Bad morning

Old January 8th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Bad morning

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

My aching rib made sleep difficult through the night, I tried to touch
Lyle
this morning (first attemp in a week) and he ran away crying for his
brother and then I see this on the way to work: One cat huddles under a
car and clearly a littermate dead in the road. That was bad enough but
after I passed I saw the cat under the car go out to the other cat trying
to get it to respond. It's 5:45 when I get into my office and I am
already
in a rotten mood.

Try not to think about it too much. It is rare that I see a cat killed by
traffic on my commute to work, maybe two in 17 years but it always upsets
me.
I used to think about the uneaten breakfast and the owners searching.
I had to stop doing that.
Just concentrate on your new boys.

Tweed

Old January 8th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Outsider wrote:

Maybe I should not have posted this. It was bad enough me seeing it
without sharing it with others.

Of course you should. We can share the burden. Purrs for both the killed
and the surviving cat.

Old January 8th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Baldoni wrote:
Nobody killed the cat on purpose though did they ?

You can never be sure, sadly some people do just that.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 8th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Takayuki wrote:
"Adrian" wrote:
Purrs for something to brighten your day. Purrs for the cat that
lost its friend and a candle lit for the one that went to the
bridge. :-(

I was very sad for you when Baggy lost Milo too.

I often think about Milo, it's hard to believe I lost him 4½ years ago.
:-( Baggy sometimes trys to get Shadow to play with him, Shadow just looks
confused.

Old January 8th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
"Adrian" wrote:
Purrs for something to brighten your day. Purrs for the cat that
lost its friend and a candle lit for the one that went to the
bridge. :-(

I was very sad for you when Baggy lost Milo too.

I often think about Milo, it's hard to believe I lost him 4½ years ago.
:-( Baggy sometimes trys to get Shadow to play with him, Shadow just looks
confused.

Aw, I hope Shadow learns to play! At least it doesn't sound like he is
aggressive towards Baggy.

What happened to Milo was a huge shock. Hard to believe it's been so long.

Old January 8th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Takayuki wrote in
news
Outsider wrote:
My aching rib made sleep difficult through the night, I tried to touch
Lyle this morning (first attemp in a week) and he ran away crying for
his brother and then I see this on the way to work: One cat huddles
under a car and clearly a littermate dead in the road. That was bad
enough but after I passed I saw the cat under the car go out to the
other cat trying to get it to respond. It's 5:45 when I get into my
office and I am already in a rotten mood.

That's so sad! Poor little surviving kitty! I'm sure you'll be
giving your pair lots of cuddles (once they allow it).

You know I thought of _them_ right away.

Old January 8th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

My aching rib made sleep difficult through the night, I tried to
touch Lyle
this morning (first attemp in a week) and he ran away crying for his
brother and then I see this on the way to work: One cat huddles
under a car and clearly a littermate dead in the road. That was bad
enough but after I passed I saw the cat under the car go out to the
other cat trying to get it to respond. It's 5:45 when I get into my
office and I am already
in a rotten mood.

Try not to think about it too much. It is rare that I see a cat
killed by traffic on my commute to work, maybe two in 17 years but it
always upsets me.
I used to think about the uneaten breakfast and the owners searching.
I had to stop doing that.
Just concentrate on your new boys.

Tweed

I am trying. They are keeping me busy.

Andy

Old January 12th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Outsider wrote:

My aching rib made sleep difficult through the night, I tried to touch Lyle
this morning (first attemp in a week) and he ran away crying for his
brother and then I see this on the way to work: One cat huddles under a
car and clearly a littermate dead in the road. That was bad enough but
after I passed I saw the cat under the car go out to the other cat trying
to get it to respond. It's 5:45 when I get into my office and I am already
in a rotten mood.

Andy

I'm so very sorry.
Lots of purrs,