Cat Litter Study, Day 2

Old November 9th 12, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat Litter Study, Day 2

Yesterday morning I emptied Persia's litter box. She'd already done her
morning business. I put in a new pan liner then added some of the
"test" litter. I keep her litter box in the master bathroom. The sink
area is outside of where it (and the toilet and tub) are. I was at the
sink when I saw her go in to use the box. She stopped. She sniffed.
What is this? But she had to wee so she didn't have a choice.

I'm not sure she likes this new litter. I'm taking notes (which was
suggested for the study). Me? It clumps just fine and it's not overly
dusty. It's very mildly scented but not overpowering (I can't stand
that). I'll be filling out the survey next week to tell them what
Persia and I think. This product isn't on the market yet (and may not
be, depending on the test results from everyone who is doing a home study).

Meanwhile, back at the computer, I'm using Thunderbird for posting now.
Yesterday I was sitting here minding my own business when a flock of
blue birds landed in the back yard. They were bathing and drinking out
of the bird bath. Persia sat at the window, making little squeaking
noises at them I managed to snap some pics of some of the birds.

http://tinyurl.com/bc2v9pj

Jill

Old November 10th 12, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Yesterday I was sitting here minding my own business when a flock of
blue birds landed in the back yard. They were bathing and drinking out
of the bird bath. Persia sat at the window, making little squeaking
noises at them I managed to snap some pics of some of the birds.

http://tinyurl.com/bc2v9pj

Jill

~~~~~~~~~~
I'm jealous! I love bluebirds. You did bring back a special memory. I
grew up in northeast Ohio. We had read that bluebird houses should be
cleaned out before winter sets in because large numbers will sometimes
occupy the same bluebird house *at the same time* on exceptionally cold
days. So, I faithfully cleaned ours every year but did not know if they
were being used in this way. Then, one cold winter day, our family was
sitting at the kitchen table and looking out the window. Suddenly, a large
number of bluebirds began to quickly "swoop" into the house. They came one
after the other and swooped into the house without even pausing. I don't
know how so many could pack into that little house or how they could get
inside without even pausing for the next one. The house was empty the next
day, so it had obviously done its job. I had never seen such a sight before
and have not seen it since, but it was a very special sight to see.

MaryL

Old November 10th 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/10/2012 10:03 AM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

I'll bet that was something to see!

Bluebirds started showing up here about 3 years ago. I see them for a
few days twice a year, spring and fall. Almost coincides with our
changing the clocks This must be on their migratory route.

Jill