Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 13th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!!

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
Finally it's all coming together!

Firstly, Tweed you were so absolutely correct when you said something was
fishy about the collar business!

Secondly, Im so angry right now but here goes .....

As those of you who have been following this thread will know, the collar
was returned to me on the first Saturday after Smudgie ran off by a guy who
"found it that minute outside his house at 123 Street Road". So, we
concentrated on that area for almost a week - putting out food and water and
calling and putting up posters but nothing. But, she HAD been in the area
so was most likely still there. We even had people living nearby trawling
the streets looking for her. We ruined out fence by making a hole in it too!

Then on Thursday of last week I had the call from a lady who lives near the
woods who had seen the article in the paper, which led us to looking on the
woods on the Friday, when we met "dog walker lady" (I must find out her
name!) who said she had seen a cat she believed to be Smudgie for the past
few evenings in the woods. I figured ok, she has made her way along there
and so it's quite possibly her but I hadn't seen her for myself so didn't
know for sure. So, we walked, called, left food and water in the woods too
and sat for hours with the trap set.

Today I went to my M-I-L's house to borrow an unused fishing net thinking it
might be a good way to catch Smudgie if she is hiding in shrubs and likely
to run for it if anyone gets too close. Anyway, I get to M-I-L's house and
her friend is there. The friend then tells me of how she thinks her son was
the one who "returned the collar to us on Thursday after finding it outside
his house first thing on the Thursday morning, amongst a huge pile of white
fur, after hearing cats fighting". When I asked where he lives she tells me
"321 Road Street", so I tell her no it must be a huge coincidence and she
then describes the "bright pink collar with the address written around it".
I'm now thinking "hmm this doesn't add up". So I come home and re-charge my
brain and it all fits into place...

This man found the collar on Thursday morning but didn't return it us until
the Saturday lunchtime. He feels guilty for having it so long so he makes
up an address (which happens to be a "Sold" house just around the corner).
Now, in all fairness this man's wife is very ill and I am sorry for that,
but, because of his lying my poor cat has been out in the woods, probably
injured in some way, for almost 2 bl**dy weeks, slowly getting hungrier
because he bl**dy lied! We had been searching in totally the wrong place
wasting days and days because of this bl**dy stupid man! Oh, I am so angry
I just want to scream. If only he hadn't lied, or even just left the collar
on our doorstep! We would have widened the search much earlier. The only
good thing is that now we can just concentrate on the woods and hopefully
can find her before anything bad happens to her. I wouldn't want to be him
if we do find her too late!

I haven't been this angry in years!

Sharon

I understand your frustration. However, I simply cannot understand the
man lying about the collar unless he is not a "normal" person. IMHO if
he didn't care about pets, he simply would have ignored the whole thing.

One other thing to think about. Perhaps someone has taken her in and
wants to keep her. When my Princess (Siamese RB 16) adopted me, she
had been "on the lam" for a long time./ It was the end of August and
she still had her heavy winter coat. I tried every way knew to find
her owner for 3 months without success. I decided to keep her and had a
wonderful pet for 14 years. The same thing had happened years before
with my dog, Rex. I had him also for 14 years. Wherever Smudgie is,
I hope for her wellbeing. Don't give up yet. Our Ginger tom
disappeared for 3 weeks years ago but eventually came home. Best wishes
and calming purrs for you MLB
Old July 13th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

I sure understand your anger!

But don't give up hope yet. If Sammy (who is a major wuss) can be missing
for 3 months and return home in good shape, just very thin, then Smudgie
can too. We're still keeping the purrs and prayers coming.

Dan
Old July 13th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

MLB wrote:
Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

I forgot to mention that TuTu, my present companion, was a "rescue" She
was found wandering and starving as a young cat and taken to a rescue
organization. I found her at Petsmart when they put her up for
adoption. I have had her now for over twelve and a half years.
Old July 13th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

[...]

Sorry, I have calmed down a bit now! I know she is still in the woods
because the "dog walker lady" rang us last night to say she was looking at
her and would watch her until we got there, then she got spooked and ran
into the woods literally 2 minutes before we arrived

With the guy, if he had said "look, Im sorry I couldn't come before but I
found this Thursday outside my house at ....." then I would have known to
look in that area immediately instead of wasting days looking in the wrong
place. Yes, he could have simply not brought the collar back but then we
would have widened the search and put the posters up nearer to where she
actually was a lot earlier. He in effect delayed our searching the correct
area by almost a week.

Still, I have my net, am meeting up with the "dog walker lady" at 9 and have
a really good feeling today

Sharon

Old July 13th 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

That is horrible. Purrs for you and purrs that he survives your next
meeting. Well, maybe not so much on the last.

Old July 13th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

Sending heartfelt purrs and will continue as long as needed. MLB
Old July 13th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:17:38 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

[...]

Have you thought about offering a reward for her return??

Just a thought.

Old July 13th 10, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
how about purrs she doesn't get convicted of anything too bad after their
next meeting, Lee

LOL, yeah he wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley Well, what is done
is done and I just need to get over it.

I am offering a reward Kraut and have put that on the posters. At the end
of the day I have decided that if someone finds her then they will get a
reward but "Dog Walker Lady" is going to get £100 anyway (I'd give her more
if I could afford to!). I found out tonight her name is Kylie and she walks
her dog through the woods 3 times a day looking for Smudgie! I think I
mentioned she works in a vet clinic, well she has registered her as missing
there too (it's a different town from us) and has put out a report with the
RSPCA that if Smudgie is found by them, she is to be taken straight there.
Kylie is the other person who keeps me going along with you guys. She has
even been wearing a long sleeved top in this hot weather in case she sees
her and can get the chance to grab her. Kylie is allergic to cat bites and
scratches but said "what the heck, I really want to get her for you". My
faith in human nature is back up to 100% and I can go to bed resting a tiny
bit easier knowing that Smudgie has the best Guardian Angel called Kylie and
her lovely dog Roxy looking out for her. Oh, also I said about Smudgie
looking thin, Kylie said she is very thin but not emaciated and I should not
worry at least for the next few days Turns out the food I have been
leaving is being eaten by 2 Jack Russells whos owner lets them run around
the woods on their own!

Time to get my tired bum to bed, can't wait til Smudgie is hogging my side
of the duvet again.

Night guys, thanks a million
Sharon