Peace, finally

Old December 7th 03, 12:47 AM
Karen

Default Peace, finally

Good heavens. The cats wanted to play. And play. And play. And play. I'm
tired out. With these guys I still cna't just let them "go". I tried for a
little while and sometimes Grant and Pearl can chase each other without
contact (which can possibly turn into bad news). Well this happened once.
Feathers were ruffled and settled down again, but still they wanted
activity. We built a tunnel, we played with the charmer, we play with the
fur toy on a wand. Finally, an hour and a half later all are settled in
beds. Well I guess it's a good thing it was too cold for a riding lesson
today. I'm almost as tired as if I'd had one!

Karen

Old December 7th 03, 04:43 AM
Hopitus2

Yes, indeed...when the Evil 3 get to skirmishing and it needs to be "broken
up" by the hoomins, they all go hide under the furniture....it is very
difficult for the Blind Terrorist Rowdy to look "innocent and cuddly", so he
doesn't even try, as he is always the instigator!

"CATherine" wrote in message
news : On 6 Dec 2003 18:47:09 -0600, Karen
: wrote:
:
: Good heavens. The cats wanted to play. And play. And play. And play. I'm
: tired out. With these guys I still cna't just let them "go". I tried for
: little while and sometimes Grant and Pearl can chase each other without
: contact (which can possibly turn into bad news). Well this happened once.
: Feathers were ruffled and settled down again, but still they wanted
: activity. We built a tunnel, we played with the charmer, we play with the
: fur toy on a wand. Finally, an hour and a half later all are settled in
: beds. Well I guess it's a good thing it was too cold for a riding lesson
: today. I'm almost as tired as if I'd had one!
:
: Karen
:
: Well, it finally warmed up here so I let the cats outside to burn
: energy. Cold weather, small house, and lots of cats make everyone
: suffer from cabin fever. My cats still have little tussels and
: ambushes and ruffled feathers; but I let them have it out now. I
: figure they are pretty well equal and they don't draw blood. Course,
: if they get too wild and knock things over, i break it up. Then they
: get all innocent and cuddly. :-)
:
: CATherine

Old December 7th 03, 05:43 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Karen composed with style:
Good heavens. The cats wanted to play. And play. And play. And
play. I'm tired out. With these guys I still cna't just let them
"go". I tried for a little while and sometimes Grant and Pearl can
chase each other without contact (which can possibly turn into bad
news). Well this happened once. Feathers were ruffled and settled
down again, but still they wanted activity. We built a tunnel, we
played with the charmer, we play with the fur toy on a wand.
Finally, an hour and a half later all are settled in beds. Well I
guess it's a good thing it was too cold for a riding lesson today.
I'm almost as tired as if I'd had one!

Karen

Busy day!! I've been snowed in and played with the kitties today,
too. I guess I'll have to go shovel out my driveway tomorrow, though.
I should have done it today because tomorrow it'll be ice. lol Last
night I went to a church play my neice was in and it emotionally wore
me out. It was called "code red" about Christmas in the ER. I wished
she had warned me.

Old December 7th 03, 06:59 AM
Hopitus2

They have a play about Christmas in an ER? I just spent *Thanksgiving* in my
ER so I would *not* have to spend Christmas working there! I can just
imagine what went on in that play......BTW all of us who toil in ERs where I
work think the tv shows are a real hoot - AS IF
personnel have time or would be ignored long enough to get away with what
the actors on tv shows (loud arguments, kissing, nurses yelling at and
hassling docs - now *there's a hoot and a half! - when they call the cops,
they appear as if by magic immediately) supposedly do in ERs. It's even
funnier when you click on the tv after a hard night's work in one......and
watch the "docs" hanging up the xrays upside down (snort).

"Karen" wrote in message
: in article , Cheryl at
: wrote on 12/6/03 11:43 PM:
:
: In ,
: Karen composed with style:
[...]
: I *wish* we had snow. It was so cold I couldn't have my riding lesson but
: dry as a bone! If it's that cold, I at least want snow to go with it! I'm
so
: tired of snowless winters!
:
: Karen
:

Old December 7th 03, 08:30 AM
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
Good heavens. The cats wanted to play. And play. And play. And play.
I'm tired out. With these guys I still cna't just let them "go". I
tried for a little while and sometimes Grant and Pearl can chase each
other without contact (which can possibly turn into bad news). Well
this happened once. Feathers were ruffled and settled down again, but
still they wanted activity. We built a tunnel, we played with the
charmer, we play with the fur toy on a wand. Finally, an hour and a
half later all are settled in beds. Well I guess it's a good thing it
was too cold for a riding lesson today. I'm almost as tired as if I'd
had one!

Karen

This is one reason I don't have multiple cats! (let alone kids!) Sometimes
when Persia is dashing around I get tired just watching her!

Jill

Old December 8th 03, 03:14 AM
m. L. Briggs

On 8 Dec 2003 02:08:55 GMT, CATherine
wrote:

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:30:53 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Karen wrote:
Good heavens. The cats wanted to play. And play. And play. And play.
I'm tired out. With these guys I still cna't just let them "go". I
tried for a little while and sometimes Grant and Pearl can chase each
other without contact (which can possibly turn into bad news). Well
this happened once. Feathers were ruffled and settled down again, but
still they wanted activity. We built a tunnel, we played with the
charmer, we play with the fur toy on a wand. Finally, an hour and a
half later all are settled in beds. Well I guess it's a good thing it
was too cold for a riding lesson today. I'm almost as tired as if I'd
had one!

Karen

This is one reason I don't have multiple cats! (let alone kids!) Sometimes
when Persia is dashing around I get tired just watching her!

Jill

What gets me tired is dodging racing felines that suddenly decide to
play ambush under my long gown with me in the middle of the fight
while trying to cook supper. Robin, especially, believes I have eyes
in my feet and would never step on him or accidentally kick him. You
can always tell cat lovers; they shuffle when they walk and hold their
heads down.

CATherine

Gee! I was blaming it on my age.
Old December 9th 03, 06:03 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Karen
wrote:

I *wish* we had snow. It was so cold I couldn't have my riding lesson but dry

as a bone! If it's that cold, I at least want snow to go with it! I'm so tired
of snowless winters!

Karen

We have over 20 in. here in Mass. Send us trucks we'll send you snow.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.