anecdotes 0 October 28th 05 10:54 PM
Party [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 July 13th 05 10:26 PM
Cats are Eating My Dinner Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 61 October 2nd 04 06:46 AM