CInder doesn't like it when I sneeze...??

Old July 5th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix

Default CInder doesn't like it when I sneeze...??

Cinder, who is the slightly neurotic desk-cat whose territory is my
workspace (she sits next to me, or on top of the laptop (external
keyboard and montior, natch) while I am at the 'puter. Since I work from
home 2 days a week, and am the computer regularly when I'm not working
anyway, she gets a lot of my time and attention.

Lately, she has started complaining whenever I sneeze. Does anyone
else's cat do that?

I sneeze, and she makes this noise that is a combination of "growl" and
"chitter", kind of like a machine gun. Every time I sneeze. Which can
get interesting when I have those sneezing fits where I go on for 10 or
20 sneezies...

What in the world is the problem? I really don't think she is saying
"gesundheit" in cat. Besides, she looks REALLY annoyed when she does it.
It's like "Cut that out, human!"

Anyone else get this from their owners?

Deborah
slave to the Seven
Old July 5th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:37:23 -0700, Phoenix wrote:

[...]

My cat (coincidentally named Cinders) will dash out of the room whenever
I sneeze, then come back in a minute or so. I once sneezed when Merton
(once of my sister's cats, now deceased) was sitting on my lap. Merton
didn't jump down, but she did look around at me with her ears laid back,
an expression that clearly said, "Don't do that again."

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 5th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Phoenix" wrote in message
[...]

Skeeter (RB) used to run out of the room when I sneezed, especially if she
was on my lap at the time. Since I have hay fever, this happened a lot.

Sneezing doesn't bother Lindy at all, but she gets very upset, running
*into* the room and meowing loudly, if I LOL or cry noisily.

Joy

Old July 5th 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Phoenix wrote:
Lately, she has started complaining whenever I sneeze. Does anyone
else's cat do that?

Nikki used to do that, both when I coughed and when I sneezed. She
always sounded really annoyed, too. The current two don't react.

Old July 5th 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Phoenix wrote:

Lately, she has started complaining whenever I sneeze. Does anyone
else's cat do that?

I sneeze, and she makes this noise that is a combination of "growl" and
"chitter", kind of like a machine gun. Every time I sneeze. Which can
get interesting when I have those sneezing fits where I go on for 10 or
20 sneezies...

What in the world is the problem? I really don't think she is saying
"gesundheit" in cat. Besides, she looks REALLY annoyed when she does it.
It's like "Cut that out, human!"

Anyone else get this from their owners?

When I sneeze, the cat who's cuddling with me at the time (could be
any one of them) gets up and leaves. The speed of the departure depends
on the cat. Smudge sometimes doesn't leave, but she will look put out.
Roxy will get up and stalk off in a huff, and then will sit some
distance away and glare at me. Licky will be gone so fast I can barely
see him go.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 5th 08, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I am just getting over one of those summer cold things where you can hack
your head off. This happens mostly at night and, when it starts there is a
parade of cats heading out of the room. Sometimes Piglet looks at me like

Old July 5th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"Phoenix" wrote in message
[...]

Oscar doesn't like it when I sneeze. He scurries out of the room... and
fast. When I yawn, he crouches down to make sure it isn't going to be a
sneeze!! ))

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Deborah
slave to the Seven

Old July 5th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Cinder may just not like the loud noise and is telling you to stop making
it. There are noises that just jar my nerves and since I had the tubes put
in my ears it is even worse. I can only imagine how loud a sneeze is to a
cat. Yeah, I think Cinder is telling you to "keep it down!"

(or not)

Andy

Old July 6th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I sneeze, and she makes this noise that is a combination of "growl" and
"chitter", kind of like a machine gun. Every time I sneeze. Which can
get interesting when I have those sneezing fits where I go on for 10 or
20 sneezies...

What in the world is the problem? I really don't think she is saying
"gesundheit" in cat. Besides, she looks REALLY annoyed when she does it.
It's like "Cut that out, human!"

Anyone else get this from their owners?

Most of mine do the same, but I have an exceptionally violent sneeze
(seems to be hereditary, my father did the same and he said his father
did too). The exception is Splodge. It takes a hell of a lot to
bother Splodge (vacuum cleaners? who cares, man...) and he also has a
sneeze which would scale up to being much like mine, so he can identify
instead of assuming it's a cat bounty hunter with a 12-bore snotgun.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Cinder Granby Cat community 7 October 16th 07 09:12 PM
luvy-scared of sneeze Michael Lane Cat health & behaviour 4 August 17th 07 09:51 PM
Cat Lovers Lining Up for No-Sneeze Kitties Doe John Cat anecdotes 8 November 12th 06 03:20 AM
Anti-sneeze/cough purrs, please? Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 26 January 26th 05 05:20 PM
Lynxie sometimes meows in his sleep when I sneeze Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 8 December 28th 04 01:39 AM