Mini the d-thing pwns Captain, Round 2

Old July 23rd 10, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

Default Mini the d-thing pwns Captain, Round 2

It's been about ten weeks since Mini the Chihuahua came to live with
us, and the Resident Pair of Cats (TM) still give her stares like
she's something from Mars. They get along with her, for the most part,
but they still appear to be trying to figure out what in heck she IS.

Captain and Stanley, both cats who are firmly committed to staying in
the In, like to sniff Mini when we come back from a walk in the Out.
Or at least, Captain USED to like sniffing Mini until a few weeks ago,
when we returned from a walk in the rain. Mini shook herself dry,
right in Captain's face, and he ran away from the water-emitting
Martian that just sprayed droplets all over him.

It's taken him the better part of a month to gradually start
approaching the dog after walks again. I fear that tonight, we
suffered a setback.

See, there was Captain, bravely standing nose-to-nose with Mini,
immediately after we came in the door. The Martian promptly sneezed,
loudly and vigorously, right in his face. Captain beat a hasty retreat
to the far end of the first floor.

Poor Captain. The poor kitty can't win.

Donna, Captain, Stanley, and Mini
Old July 23rd 10, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gabey8 wrote:

[...]

That was hilarious! I'm still giggling (much to Roxy's annoyance).

And here we thought cats were the aliens.

Joyce

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old July 24th 10, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On Jul 23, 2:26*am, wrote:
Gabey8 wrote:

[...]

The kicker is that Mini has absolutely no idea that she's flummoxing
Captain so terribly when she does these things. It's just that one
moment he's in front of her, the next moment he's in the next room,
and she is blissfully unaware that it's because she shook water on him
or sneezed.

Also, sometimes she bops the cats in the head with her wagging tail.
She doesn't even notice it's happening. That's usually when they get
that "What planet is that creature from?" expression on their faces.
The cats still can't believe I let an animal in the house. ;-)

Donna, Captain, Stanley, and Mini

The round up. NettieCat Cat anecdotes 13 May 20th 10 10:58 AM
Captain and Stanley here, none too sure about this "sister" thing Gabey8[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 May 8th 10 03:30 AM
Another Round Of UTI Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 47 March 6th 05 10:17 PM
Welcome home, Captain and Stanley! Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 14 January 24th 05 03:07 AM
Fur Captain Pine Cone Cap'n Pine Cone esq. Cat anecdotes 1 August 21st 03 11:44 PM