playing catch???

Old January 10th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bostic1212

Default playing catch???

My seven month old kitten Maximus loves to play catch. He will constantly
bring me hair ties and when i throw them, he chases them down and brings them
right back to me. He could go forever. I was wondering if anyone else's cat
does this? It's the most adorable thing ever, and Max keeps me pretty busy
when I watch the T.V. It's like having the best of both worlds : cat and
dog!!!

Old January 10th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when bostic1212 wrote:
My seven month old kitten Maximus loves to play catch.
I was wondering if anyone else's cat does this?

Presto (RB) used to play with a little football. I would roll it to him
and he would swat it back to me.

When he was a kitten, he would sometimes chase the ball to me, batting it
back on course. As he got older, his accuracy improved so he could just lay
down and swat the ball directly to me (that, or he just got lazy - big
grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old January 10th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

None of my three do this. They grab what I throw and run with it. When I
move the sectional to clean, they will grab their toys and run with them
too.

Old January 10th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

bostic1212 wrote:
My seven month old kitten Maximus loves to play catch. He will constantly
bring me hair ties and when i throw them, he chases them down and brings them
right back to me. He could go forever. I was wondering if anyone else's cat
does this? It's the most adorable thing ever, and Max keeps me pretty busy
when I watch the T.V. It's like having the best of both worlds : cat and
dog!!!

Nikki used to do that. We had a routine every evening where she'd bring
me a toy in bed and then we would play catch for a while. Then she would
decide she'd had enough and curl up on my legs to sleep.

Miranda fetches her string. It's harder to throw, though, than a ball or
mousie.

Old January 10th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

bostic1212 wrote:
My seven month old kitten Maximus loves to play catch. He will constantly
bring me hair ties and when i throw them, he chases them down and brings them
right back to me. He could go forever. I was wondering if anyone else's cat
does this?

I've had two cats do this- Fugazi (RB) was very fond of the game and we
thought she was pretty unusual until we got Sarrasine who goes one better,
she brings whatever was thrown back and drops it into my outstretched hand so
I can throw it again

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 10th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

My seven month old kitten Maximus loves to play catch. He will constantly
bring me hair ties and when i throw them, he chases them down and brings them
right back to me. He could go forever. I was wondering if anyone else's cat
does this? It's the most adorable thing ever, and Max keeps me pretty busy
when I watch the T.V. It's like having the best of both worlds : cat and
dog!!!

My Muriel used to do that with 120 film spools - I'd bowl them down the
hallway and she'd bring them back to me. After a while she'd meet me
at the door when I came in from work, with a small pile of spools ready
and drop one at my feet... you know what to do, get on with it...

Old January 10th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

My Muriel used to do that with 120 film spools - I'd bowl them down the
hallway and she'd bring them back to me. After a while she'd meet me
at the door when I came in from work, with a small pile of spools ready
and drop one at my feet... you know what to do, get on with it...

That's so cute!! That's a smart cat.

Joyce
Old January 12th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 02:15:40 GMT, "bostic1212" u40546@uwe wrote:

My seven month old kitten Maximus loves to play catch. He will constantly
bring me hair ties and when i throw them, he chases them down and brings them
right back to me. He could go forever. I was wondering if anyone else's cat
does this? It's the most adorable thing ever, and Max keeps me pretty busy
when I watch the T.V. It's like having the best of both worlds : cat and
dog!!!

My Sammy favorite game used to be fetch - played with plastic bottle
caps. When she was younger, like your Maximus, she would go on
forever. Now that she's getting close to 8 years old, 15 minutes is a
LONG game, and usually she only plays for a couple minutes before the
game is over.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,