Momma cat looks for kittens

Old September 10th 05, 12:25 PM
.oO rach Oo.

Default Momma cat looks for kittens

A friend of mine has a cat that had kittens a while back... 6 to be exact.
They all got to the age where they went off to their various homes (all but
two which she is keeping). The mother cat wandered around the first day
meowing for the kittens but is still doing it at 5 am each day now (a week
and a half later) Is there anything to make this easier for the cat or is it
just a matter of time?

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old September 10th 05, 01:17 PM
Sandra

Perhaps a Felaway? diffuser would help? Others have suggested them for
distressed/ hyper cats.

--
Sandra

Old September 10th 05, 02:20 PM
.oO rach Oo.

THANK YOU! I had totally forgotten about that and I have one here!

Thanks again!

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old September 10th 05, 03:26 PM
Barb

Could a visit be arranged with the kittens in their new home?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old September 10th 05, 03:47 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I'm not sure. Two kittens went to a guy we work with so that would be
possible but the other two went to workmate's family members. I will mention
this though

She says the kittens she is keeping could care less. They are getting into
all sorts of mischief and still have the mother cat run off her feet.
Apparently the mother likes them to eat at certain times and sleep at
certain times and the kittens aren't listening. The similarities to humans
never cease to amaze me.

--
..oO rach Oo.

o.verio.net...

Old September 11th 05, 03:59 AM
Snittens

"Rhonda" wrote in message
How old are the kittens? I wonder if they were taken a bit too young.

Rhonda

I was wondering that too. My experience has been one momma cat seemed like
she was anxious to have the kittens go, but most don't really appear to
notice, if they do, it only lasts a day or so.
Is she scheduled to be spayed soon? That might help too.

-Kelly

Old September 11th 05, 02:40 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I can't remember how old the kittens are... we were supposed to take one but
when I found out I was pregnant my husband said two cats we already have are
enough. I am almost positive it was almost two months ago. I am sure too
they are spaying her.

--
..oO rach Oo.

"Snittens" wrote in message
news

Old September 11th 05, 10:37 PM
FirstHit

..oO rach Oo. wrote:
A friend of mine has a cat that had kittens a while back... 6 to be exact.
They all got to the age where they went off to their various homes (all but
two which she is keeping). The mother cat wandered around the first day
meowing for the kittens but is still doing it at 5 am each day now (a week
and a half later) Is there anything to make this easier for the cat or is it
just a matter of time?

How old were the little guys when they were sent off?

FirstHit

Old September 12th 05, 01:24 AM
.oO rach Oo.

I think they were about two months old? I am not 100% sure. They went by
what their vet suggested.

--
..oO rach Oo.

"FirstHit" wrote in message