I've failed

Old October 29th 12, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default I've failed

Takayuki wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:28:17 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's obviously a good thing in your situation but shelves near the ceiling
in every room would be wasted on Boyfriend.
I am always up for learning from a book how I can be a better cat owner
(being a dog person) and I scored well apart from from the shelves. 6 out
of 7 isn't too bad!
He just wouldn't get up on a shelf near the ceiling in a million years even
with a ramp up to it.
So - I won't be doing it. I've failed the 7th key skill of the perfect cat
owner.

Putting up lots of shelves sounds like a really nice idea. In my case, I'm
afraid that I'd be tempted to fill them with books instead of kitties.

I polled my cats. Dot says that an important key skill for a person is
'love'. Buster says that an important key skill is 'making a lap'. Spicey
says that an important key attribute is 'tastes good'.

Hmm. Maybe you can do something about that. You could make yourself taste
bad, to a cat, anyway. Put some bitter apple on your arm?

--
Joyce

Old October 30th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Takayuki wrote:

I polled my cats. Dot says that an important key skill for a person is
'love'. Buster says that an important key skill is 'making a lap'.
Spicey
says that an important key attribute is 'tastes good'.

Hmm. Maybe you can do something about that. You could make yourself taste
bad, to a cat, anyway. Put some bitter apple on your arm?

I think Tak is doing fine already without that. Here we use it on
furniture etc to stop puppies chewing.
If he did apply Bitter Apple to his arms or legs, it would make him smell
bad to her and that's the last thing needed in a very delicate just getting
to know you relationship with a cat who has never been handled until she
recently got her new Daddy.

Tweed

Old October 31st 12, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

I thought he was referring to food, not to himself

Jill

Old October 31st 12, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

I thought he was referring to food, not to himself

And I thought he was referring to the fact that she took a bite from
his hand.

Joyce

Old November 1st 12, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On 2012-10-29, Christina Websell wrote:
It's obviously a good thing in your situation but shelves near the ceiling
in every room would be wasted on Boyfriend.
I am always up for learning from a book how I can be a better cat owner
(being a dog person) and I scored well apart from from the shelves. 6 out
of 7 isn't too bad!
He just wouldn't get up on a shelf near the ceiling in a million years even
with a ramp up to it.
So - I won't be doing it. I've failed the 7th key skill of the perfect cat
owner.

Tweed

The top of the icebox used to function as a high shelf until Spotsie got too
decrepit to jump there. Now she uses the chair as a low shelf. In her
heyday is was kind of exciting to have a cat flash past my face as I sat at
the kitchen table and Spotsie jumped to or from her perch.

Bud