Do kitties like kisses?

Old May 24th 10, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Do kitties like kisses?

Do cats like kisses or not? I'm still trying to figure this out.

Buster likes to avoid getting kissed on the head. Sometimes I'll be
cuddling with him, and the moment a lip brushes against a guard hair,
he'll duck. Scritching his head is very much appreciated though.
Sometimes he'll tolerate being kissed for a minute or so before he
relocates.

When I'm in the bathroom, Buster will often hop up on the sink. He
has a well established strategy there - if I try to kiss him on the
head, he'll turn around and stick his head under the faucet,
presenting his butt. "Kiss this instead, Daddy."

Dot, on the other hand, lowers her head for head kisses, and often
begs for tummy kisses as well. She's my "tummy cat".
Old May 24th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:
Do cats like kisses or not? I'm still trying to figure this out.

Buster likes to avoid getting kissed on the head. Sometimes I'll be
cuddling with him, and the moment a lip brushes against a guard hair,
he'll duck. Scritching his head is very much appreciated though.
Sometimes he'll tolerate being kissed for a minute or so before he
relocates.

When I'm in the bathroom, Buster will often hop up on the sink. He
has a well established strategy there - if I try to kiss him on the
head, he'll turn around and stick his head under the faucet,
presenting his butt. "Kiss this instead, Daddy."

Dot, on the other hand, lowers her head for head kisses, and often
begs for tummy kisses as well. She's my "tummy cat".

Caliban not only loves kisses, he gives them, too. That is, he rubs his
mouth against mine. I call it kissing, though I know he's only rubbing
his scent on me. :P He doesn't have to rub it on my mouth, though.

Frank used to kiss me, too. I especially remember one time, I had been
away for the weekend, and when I got home, he jumped onto my kitchen
table, grabbed the front of my t-shirt with his front paw, pulled me
down to his face and rubbed his mouth against mine. 'Come here, you!
Kiss me first, then unpack your bag!' He also used to offer me his cheek
to kiss.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old May 24th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
[...]

TuTu gives kisses -- nose kisses. If I ask for a kiss, she touches her
nose to either my forehead or cheek. Once in a while she plays "hard to
get" and will look all around until she gives in. MLB
Old May 24th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Piglett likes kisses on her head. O T will tolerate sometimes, Willow does
not even like my head close to hers unless I am in bed and she walks up to
me.

Old May 24th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

Do cats like kisses or not? I'm still trying to figure this out.

Buster likes to avoid getting kissed on the head. Sometimes I'll be
cuddling with him, and the moment a lip brushes against a guard hair,
he'll duck. Scritching his head is very much appreciated though.
Sometimes he'll tolerate being kissed for a minute or so before he
relocates.

When I'm in the bathroom, Buster will often hop up on the sink. He
has a well established strategy there - if I try to kiss him on the
head, he'll turn around and stick his head under the faucet,
presenting his butt. "Kiss this instead, Daddy."

Dot, on the other hand, lowers her head for head kisses, and often
begs for tummy kisses as well. She's my "tummy cat".

Roxy doesn't care much for kisses on her head. She usually ducks away,
even if we're in the middle of a fierce cuddle'n'purr session. She usually
won't leave, unless I do it too much.

Licky *loves* to be kissed on the head. I can do it over and over, and
he just purrs louder.

Joyce

--
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.
Old May 24th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Frank used to kiss me, too. I especially remember one time, I had been
away for the weekend, and when I got home, he jumped onto my kitchen
table, grabbed the front of my t-shirt with his front paw, pulled me
down to his face and rubbed his mouth against mine. 'Come here, you!
Kiss me first, then unpack your bag!' He also used to offer me his cheek
to kiss.

That's so sweet!

Joyce

Old May 24th 10, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 23, 10:47*pm, Takayuki wrote:
Do cats like kisses or not? *I'm still trying to figure this out.

Buster likes to avoid getting kissed on the head. *Sometimes I'll be
cuddling with him, and the moment a lip brushes against a guard hair,
he'll duck. *Scritching his head is very much appreciated though.
Sometimes he'll tolerate being kissed for a minute or so before he
relocates.

When I'm in the bathroom, Buster will often hop up on the sink. *He
has a well established strategy there - if I try to kiss him on the
head, he'll turn around and stick his head under the faucet,
presenting his butt. *"Kiss this instead, Daddy."

Dot, on the other hand, lowers her head for head kisses, and often
begs for tummy kisses as well. *She's my "tummy cat".

Oh, some cats *love* kisses. Frank loves for me to kiss him on his
head. He gets on the keyboard and sticks hishead up under my face
for kisses. A couple is enough, he's happy, and he jumps down.

Sherry

Nose Kisses GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 19 April 2nd 07 11:29 PM
Kitty Kisses jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 November 5th 05 07:18 AM
Kitty Kisses Flippy Cat anecdotes 12 May 31st 05 12:17 PM
Nose Kisses? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 August 4th 04 09:34 AM
Cat Kisses Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 15 September 14th 03 03:37 AM