Snow zoomie video

Old January 9th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Snow zoomie video

GaDragonfly wrote:

lol! How cute. Barnabus will be happy to see his winkwink is the one
doing the chasing. I wonder what Caliban heard that caused him to
stop so suddenly and go into radar mode? Whatever, it was cute.

Heh, I think he was supposed to chase Mir, but then he forgot what he
was doing. That seems to happen to him a lot.

Old January 9th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Snow zoomie video prologue

This happened before I shot the above vid. The cats were rushing back
and forth, in and out, and it's too dark inside my flat to get good
footage, so I just got short clips of when their zoomies outside:

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MVI_0616.flv

or

http://tinyurl.com/yofl7v

Old January 9th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Had one of those at work today. It didn't help to have the executive
staff standing just outside the switch room demanding updates every 5
minutes (What went wrong; what are you doing to fix it; how are you
going to keep it from ever happening again)!

That seems to be a pretty universal problem in the IT industry. When
something goes belly-up here at the phone company ISP group, we can count
on at least one, sometimes up to 4, upper-level managers standing
around our floor looking over our shoulders, interrupting constantly to
ask what we're doing, why we *allowed* it to happen in the first place,
etc.

Don't you just love it?

Dan
Old January 9th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

Had one of those at work today. It didn't help to have the executive
staff standing just outside the switch room demanding updates every 5
minutes (What went wrong; what are you doing to fix it; how are you
going to keep it from ever happening again)!

That seems to be a pretty universal problem in the IT industry. When
something goes belly-up here at the phone company ISP group, we can count
on at least one, sometimes up to 4, upper-level managers standing
around our floor looking over our shoulders, interrupting constantly to
ask what we're doing, why we *allowed* it to happen in the first place,
etc.

Don't you just love it?

IT: When you fix something, you're God. But if you have trouble or take
"too" long to fix it, you become the punching bag. That is *not* a job I
would want...

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Old January 9th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:09:06 -0600, Daniel Mahoney
wrote:

That seems to be a pretty universal problem in the IT industry. When
something goes belly-up here at the phone company ISP group, we can count
on at least one, sometimes up to 4, upper-level managers standing
around our floor looking over our shoulders, interrupting constantly to
ask what we're doing, why we *allowed* it to happen in the first place,
etc.

Yep. I know what you mean. The best example that I have seen is when I
was working in a control center (phone company). A fellow tech was
working on trouble where the entire switch was down, town was isolated.
He had the tech in central office and Tier 2 support on the line trying
to get it back up. The third level manager was standing over his
shoulder firing off questions and suggestions. My co-worker finally
laid down the phone and politely said, "I can listen to them, or I can
listen to you. Which do your prefer?" The manager backed off. A
smattering of applause came from across the room, but it abruptly
stopped when the manager turned around. Who me?? g

And back on the original subject, Caliban sure can work those ears. I
don't think I've ever saw any of ours do it quite like that.

L.
Old January 10th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Marina wrote:

Friends?

Of course! Guess my stress just ran into yours. No biggie!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 10th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Had one of those at work today. It didn't help to have the executive
staff standing just outside the switch room demanding updates every 5
minutes (What went wrong; what are you doing to fix it; how are you
going to keep it from ever happening again)!

That seems to be a pretty universal problem in the IT industry. When
something goes belly-up here at the phone company ISP group, we can count
on at least one, sometimes up to 4, upper-level managers standing
around our floor looking over our shoulders, interrupting constantly to
ask what we're doing, why we *allowed* it to happen in the first place,
etc.

Don't you just love it?

Dan

At least it pays the bills. C'mon retirement! But it's a few years off
yet.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 12th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
OK, I only caught the tail end of the zoomie, then Caliban stopped to try
and pick up a message from the Mothership (see his ears swivel):

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MVI_0617.flv

or

http://tinyurl.com/yq2c5l

Fabulous! I love all the little pawprints all over the enclosure.