overweight cat over eating

Old June 23rd 04, 09:30 AM
Luvskats00

Can you feed you cat smaller amounts (more often) during the day? This way,
he's getting the same amount of food..just in different amounts - more often!
Old June 23rd 04, 09:30 AM
Luvskats00

Old June 23rd 04, 09:30 AM
Luvskats00

Old June 23rd 04, 10:11 AM
Vee

"Mary" wrote in message
Any advice as to why he may be acting the way he is, and how to curb
his attention from food?

snippy

"........ Maybe he could use a little
exercise as well, playing with a toy on a string, laser mouse for 15

minutes a day."

What if the cat runs in terror from any kind of dangling or dragged mousy
on a string?
I suppose the running, is okay, but straight under the table?

The only time The Phantom moves faster than a stroll is when he thinks food
is about to be offered.
Though to be fair, he is starting to learn how to play. It has taken over a
year, mind.

His favourite form of excersise is falling on the floor. Considering husband
shuffles about on either a walking frame or two crutches, this habit of
turning into a speed bump is a pesky nuciance.

Vee

Old June 23rd 04, 10:11 AM
Vee

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

"Nada" wrote

Any advice as to why he may be acting the way he is, and how to curbhis

attention from food?

All I can tell you is that I had my Big Girl Buddha, age 8, on diet Iams

dry
for two years and she gained weight.

butting into another thread Oh no!!!! That is what I am using!!!!

Now that I feed her wet food (like I
said in another post, half a small can, the size of the Iams cans, in the
morning and half at night) she is losing. I also give her about 1/4 cup of
dry a day, in between her wet food. She is actually more excited about

food,
because she loves the canned food so much. However--she is losing weight
slowly, like my vet said is good for them. She has probably lost half a
pound in about six months. Also, she plays more and her fur is shinier and
she just seems healthier.

Right!!! I read this with deep attention. Seems there are two of us here in
the same boat..
Though I haven't seen any tinned Iams about at all.
I shop on-line. Perhaps I should buy cat food in bulk, online as well. Never
thought about this before.

Anybody here from the UK? Any suggestions?

Vee