ping Yowie

Old June 15th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

Default ping Yowie

I have to ask...what's a Yowie? I remember reading 'We are Here' the thread
about the wonderful gathering of some 20 people from here in Flordia, and
someone said they had a Yowie with them, but wished it was the real you.
I looked again and If I'm reading it right it was Pam and this was written
(copied and pasted from that thread)
I noticed a Yowie
that Yowie sent me back a few (8 or so) years ago. I figured that we
need a Yowie at the party, so I brought the one I could. I wish I
could bring the human Yowie in as well."

Could you enlighten me please? Sounds like some of stuffed toy?
I was reading that one thread that got all out of sorts with me using a
certain word,
and I remember when my oldest daughter whas 2 she was throwing a temper
tantrum and flailing herself on the floor screaming, etc, so I went into the
kitchen, drew a glas of cool water and slowly poured it over her head, which
snapped her out of it right away, no harm done. Then she got hugs and
kisses from me.
This was 39 years ago.
Give the Yowlet a big hug from his Auntie Kyla..he is so adorable.
Hug and thanks
Kyla
--who is so happy for all the people at the Gathering.
They are having SO much fun.

Old June 15th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
[...]

"Yowie" is Australian version of the US "Bigfoot", Canadian "Sasquatch",
and Himalayan "Yeti"....

Victoria chose "Yowie" as her user name as she is a tall woman... close
to 6 foot(US), if I recall correctly....

Anyway our Aussie friend Yowie sent Pam a toy "Yowie" when she was in
hospital a while back...

Am I right in all this?

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 15th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"Magic Mood Jeep ©"
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info
That was really sweet of her to do that.
Yeah, we have Bigfoot haunting the hills where I live.
Now, may I ask, what's with Bunny ?
Having a bad hare day G
It sounds funny. Well, here ya go then.
Love yer page BTW
Hug
Kyla ^..^

Old June 15th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I would have found it much harder to describe a "Yowie" Seems the
definition would change with the event of life. A Yowie is a good thing in
this case!

Old June 15th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

Apparently so
Hug
Kyla ^..^
"Granby"

Old June 15th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

I have to ask...what's a Yowie?

"Yowie" is Australian version of the US "Bigfoot", Canadian "Sasquatch",
and Himalayan "Yeti"....

And here I thought a Yowie was a "funny cigarette"... I must be thinking
of Maui Wowie. And no, I haven't been smoking any. This is my brain on
menopause.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 15th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

bastXXXette
Magic Mood Jeep
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

I have to ask...what's a Yowie?

"Yowie" is Australian version of the US "Bigfoot", Canadian "Sasquatch",
and Himalayan "Yeti"....

And here I thought a Yowie was a "funny cigarette"... I must be thinking
of Maui Wowie. And no, I haven't been smoking any. This is my brain on
menopause.

Ah yes, I was in Hawaii 32 years ago, that''s where I met DH.
He moved there from Calif and I fled my bad marriage, etc
and went to Hawaii
I'm the same way, I'm going through 'mental-pause' as I like to call it.
And the chain breaks on my 'mood swing' alot too.
I'm told I'm 'post-menopausal', whatever that means.
But my ovaries are still working even tho I had the 'operation' when I was
27.
(36 years ago)
Wished they'd taken them out too.
Hug
Kyla
--hates those hot flashes
Full Moon tomorrow BTW

Old June 15th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

"hopitus"
Years ago from Vicky's posts I gathered a Yowie is some kind ofAustralian
candy bar or sweet wrapped food treat....could be it has a pic of
Jeep's hairy bigfoot on its wrapper, I dunno, never having seen one. Let's
see what our friend in Oz has to say about Yowies.....

Yes, let's do that. She is such a sweetheart
and so are you
BTW, what hospital do you work in MileHigh?
I remember my grandma living 2 blocks from Denver General when I was a kid.
I was born and raised there, (1945-1976) moved to Seattle in 76 via Hawaii.
Made a visit to see my young kids back in 1980 right after Mt Saint Helens
blew, and it was SO hot. We went to Elitch Gardens and didn't last long.
LOL
Is that place still around?
Hug
Kyla
--who doesn't want to re-live her horrible 12 year whatever that made me
have a breakdown & lose custody to ex. :/

Old June 15th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
[...]

Ok.

Back in 6th grade, that is, when I was 11, some boys teased me about my
height (I was very tall even then) by calling me 'Sasquatch'. I didn't know
what that word mean at the time, but knew it wasn't nice, and chased the
boys (which I think is what they wanted to do - I didn't figure that sort of
thing out till a bit later).

Much later, I was told the tale and my confusion over the word 'Sasquatch'
to my then boyfriend, who explained it was like Bigfoot, Yeti or our
Bunyip. From that point on, one of his nicknames for me was "Bunyipkins".

Somewhere in my net travels and a long time ago, there used to be a site
called "Bigfoot". I tried to sign up as "Bunyip" but it was taken.
Remembering that we also have the Yowie, a sort of swamp equivalent of the
forest dwelling Bunyip / Yeti / Sasquatch, I used "Yowie" instead and the
rest is history (regarding my 'net name, anyway)

More recently, Cadbury chocolates in Australia produced the Yowie range for
kids. Along the lines of KinderSurprises, there was a toy of a Native
Australian Animal inside each chocolate Yowie. These became very popular and
some plushie toys were made of each type of Yowie that Cadbury produced.
Since I have always wanted to visit Pam, but suspect I'll never get there in
person, I sent one of the Yowie plushies instead. Cadbury stopped supoprting
the Yowie line in 2005 and they are now collectables. Being inthe USA, Pam
has in her possession a very rare toy which would be worth something in the
collector market.

Hope that explains things.

Yowie

PING YOWIE Pat Cat anecdotes 0 November 9th 06 11:32 PM
PING YOWIE Matthew aka NMR Cat anecdotes 17 May 25th 06 04:19 PM
Ping Yowie CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 April 16th 05 02:00 AM
Ping: Yowie Stacey Cat anecdotes 48 August 18th 03 11:47 PM