Tuxedo cat, brown freckles?

Old March 11th 05, 07:36 PM
Mary

Default Tuxedo cat, brown freckles?

I was scratching Buddha's ears and noticed big brown freckles on the skin
between her eyes and her ears. They are not raised, and are not crud, they
are definitely skin discoloration. Where they are is in that place in front
of the ears themselves where the fur is sparse?

She will go in to the vet for a regular checkup next week. In the meantime,
has anyone seen this before?

Old March 11th 05, 09:14 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1110569806.2d27845254236ded5c46fb7570a2ab27@t eranews...
I was scratching Buddha's ears and noticed big brown freckles on the skin
between her eyes and her ears. They are not raised, and are not crud, they
are definitely skin discoloration. Where they are is in that place in

front
of the ears themselves where the fur is sparse?

She will go in to the vet for a regular checkup next week. In the

meantime,
has anyone seen this before?

Normal. Herrie - also a tuxedo - has them in the exact same place. Normal
even if not a tuxedo.

Cathy

Old March 11th 05, 09:58 PM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1110569806.2d27845254236ded5c46fb7570a2ab27@t eranews...
I was scratching Buddha's ears and noticed big brown freckles on the

skin
between her eyes and her ears. They are not raised, and are not crud,

they
are definitely skin discoloration. Where they are is in that place in

front
of the ears themselves where the fur is sparse?

She will go in to the vet for a regular checkup next week. In the

meantime,
has anyone seen this before?

Normal. Herrie - also a tuxedo - has them in the exact same place.

Normal
even if not a tuxedo.

Cathy

Thank you, Cathy. She needs one more health problem like she needs
a bigger appetite!

Old March 12th 05, 02:31 PM

Mary wrote:
I was scratching Buddha's ears and noticed big brown freckles on the

skin
between her eyes and her ears. They are not raised, and are not crud,

they
are definitely skin discoloration. Where they are is in that place in

front
of the ears themselves where the fur is sparse?

She will go in to the vet for a regular checkup next week. In the

meantime,
has anyone seen this before?

Biskit has that. But I'd also noticed when she was shaved for surgery
that every where her fur is black, the skin is black. The areas where
the fur is yellow, the skin is pink. I just figured those spots on that
sparse part is where the fur would be black. Guess not, since Tuxes
have them too.
When it gets warm, I'm going to get her a lion cut or at least get her
belly and chest shaved. She has long, fine, wispy,fly-away fur that
matts so easy. She's really going to look weird with spotted skin.

Sherry

Old March 12th 05, 04:37 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
I was scratching Buddha's ears and noticed big brown freckles on the

skin

Biskit has that. But I'd also noticed when she was shaved for surgery
that every where her fur is black, the skin is black. The areas where
the fur is yellow, the skin is pink. I just figured those spots on that
sparse part is where the fur would be black. Guess not, since Tuxes
have them too.

Good to know. They sure look weird. And FWIW they are not on
any of her white areas.

When it gets warm, I'm going to get her a lion cut or at least get her
belly and chest shaved. She has long, fine, wispy,fly-away fur that
matts so easy. She's really going to look weird with spotted skin.

Sherry! I know things get dull sometimes but cat shaving?

Old March 12th 05, 11:23 PM

When it gets warm, I'm going to get her a lion cut or at least get

her
belly and chest shaved. She has long, fine, wispy,fly-away fur

that
matts so easy. She's really going to look weird with spotted skin.

Sherry! I know things get dull sometimes but cat shaving?

Oh man. We *have* to do something. Her fur is long and real wispy. It
tangles so bad. I think she's really inept at self-grooming -- I think
she creates the matts herself trying to lick the part between the two
front legs. She had one bigger than a half dollar that I spent two days
getting out. Now she's got another one started. I have some clippers.
If I can get DH To hold her down, it might be enough to shave from the
front legs to about halfway down her belly. She'd look really weird
with a lion cut.

Sherry

Old March 13th 05, 12:32 AM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...

When it gets warm, I'm going to get her a lion cut or at least get

her
belly and chest shaved. She has long, fine, wispy,fly-away fur

that
matts so easy. She's really going to look weird with spotted skin.

Sherry! I know things get dull sometimes but cat shaving?

Oh man. We *have* to do something. Her fur is long and real wispy. It
tangles so bad. I think she's really inept at self-grooming -- I think
she creates the matts herself trying to lick the part between the two
front legs. She had one bigger than a half dollar that I spent two days
getting out. Now she's got another one started. I have some clippers.
If I can get DH To hold her down, it might be enough to shave from the
front legs to about halfway down her belly. She'd look really weird
with a lion cut.

We want pitchers.

Old March 13th 05, 04:21 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1110645462.ab94d3e268e98ce48880dd9e9bed23c4@t eranews...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
I was scratching Buddha's ears and noticed big brown freckles on the

skin

Biskit has that. But I'd also noticed when she was shaved for surgery
that every where her fur is black, the skin is black. The areas where
the fur is yellow, the skin is pink. I just figured those spots on that
sparse part is where the fur would be black. Guess not, since Tuxes
have them too.

Good to know. They sure look weird. And FWIW they are not on
any of her white areas.

When it gets warm, I'm going to get her a lion cut or at least get her
belly and chest shaved. She has long, fine, wispy,fly-away fur that
matts so easy. She's really going to look weird with spotted skin.

Sherry! I know things get dull sometimes but cat shaving?

It's fairly common - the "lion cut" Sherry mentioned - for long-haired cats
who mat like crazy in the summer.

Cathy

Old March 13th 05, 05:10 AM

It's fairly common - the "lion cut" Sherry
mentioned - for long-haired cats who mat
like crazy in the summer.

I have a page about lion cuts with pics he
http://community.webtv.net/getcathelp/lioncut

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old March 13th 05, 06:05 AM

It's fairly common - the "lion cut" Sherry
mentioned - for long-haired cats who mat
like crazy in the summer.

I have a page about lion cuts with pics he
http://community.webtv.net/getcathelp/lioncut

Megan

The orange cat in the pics actually *looks* like a lion! The cut really
looks good on him.
It also looks like the cat isn't shaved really close, unless the pic
was taken after it had grown out a bit. Bikkie's always on the
windowsill--like Garfield, she gets "trapped in a sunbeam". I wonder if
she'd sunburn.

Sherry