little miss speedy

Old June 7th 10, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

Default little miss speedy

On 07 Jun 2010 04:11:18 GMT, wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

Sonya's nickname "speedy" has nothing to do with speed. It is short
for "speedbump" and has to do with her tendancy to lie on her back in
high traffic areas, such as the doorway into the kitchen.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/577870541xMutsU

This one kills me:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/24682...00494391wXjcVX

If I didn't already know that was a cat, I wouldn't be completely sure
what kind of animal it was.

But as the other photos show, she's a really pretty cat!

It's like kliban's comic "how to tell a cat from a meatloaf".
You have to turn it around.

http://www.webpak.net/~heartctr/cats/meatloaf.gif
Old June 7th 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ Nomad wrote:

Sonya's nickname "speedy" has nothing to do with speed. It is short
for "speedbump" and has to do with her tendancy to lie on her back in
high traffic areas, such as the doorway into the kitchen.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/577870541xMutsU

This one kills me:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/24682...00494391wXjcVX

If I didn't already know that was a cat, I wouldn't be completely sure
what kind of animal it was.

But as the other photos show, she's a really pretty cat!

It's like kliban's comic "how to tell a cat from a meatloaf".
You have to turn it around.

http://www.webpak.net/~heartctr/cats/meatloaf.gif

Well, you can tell that she's a living animal, and a mammal at that.
But she could be a number of small mammals - hard to see from that
position.

Actually, I guess she could be a really strange-looking bedroom slipper.

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old June 8th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
This one kills me:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/24682...00494391wXjcVX

If I didn't already know that was a cat, I wouldn't be completely sure
what kind of animal it was.

OMG, the poor thing - what happened to it?

Aside from having apparently been cruelly relocated to the equator
from its home range in the arctic circle.
Old June 8th 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:08:22 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
This one kills me:
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/24682...00494391wXjcVX
If I didn't already know that was a cat, I wouldn't be completely
sure what kind of animal it was.

OMG, the poor thing - what happened to it?
Aside from having apparently been cruelly relocated to the equator
from its home range in the arctic circle.

Antarctic, surely - it's a furry penguin with the bare patch
meant to hatch its egg.

Meanwhile mongo, the desert rat siamese cat is back to coming in just
for 5-10 minute visits. Temps went over 105 this week and on his
visit last night I must have scritched off 25% of his fur as he is
shedding like mad. It'll probably be bath time next time he visits.
He seems to tolerate that if I use fairly hot water.
Old June 8th 10, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jun 7, 7:30*pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

Sonya's nickname "speedy" has nothing to do with speed. *It is short
for "speedbump" and has to do with her tendancy to lie on her back in
high traffic areas, such as the doorway into the kitchen.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/577870541xMutsU

Nothing ever downloaded. *?!?!?!

Wow, downloaded instantly for me, from the above link. Did you try
again?
Old June 8th 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jun 4, 9:40*pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
Sonya's nickname "speedy" has nothing to do with speed. *It is short
for "speedbump" and has to do with her tendancy to lie on her back in
high traffic areas, such as the doorway into the kitchen.

http://pets.webshots.com/album/577870541xMutsU

Pandora does that, dead center in the hallway, right underneath the
swamp cooler. Then she whines and complains when the dog (blind and
deaf now) tries to get around her (and she lies "lengthwise", so there
is about an inch or two on either side of her to wall). Adorable.

Sonya is a beautimeous kitty. Have to agree with Yowie... makes one
just want to nom on that tummy.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old June 8th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ Nomad wrote:

Meanwhile mongo, the desert rat siamese cat is back to coming in just
for 5-10 minute visits. Temps went over 105 this week and on his
visit last night I must have scritched off 25% of his fur as he is
shedding like mad. It'll probably be bath time next time he visits.
He seems to tolerate that if I use fairly hot water.

I thought he was happier at home now - I guess he really just prefers to
be outside?

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet

Speedy svcared the bad mans tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 2 November 21st 07 10:31 PM
Prayers and purrs for a speedy recovery for my "Kitty" (Her name) after dental work. kraut Cat community 9 October 3rd 07 02:45 PM
Miss KS? Stormmee Cat community 4 May 9th 06 08:51 AM
Purrs for a speedy wart removal pleeze. Charlie Wilkes Cat anecdotes 5 September 3rd 05 02:49 AM