Fun with Telemarketers (or in this case, survey takers)

Old November 25th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Fun with Telemarketers (or in this case, survey takers)

Got a call yesterday. They "just wondered" if I'd spare a few minutes to
answer some questions about pain relievers. Sure, no problem.

Three questions in it was obvious this was sponsored by Aleve. Do you take
Aleve? Out of the following pain relievers, which do you take the most?
Aleve? LOL

Please rate from 10 to 1, 10 being the highest, 1 being the lowest, the pain
reliever you use the most. Aleve? (By now I'm ROFL)

Being the b**ch that I am I had to interrupt the guy a few times with some
nonsensical commentary just so he'd lose his place in the script. (He
wasn't that good at reading, anyway). So right in the middle I asked where
he was calling from. Riverside, CA. Oh, really? I was born near there.
Ever been to Oceanside? Camp Pendleton? Um, no. How about Vista?
Escondido? Um, no. Do you have any pets? He said he has a dog. Oh, too
bad you're not a cat person. Dogs are nice but cats purr you right to
sleep. So does ALEVE. Any more questions?

Old November 25th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 25, 7:58 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

lol...

Topped only by the callers who say:

"Your phone number has been selected to receive a new Sprint Cell
Phone." Wow, my *phone* number won a new cell, whatever will my PHONE
NUMBER do with a Sprint cell phone?

"Huh? I don't understand." I bet you don't. However, I must
decline, please remove my number from your calling list.

"But ma'am, it's a free cell phone from Sprint." Yes? I don't care
for Sprint, thank you, please remove my number from your calling
list.

"Ma'am, you could give the phone to a friend for a gift." Oh? I
should give a cell phone, using a plan I can't abide, to a friend?
Am I trying to get rid of this friend? No? Well, no thank you,
please remove my number from your calling list.

"but ma'am, it's free..." What part of Remove. My. Number. From.
Your. Calling. List. Do you *not* understand?

"but aren't you..." Excuse me, Please do not call my number again.
Thank you. I'm hanging up now.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - I just had this conversation with someone
yesterday (for the 5th time, my number has been selected... well you
know)
Old November 25th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 25 Nov, 14:58, "jmcquown" wrote:
Got a call yesterday. They "just wondered" if I'd spare a few minutes to
answer some questions about pain relievers. Sure, no problem.....

I really messed with a Telemarketers head once. I currently live in my
grandmothers house and have her phone number as I never bothered
changing it when i took over the bill payments. My gran died in
November 2002 and the sales rep rang about 18 months after her
death...

The sales rep rang up and asked to speak to Mrs Mildred Miles (my
gran)... The conversation went something like this...

Sales rep: "Can I speak to Mrs Mildred Miles please?"
Me: "She's not here I'm afraid"
Sales Rep: "When will she be back and when *CAN* I speak to her?" (He
was actually quite rude)
Me: "What's it in relation to please?"
Sales Rep: "I can't disclose that as you're not Mrs Miles, but I'm
calling from xxxx will writing service"
Me: "Would you like me to take a message?"
Sales Rep: "Yes. Tell her to ring me on XXXX. When will she get the
message?"
Me: "Not for a while"
Sale rep: "How long will that be and will you pass it on?"
Me: "Well I can't guarantee she'll get it any time soon because you're
a little late with your call"
Sales Rep: "WHY??"
Me: "She's dead".
Sales Rep: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Well I *THINK* it was her body in the coffin we cremated 18
months ago..."

There was a dramatic pause and then the phone went dead. I realise
that sales reps have a job to do, but boy was this guy rude.

Made me feel better though

Helen M

Old November 25th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

"but ma'am, it's free..." What part of Remove. My. Number. From.
Your. Calling. List. Do you *not* understand?

"but aren't you..." Excuse me, Please do not call my number again.
Thank you. I'm hanging up now.

AAAAGGGHHH! I think my blood pressure went up slightly just from
reading this. I know they're just poorly paid workers reading from a
script, but when you tell someone "no, thank you" 5 times, and they
keep coming back with "but ma'am...", you just want to slap them.

Joyce
Old November 25th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 25, 3:24 pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

"but ma'am, it's free..." What part of Remove. My. Number. From.
Your. Calling. List. Do you *not* understand?

"but aren't you..." Excuse me, Please do not call my number again.
Thank you. I'm hanging up now.

AAAAGGGHHH! I think my blood pressure went up slightly just from
reading this. I know they're just poorly paid workers reading from a
script, but when you tell someone "no, thank you" 5 times, and they
keep coming back with "but ma'am...", you just want to slap them.

Joyce

Exactly! But looking back at it right now, it's kind of funny.
Considering the kind of day I had yesterday, finding any humo(u)r is a
good thing.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old November 25th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 3:24 pm, wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

"but ma'am, it's free..." What part of Remove. My. Number. From.
Your. Calling. List. Do you *not* understand?

"but aren't you..." Excuse me, Please do not call my number again.
Thank you. I'm hanging up now.

AAAAGGGHHH! I think my blood pressure went up slightly just from
reading this. I know they're just poorly paid workers reading from a
script, but when you tell someone "no, thank you" 5 times, and they
keep coming back with "but ma'am...", you just want to slap them.

Joyce

Exactly! But looking back at it right now, it's kind of funny.
Considering the kind of day I had yesterday, finding any humo(u)r is a
good thing.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Well, they are not allowed to give you permission to hang up. Its rough on
those with good manners who are used to an agreement with the other party
when they terminate a phone call.

They simply are not going to say "thank you for your time, sorry" and hang
up first because they would lose their jobs.

Jo

Old November 25th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Nov 25, 3:24 pm, wrote:

AAAAGGGHHH! I think my blood pressure went up slightly just from
reading this. I know they're just poorly paid workers reading from a
script, but when you tell someone "no, thank you" 5 times, and they
keep coming back with "but ma'am...", you just want to slap them.

Exactly! But looking back at it right now, it's kind of funny.
Considering the kind of day I had yesterday, finding any humo(u)r is a
good thing.

Well, they are not allowed to give you permission to hang up. Its rough on
those with good manners who are used to an agreement with the other party
when they terminate a phone call.

They simply are not going to say "thank you for your time, sorry" and hang
up first because they would lose their jobs.

Well, and in fact, my mother had a series of telemarketing jobs, each
of which ended in her being fired for inadequate sales. When I asked her
why she did so poorly, she said, "Whenever someone said they weren't
interested, I would just say 'OK, thanks, then' and hang up." LOL, my
mother was just too respectful a person to be a successful salesperson!

Joyce
Old November 25th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

ohhhh another person who loves telemarketers. I usually get the ones
selling car insurance. I let them spiel for a bit and then ask "does you
insurance cover people over 60, yes, good how about blind drivers" Umm
maman is there an adult there that drives? Nope, my car, my insurance and
my title. good night young man!!!

Old November 25th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 25, 3:32 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
Please tell me you are on the don call list

IF you are go to the web page and file a complaint

They aren't selling anything, so it doesn't qualify. I already tried
that (and yes, I am on the list).

know)- Hide quoted text -

Old November 25th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 25, 4:12 pm, "Granby" wrote:
ohhhh another person who loves telemarketers. I usually get the ones
selling car insurance. I let them spiel for a bit and then ask "does you
insurance cover people over 60, yes, good how about blind drivers" Umm
maman is there an adult there that drives? Nope, my car, my insurance and
my title. good night young man!!!

Oooh, I love that one. Before the Do Not Call List, I used to get rid
of them with, "Do you have a moment so I might tell you about my
personal relationship with Jesus?". They always hung up on that (tee-
hee).

still no takers? Irulan Cat anecdotes 5 July 12th 07 02:35 AM
Something's up with my cat...takers? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 November 18th 06 08:36 AM
Pet Survey Zoom Cat anecdotes 0 September 1st 06 11:30 PM
Pet Survey Zoom Cats - misc 0 September 1st 06 11:28 PM
Cat water fountain--no takers k conover Cat health & behaviour 24 June 2nd 04 07:38 AM