Bad Neighbors & Morganna Update

Old September 27th 04, 04:01 AM
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Myself, I think Ginger-lyn did her best.

No, she didn't. This is not over yet.

Yes, she did. It's easy for you to say, you weren't there.

If it went wrong, it went wrong.

Oh, so in your book if something goes wrong you should just throw your
hands up and walk away instead of trying to make things right? That's
cowardly.

That isn't what I said.

I happen to think that Ginger-lyn did the best she thought at the time.

Giving people a guilt trip when they think
they've done the best they can isn't
helpful, Megan.

She hasn't even come close to doing the best she can, and I gave her a
pretty damn good reason not to give up and a way to prove the kitten is
indeed hers. It's amazingly sad and unfathomable that you, and
unfortunately many others here, who profess to be such cat lovers, are
so ready to just accept that this innocent kitten will get declawed
instead of holding Ginger-lyn accountable for ensuring that the welfare
of this animal comes first.

Ginger-lyn isn't accountable if this kitten get declawed. The only person
who is to blame for that is her new owner.

She has spent her posting time in this thread making excuses and
assumptions without lifting a finger to actually do anything. If she
spent as much time actually trying to get this kitten back as she does
boo-hooing on this newsgroup she might have accomplished something by
now. But it seems she's more than happy to allow this kitten to suffer
abuse *again* (she already did it to her once.)

I don't agree with you. If you feel so strongly about it, take steps to
adopt this kitten yourself.

I just don't get it. WTF is wrong with you people that you won't take a
stand and advocate for the welfare of this kitten? Why do you just say
nothing and defend the indefensible? You're more concerned with hurting
Ginger-lyn's feelngs than for a kitten that has been put in a situation
where she is likely going to be harmed for the second time? Don't you
get it? Wrong is wrong, even if you happen to like the perpetrator, and
defending the person doing wrong makes you complicit in the tragedy that
will befall this kitten if Ginger-lyn doesn't quit this tiresome
boo-hooing, get off of her ass and take action.

Like I said, adopt the kitten yourself.

It doesn't achieve anything, except to
make someone who is doing her best, feel
bad.

She SHOULD feel bad. She has failed this kitten TWICE now. It's still
not too late to do something, but you've made it clear that you've
already written this kitten off and you're nothing short of despicable
for doing so.

So I take it that you are prepared to adopt this kitten yourself.
Get real, Megan. No one on this group does other than their best for cats
as they see it.

Tweed.
Don't get me cross now.

Old September 27th 04, 04:13 AM
MaryL

wrote in message
Myself, I think Ginger-lyn did her best.

I don't agree with you. If you feel so strongly about it, take steps to
adopt this kitten yourself.

Tweed.
Don't get me cross now.

I have seen that remark ("adopt the cat yourself") made by others in the
past, and it is nonsensical. We can all try to help with our messages, but
none of us can simply set off across the country and adopt every cat that is
mentioned on the newsgroup. Megan has been in the cat rescue field for a
number of years, and she has adopted far more than most on these newsgroups;
but if we expect everyone to adopt a cat if they make suggestions or
comments -- even strong ones -- then the newsgroups would simply fold up or
become a source only for "feel good" (but not very helpful) messages.

MaryL

Old September 27th 04, 04:42 AM
Christina Websell

wrote in message
[...]

Megan may well have adopted cats, but in this case her comments weren't
useful, even inflammatory. To me anyway. I still support Ginger-lyn and am
prepared to argue about it, although I would really rather not.
Oh, please. I hate falling out.