Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 10th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!!

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:02:10 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

Fingers crossed, purr motors revved

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Not really news as such but when my OH went to do the water bowls today he
noticed the food we left last night had not been touched. Perhaps she
wanders to the other end of the woods at night after the lady sees her at
9.30? I don't know what to think anymore. We are going to set the trap
around 9pm when its cooler and starting to turn dark. Then we sit and wait

Sharon

Maybe a trap where the lady seen her also?

Prayer / purrs on way.

Old July 10th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 3:32 pm, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:

Will update when I have more news.

Fingers crossed, purr motors revved

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Not really news as such but when my OH went to do the water bowls today he
noticed the food we left last night had not been touched. Perhaps she
wanders to the other end of the woods at night after the lady sees her at
9.30? I don't know what to think anymore. We are going to set the trap
around 9pm when its cooler and starting to turn dark. Then we sit and
wait ....

Sharon

I see your post everyday and say a little get your furry butt home prayer
for you all

Old July 10th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Joy" wrote:
That sounds very encouraging. By tomorrow, I hope to see a post reading
"Smudgie is Found!"

Really, really sharing that sentiment with you!
Old July 11th 10, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

Purrs and prayers continuing.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Thank you. Well we sat and waited, and waited, but nothing. I suppose it
would have been unlikely we trapped her on the first try anyway. I got up at
5 this morning and had a wander through the woods but all I saw was a deer
(which was great nonetheless). We are trying the trap again tonight but I
will also try scattering some of her litter in the area close to it too. Not
sure where I read it now (I've been on hundreds of missing pet websites in
the last week or so!) but apparently the smell of her own litter should
over-ride any smells of wildlife to her nose. Worth a try.

Good news soon I hope!
Thank you for all the continuing purrs.
Sharon

Old July 11th 10, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:52:45 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

[...]

I hope you weren't waiting within sight of the trap(s), because I think
that would most likely keep Smudgie AWAY from the trap, unfortunately.

Smudgie is very scared right now, and is trying to avoid people.

So, if she sees, or even hears you, she may stay out of sight, and not
come near the trap, with the food in it that she badly needs

So I would recommend setting the trap(s) in the woods, baited with ham,
tuna or sardines, and going away. Then, check the trap(s) every few
hours.

Good luck, and the purrs continue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100711-1, 07/11/2010
Tested on: 7/11/2010 1:50:23 PM

Old July 12th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Purrs and praywrs for you and your dh coming from me too. Love, Kyla

purring for her and praying for you and your dh, Lee
"Sharon & Smudgie"

Old July 12th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!! ~Sharon~

Sharon, did you find Smudgie yet??? I checked for a post and found
nothing... Please update us.....

Old July 12th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

"pat Chlebowski" wrote in message
Sharon, did you find Smudgie yet??? I checked for a post and found
nothing... Please update us.....

Hi Pat

Sorry I didn't update yesterday but I had no news and I was so upset about
it all I probably would have posted some "woe is me" thing and made myself
look stupid! But, today was a new day and it would now appear Smudgie is in
2 places at once! A lady who lives next to the allotments at our side of
the estate swears that Smudgie has been hanging around the flats there for
food for the past few nights. I figured that made sense, it's nearer to home
and literally less than 50 paces from where her collar was found. I felt
better thinking she was there and with 5 old ladies on "cat lookout" from
their windows every evening we would find her in no time. The trapping at
the woods hadn't helped and the lady dog walker hadn't seen Smudgie in the
wood since Thursday. So, we wandered around the allotment and spoke to a
few of the gardeners there and 2 of them said they had seen a cat matching
her description hanging around there recently. We found no sign of her so
made our way home and then got a call from "dog walker lady" saying she had
seen her just that minute going into the woods! We rushed there but were
totally unprepared and had forgotten the torch etc So, it is possible
Smudgie is wandering from the allotments to the woods but it's a half mile
trek and so I am assuming it's 2 different cats that are being sighted.
Dilema - which one is Smudgie, if either? Both the lady by the allotments
and "dog walker lady" claim they saw her at the same time on Thursday
evening. When "dog walker lady" rang she said Smudgie had been sitting
under a parked car but Smudgie was always so scared of cars, but was that
just at home and now something has changed? "Dog walker lady" is a vet
nurse, and carries Smudgie's photo everywhere so maybe I should trust her
judgement when she says it's Smudgie?

I really can't figure this one out, and of course I've not seen either cat
so have no idea if Smudgie is one of them or not!

Off to bed, brain hurts lol
Thanks you for all the continuing purrs

Sharon