Vaccincation Question....please help!

Old January 26th 04, 08:07 PM
jamie

Janice wrote:
I have two TOTALLY indoor cats. I decided last year not to continue
vaccinating them (they are 5). However, last summer I found a tame but

I think you should reconsider. I don't vaccinate my indoor cats for
diseases only passed by contact with another infected cat, but I do keep
them vaccinated for distemper and rabies.

Feline distemper is an airborne pathogen, so your cats will be at risk.

Rabies vaccination is usually required by law. A rabid bat could get
into your house, or your cats could escape and encounter a rabid skunk,
possum, or raccoon -- all of which often live in cities as well as in
suburban and rural areas. Bats can fit through cracks only 1/4 inch
wide, and in a friend's bat-infested house, they came out through the
light fixtures when their exit from the attic was blocked up.

According to the CDC, any unvaccinated cat or dog that is bitten by a wild
animal needs to be either euthanized or kept in isolation for 6 months.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old January 27th 04, 10:48 AM
Phil P

"Liz" wrote in message
om...

I believe I remember reading that adult cats do not get feline
leukemia

Another one of your utterly stupid, *asinine* and dangerous statements....
No one posts more erroneous and dangerous information in this group than
you... Do you even realize you continuously post dangerous information? Do
you do it intentionally, or are you really that clueless?

Adult cats *can* and certainly *do* become infected with FeLV....

You said you were in "research in the pharmaceutical industry".... Then you
should be well aware of vaccine efficacy studies required for licensing in
which a significant proporÂ*tion of unvaccinated adult controls became
infected when they were housed with FeLV-infected cats....

in a lawsuit done by some Texan vet against all vets in Texas
for malpractice. I´m too tired right now but I´ll try to look it up.

Its not surprising you have a knack for finding quotes and articles written
by nut cases.... Birds of a feather... Did it ever occur to you that you
should look up and verify the accuracy of your information *before* you post
it.... No wonder you're not in research any more...

Now, do the cats of the world a favor and take a nap... a real long nap...
say about 20 years or so... May be about 400 mg of potassium IV will help
you sleep a little better....

Old January 27th 04, 02:48 PM
BudGan25

Phil P wrote:
"Liz" wrote in message
om...

(Liz) wrote in message

. com...

"Gail" wrote in message news:

I would have him tested again for feline leukemia and if he's OK, I

would

integrate with the other two in your house. I have done this twice

myself.

Gail

I believe I remember reading that adult cats do not get feline
leukemia in a lawsuit done by some Texan vet against all vets in Texas
for malpractice. I´m too tired right now but I´ll try to look it up.

Found it...

The recommendation of annual Feline Leukemia Vaccine for adult cats,
and cats that are not at risk is theft by deception, fraud by
misrepresentation, misrepresentation by silence, and undue influence
given the literature that states:

1. Cats over one year of age, if not previously infected, are immune
to Feline Leukemia virus infection whether they are vaccinated or not.

BULLSH!T!!!!!!!! Only you could find ridiculous nonsense like that!

You also said cats shouldn't be vaccinated and even though millions of cats
would die, the ones that survived would be "stronger".... Do you realize
there's something seriously wrong with you?

Bioethics. The new Nazism.