OT - Helping Purrs Please

Old October 13th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Helping Purrs Please

I don't know if it's the time of year, things that are going on, or just
me - but I find myself in a really deep, dark depression right now. One of
the things my psychiatrist has told me is to *ask* for help instead of just
expecting people to notice and help all on their own (and adding anger to
the depression since depression is anger turned inwards, when they don't
notice). So this is me asking for help to keep from being overwhelmed and
wanting to do just about anything to get away from being me.

I just need to hear something other than death and war and all the things
that make the news here. I need to know that there is a reason for me to
keep fighting this instead of lying down and giving up.

Nothing tastes good - food is ashes in my mouth. I'm not hungry and even
though I'm only 94 pounds, and have DH constantly trying to force me to eat,
I can't shove anything in my face.

I don't know what to say when Ben asks me *why* I'm crying so badly - *I*
don't know!!!

Thanks.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 13th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Oh - DUH!

I would help if I would remember to take my medications first thing instead
of waiting until the pain was overwhelming before trying to play "catch up".
Well, add another symptom to depression - forgetfulness.

Old October 13th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:31:38 -0500, CatNipped wrote:
I would help if I would remember to take my medications first thing instead
of waiting until the pain was overwhelming before trying to play "catch up".
Well, add another symptom to depression - forgetfulness.

as you age, the first two things that go are your memory and
uh.. uh.. duh.. uh.. that other thing!
Old October 13th 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote:
I would help if I would remember to take my medications first thing
instead
of waiting until the pain was overwhelming before trying to play "catch
up".
Well, add another symptom to depression - forgetfulness.

as you age, the first two things that go are your memory and
uh.. uh.. duh.. uh.. that other thing!

LOL! Thank you for the much-needed smile!

Old October 13th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 10/13/2010 10:05 AM, CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Well, I will try:

Fat cats Mimi & Rosie have lost weight since their checkups last year -
a bit over a pound each! They are not thrilled with their diets, and
neither are the other cats, as they are all (11 of them) literally
SCREAMING for their food at mealtimes. Each has their "own" dish (they
occasionally switch, but we don't do the "one giant dish for all"
feedings), so we are having to push them out of the way in order to get
the food *IN* the dish. It's a nightmare!!!

meowmeowMEOWMEOWmewMOWMEOWNYOW (that last one is Weeble, he has a very
nasally voice - the Fran Drescher of cats, my Weeble is)
push kitty out of way, pour kibble into dish
meowmeowMEOWMEOWMEOWNYOW
repeat 10 times, while trying *not* to trip over "starving" cats, *and*
keeping them from stealing each others food
meowmeowMEOWNYOW
when finished, replace lid on bin, sit back and relish the quiet of 11
kitties crunching their kibbles
CruNchmuchcrunchcrunCH
"11 kitties crunching" should be worked into that Christmas song

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old October 13th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
I would help if I would remember to take my medications first thing instead
of waiting until the pain was overwhelming before trying to play "catch up".
Well, add another symptom to depression - forgetfulness.

That's one of my main problems, your post just reminded me to take my
lunchtime meds I should have taken three hours ago.

Maybe if you watched the news of the Chilean miners being rescued it
would help, at least it is good news.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 13th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Thank you, MMJ - I love the mind-picture you created! It's funny, but I
must have the only cats in the world who do not come rushing in to eat.
They eat canned food, so it's not that they "free feed" and just aren't
hungry at any one time, but aside from Sammy and Ozzy, none of the others
even walk into the kitchen at meal time.

Again, thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

Old October 13th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 10/13/2010 12:22 PM, CatNipped wrote:
Thank you, MMJ - I love the mind-picture you created! It's funny, but I
must have the only cats in the world who do not come rushing in to eat.
They eat canned food, so it's not that they "free feed" and just aren't
hungry at any one time, but aside from Sammy and Ozzy, none of the others
even walk into the kitchen at meal time.

Again, thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

You're welcome!
We tried canned at our house - too expensive and Ping (whose poo
naturally stinks enough to make ones eyes water) got the diarrhea - bad
(I'm talking didn't even make it to the litter-box!). And some others
got the runny poo, while some others just plain don't like it at all.
But kibble - they snarf it down like it's French cuisine! Never mind
that they get just a scoonch more than 1/8 a cup per feeding (and they
are fed 2x a day, sometime 3 when the begging gets pathetic), when they
*think* they should be getting an entire 5 pound bag of kibble per
feeding per cat per day....

Old October 13th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Yeah, you're right - I saw that news item just after writing this. I can't
imagine being trapped like that for so long!

Thank you, Adrian, I really appreciate your support.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...

Old October 13th 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

[...]

Yeah, it's hard to switch from crunchy to canned. After Katrina, my SIL's
two cats would eat the same food as my (then) four cats and they ended up
with bad diarrhea from the switch. Also, most cats seem to like the crunchy
more than the canned so they fight the switch.