Tracking Ones Cat

Old April 26th 05, 11:33 PM
Sandra28

Default Tracking Ones Cat

Hello,

My brother has a cat that has strayed and gone away for 2 days.

He was wondering if it was possible to use a radio tracking device on
his cat and if so are there any companies that you could recommend
for finding out where ones Cat has strayed too???

Much Love,

Sandra
Old April 27th 05, 12:12 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Sandra28 wrote:
Hello,

My brother has a cat that has strayed and gone away for 2 days.

He was wondering if it was possible to use a radio tracking device on
his cat and if so are there any companies that you could recommend
for finding out where ones Cat has strayed too???

Much Love,

Sandra

I saw a website a while back, where people were seling radio-tlelmetry
devices for people to track their pets - similar to those things naturalists
use to track whatever animal it is they are studying at the time. Pet wears
a collar with a transmitter on it, and owner has a handheld device that
tunes in to the signal the collar emits. They even had multiple-collar
units for multiple-pet owners. I looked again for the site, but it's been
too long and it's dropped out of my browser's history, and Goggle didn't
find it either (or else I didn't look hard enough).

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old April 27th 05, 03:35 AM
KellyH

"Sandra28" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

My brother has a cat that has strayed and gone away for 2 days.

He was wondering if it was possible to use a radio tracking device on
his cat and if so are there any companies that you could recommend
for finding out where ones Cat has strayed too???

I haven't heard of anything like that. But, I do want to add one thing to
the advice others have given you.
When my cat went missing, I talked to as many people as I could in the
neighborhood, and gave them fliers with a picture of my cat. This was
instrumental in me getting him back. One of my neighbors spotted him over a
month after he disappeared. I set a trap in that area, and the next day, I
had him. If my neighbors hadn't been on the lookout, he might not be here
today.

--
-Kelly

Old April 27th 05, 07:42 AM
-L.

KellyH wrote:

I haven't heard of anything like that. But, I do want to add one

thing to
the advice others have given you.
When my cat went missing, I talked to as many people as I could in

the
neighborhood, and gave them fliers with a picture of my cat. This

was
instrumental in me getting him back. One of my neighbors spotted him

over a
month after he disappeared. I set a trap in that area, and the next

day, I
had him. If my neighbors hadn't been on the lookout, he might not be

here
today.

--
-Kelly

We had a similar incident - my neighhbors were babysitting a cat and it
ran away. About 6 weks later, someone spotted it at a park nearby -
and they were able to catch it. The fliers are what did the trick. I
think *everyone* in the 'hood was looking for that cat!

-L.